Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• January 7, 2012 2:01 PM CST
    • I agree , Mudhoney was closer to the "Garage" side of the coin , than the stuff Sub Pop became famous for , or famously sold to bigger labels , but , I saw them once , on the strength of their first Sub Pop single , and walked out about 20 minutes into it. It did'nt  move me at all , and they did'nt acknowledge the crowd , once . Personally , I try to make eye contact with people I'm playing to , so they'll know I'm paying attention to them , and trying to get a feel for what they might like.....You can't do that with your eyes permanently shut , and your hair over your eyes , besides , something Cobain raised to an art form , later...The bassist , to his credit , moved around a lot , and kept his eyes opened ....Staring at a blank wall to the left of the stage.     I liked the "Sonic Boom!" book for the most part , and I knew Grunge would get a lot of coverage , that's OK , but , giving Fred Cole and Girl Trouble one sentence each ?! Makes you wonder who's minding the store....

KK Dirty Money said:

This is great! Good subject, good question, good responses. Thanks!

I guess I'll chime in as the "grunge guy""...

I always thought Mudhoney was a pretty cool band from the latter part of that era, along with some of the other Sub Pop bands from back then.

Look into the Sub Pop label for that Seattle slice of this pie. 

• January 7, 2012 10:38 AM CST
    • Funny how barely anyone mentioned The Oblivians here. They surely are one of my favorite bands from the 80s/90s and one of the keys bands at those times. Friggin amazing stuff. Also, can't forget about The Gories, The Mummies, Teengenerate, The Cynics (as mentioned before), Compulsive Gamblers and the list could go on. But those are my personal favorites from those times.

• January 7, 2012 7:07 AM CST
    • I like The Neats, True West, The Real Kids, Infliktors, The Customs, The Flies, Del Fuegos, and of course The Boys From Nowhere.  Ace Of Hearts records! 

Ted

• January 6, 2012 3:14 PM CST
    • yeah! the lyres! and i remember the 3 o'clock..they were a big thing for me...got me into the jam....primal screams first record sonic flowersomethin or other...pussy galore!  the supersuckers....and the dwarves.....the 80's were great!

• January 6, 2012 2:50 PM CST
    • I reccommend these comps to get you started:

Children of Nuggets: Original Artyfacts from the Second Psychedelic Era 1976-1996

Be a Caveman: The Best of the Voxx Garage Revival

Destination: Bomp! The Best of Bomp Records' First 20 Years

• January 7, 2012 12:21 PM CST
    • Here's the proper download link:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

whatwave dave said:

Playlist Jan 5/2012

The first show of the new year, called "London Ontario Is Once Again In The News....EMD Workers Locked Out" and here's the facebook link for this show's event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/340476152629331/

The quick rundown, company gets millions from the federal government in tax breaks approx 2 years ago and one of the deals is they can't close/move the plant. Caterpillar (which just recently bought the company) decides to cut all workers wages and benefits by 50% during union contract renewals. Union and workers refuse the pay cut, the company locks the workers out and looks like it will move the equipment to another plant, in Muncie Indiana. London has almost the highest unemployment in Canada and recently lost a Ford plant putting many others out of work. The federal government won't step in because it says it's not in the business to settle labour disputes, yet recently got involved when Canada Post and Air Canada were in contract negotiations. The media is watching this story as it could set precedents in future union negotiations.

So this show, is songs about working,labour, jobs, bosses etc....we had TONS of phone-ins during the show with lots of great requests and support for the workers!

1. Ray Condo and His Hardrock Goners...Greenback Dollar...from their first LP, Crazy Date from the late 80's.

2. The Demics...Factories...from the New York City CD on OPM. Played this song last week and a regular listener who was employed at Ford called in to talk about how many of the Ford employess got screwed when the plant closed down. He talked about guys that had been there for years, but weren't old enough to retire, hence have to find income to pay their mortgages, feed the family, and pay the bills. This got me thinking,  hence this week's show.

3. Subhumans...Big Picture...from the Incorrect Thoughts LP from 1980. The Subhumans are a highly political punk band, listen to just about any of their songs and you'll get an honest look at a situation that you may not even know exists. These guys put a lot of thought and effort into their songs and they've been among my fave bands for many years. They were the last band that i saw at legendary Toronto club The Edge, days before it closed in 1981. They also played London on that same tour and the Ford worker mentioned above, happened to make an audio tape of that show which occasionally gets some airplay here on Radio WW. The Subhumans have done 2 reunion tours, in 2006 and 2010, both times playing at Call The Office here in London and they haven't lost any of the anger/energy/intelligence they've always had!

4. Blue Peter...Factory Living....from the Test Patterns For Living EP on Ready Records 1980.

5. Johnny Cash...One Piece At A Time...had to play this from a crappy mp3 download...just couldn't find a decent vinyl or CD copy...sorry for the poor sound quality, but this is a song that just had to be played. The ultimate rip off of the company whilst working at an auto plant!

6. Washington Squares...D Train...from their self titled debut LP from 1987. This song drips with anger about working the 9 to 5 thing....Washington Squares played at a place called Kiplings here in London 4/24/88 and it was a CHRW presentation. We did an interview with the band after the show for What Wave zine and that was published. In the same issue we did an interview with Teenage Head's Dave Rave. Coincidentally Lauren Agnelli from the Washington Squares (based in NYC) and Dave Rave (based in Hamilton Ontario) who didn't know each other when the issue was published, ended up in a band together called The Dave Rave Conspiracy (later Dave Rave Group) and whenever we saw them after that issue was published, would say it was us that brought them together....weird coincidence or something.

7. The Vogues...5 O'clock World...from the LP of the same name.

8. The Subhumans...Modern Business... from the New Dark Age Parade CD.

9. The Ramones...The Job That Ate My Brain...from the Mondo Bizarro CD from 1992.

10. DOA...Liar For Hire...from the War On 45 EP from 1982. Another politically charged punk band and like The Subhumans (who they've traded members with over the years) call Vancouver home. A couple months back, prior to DOA playing at Call The Office here in London, lead singer/guitarist Joe Shithead gave a talk/solo performance at Grooves Records and talked about his days listening to protest songs prior to submerging into the punk scene.

11. Flying Squad...Brian Mulroney....local combo recorded this as a demo in the early 80's and the above mentioned Ford employee just might be doing the vocals on this one. For those that don't know, Brian Mulroney was the Prime Minister of Canada several years back...he was a 2 faced fucking liar as this song points out.

12. Jimmy Reed....Big Boss Man...from the 1980 LP Upside Your Head...probably recorded in about 1962.

13. New Bomb Turks...Mr Suit...from the Destroy-Oh-Boy Lp on Crypt Records from 1993. NBT's played London a couple of times in the mid 90's at Call The Office.

14. Woody Guthrie...Talking Dust Bowl Blues...from 1940 and one of the first white protest singers. An outspoken, ahead of his time, intelligent person that we could really use right about now.

15. Porter Wagoner....11 Cent Cotton...from his 2007 CD Wagonmaster.

16. Deja Voodoo....16 Tons...from the 1985 LP Cemetery.

17. The Zellots...On The Dole...late 70's demo recorded in Vancouver. The Zellots story is told in the latest issue of Mongrel Zine available locally at Grooves and Hot Dog.

18. John Lee Hooker...Want Ad Blues...from one of his many Greatest Hits LP's,

19. Leadbelly...Nation Defense Blues...from a Smithsonian Folkways CD.

20. Wayne Kramer...Something Broken In The Promised Land...from the Dangerous Madness CD from 1996...'some motherfucker is pissing on my grave, how much irrigation can  i stand" opens the song and you KNOW that Brother Wayne is FUCKING  PISSED OFF!!! Easily my fave Wayne Kramer CD and blows me away every listen!

21. CRASS... System....from The Stations Of The Crass double LP.

22. Dead Kennedys...California Uber Alles...from the Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegtables LP from 1980 LP.

23. Leadbelly...There's A Man Going Round Taking Names....some calm before the next punk assault.

24. Sex Pistols...Anarchy In The UK....from the Never Mind The Bollocks LP.

25. Steve Earle...Time Has Come Today...from the Side Tracks CD. Steve's been politically motivated for years, and this one brings out some anger.

26. DOA....General Strike...from the Let's Wreck The Party LP...a great way to end the show as this may be what it comes down to....remember to excercise your right to vote in the next election.

Hope you dug this show and big thanx to all of the call-ins and listeners who sent emails about this one! We might play a few more songs in this vein next week so tune in to find out.

Here's the podcast link to the show:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/..94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

• January 6, 2012 7:08 PM CST
    • Playlist Jan 5/2012

The first show of the new year, called "London Ontario Is Once Again In The News....EMD Workers Locked Out" and here's the facebook link for this show's event:

https://www.facebook.com/events/340476152629331/

The quick rundown, company gets millions from the federal government in tax breaks approx 2 years ago and one of the deals is they can't close/move the plant. Caterpillar (which just recently bought the company) decides to cut all workers wages and benefits by 50% during union contract renewals. Union and workers refuse the pay cut, the company locks the workers out and looks like it will move the equipment to another plant, in Muncie Indiana. London has almost the highest unemployment in Canada and recently lost a Ford plant putting many others out of work. The federal government won't step in because it says it's not in the business to settle labour disputes, yet recently got involved when Canada Post and Air Canada were in contract negotiations. The media is watching this story as it could set precedents in future union negotiations.

So this show, is songs about working,labour, jobs, bosses etc....we had TONS of phone-ins during the show with lots of great requests and support for the workers!

1. Ray Condo and His Hardrock Goners...Greenback Dollar...from their first LP, Crazy Date from the late 80's.

2. The Demics...Factories...from the New York City CD on OPM. Played this song last week and a regular listener who was employed at Ford called in to talk about how many of the Ford employess got screwed when the plant closed down. He talked about guys that had been there for years, but weren't old enough to retire, hence have to find income to pay their mortgages, feed the family, and pay the bills. This got me thinking,  hence this week's show.

3. Subhumans...Big Picture...from the Incorrect Thoughts LP from 1980. The Subhumans are a highly political punk band, listen to just about any of their songs and you'll get an honest look at a situation that you may not even know exists. These guys put a lot of thought and effort into their songs and they've been among my fave bands for many years. They were the last band that i saw at legendary Toronto club The Edge, days before it closed in 1981. They also played London on that same tour and the Ford worker mentioned above, happened to make an audio tape of that show which occasionally gets some airplay here on Radio WW. The Subhumans have done 2 reunion tours, in 2006 and 2010, both times playing at Call The Office here in London and they haven't lost any of the anger/energy/intelligence they've always had!

4. Blue Peter...Factory Living....from the Test Patterns For Living EP on Ready Records 1980.

5. Johnny Cash...One Piece At A Time...had to play this from a crappy mp3 download...just couldn't find a decent vinyl or CD copy...sorry for the poor sound quality, but this is a song that just had to be played. The ultimate rip off of the company whilst working at an auto plant!

6. Washington Squares...D Train...from their self titled debut LP from 1987. This song drips with anger about working the 9 to 5 thing....Washington Squares played at a place called Kiplings here in London 4/24/88 and it was a CHRW presentation. We did an interview with the band after the show for What Wave zine and that was published. In the same issue we did an interview with Teenage Head's Dave Rave. Coincidentally Lauren Agnelli from the Washington Squares (based in NYC) and Dave Rave (based in Hamilton Ontario) who didn't know each other when the issue was published, ended up in a band together called The Dave Rave Conspiracy (later Dave Rave Group) and whenever we saw them after that issue was published, would say it was us that brought them together....weird coincidence or something.

7. The Vogues...5 O'clock World...from the LP of the same name.

8. The Subhumans...Modern Business... from the New Dark Age Parade CD.

9. The Ramones...The Job That Ate My Brain...from the Mondo Bizarro CD from 1992.

10. DOA...Liar For Hire...from the War On 45 EP from 1982. Another politically charged punk band and like The Subhumans (who they've traded members with over the years) call Vancouver home. A couple months back, prior to DOA playing at Call The Office here in London, lead singer/guitarist Joe Shithead gave a talk/solo performance at Grooves Records and talked about his days listening to protest songs prior to submerging into the punk scene.

11. Flying Squad...Brian Mulroney....local combo recorded this as a demo in the early 80's and the above mentioned Ford employee just might be doing the vocals on this one. For those that don't know, Brian Mulroney was the Prime Minister of Canada several years back...he was a 2 faced fucking liar as this song points out.

12. Jimmy Reed....Big Boss Man...from the 1980 LP Upside Your Head...probably recorded in about 1962.

13. New Bomb Turks...Mr Suit...from the Destroy-Oh-Boy Lp on Crypt Records from 1993. NBT's played London a couple of times in the mid 90's at Call The Office.

14. Woody Guthrie...Talking Dust Bowl Blues...from 1940 and one of the first white protest singers. An outspoken, ahead of his time, intelligent person that we could really use right about now.

15. Porter Wagoner....11 Cent Cotton...from his 2007 CD Wagonmaster.

16. Deja Voodoo....16 Tons...from the 1985 LP Cemetery.

17. The Zellots...On The Dole...late 70's demo recorded in Vancouver. The Zellots story is told in the latest issue of Mongrel Zine available locally at Grooves and Hot Dog.

18. John Lee Hooker...Want Ad Blues...from one of his many Greatest Hits LP's,

19. Leadbelly...Nation Defense Blues...from a Smithsonian Folkways CD.

20. Wayne Kramer...Something Broken In The Promised Land...from the Dangerous Madness CD from 1996...'some motherfucker is pissing on my grave, how much irrigation can  i stand" opens the song and you KNOW that Brother Wayne is FUCKING  PISSED OFF!!! Easily my fave Wayne Kramer CD and blows me away every listen!

21. CRASS... System....from The Stations Of The Crass double LP.

22. Dead Kennedys...California Uber Alles...from the Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegtables LP from 1980 LP.

23. Leadbelly...There's A Man Going Round Taking Names....some calm before the next punk assault.

24. Sex Pistols...Anarchy In The UK....from the Never Mind The Bollocks LP.

25. Steve Earle...Time Has Come Today...from the Side Tracks CD. Steve's been politically motivated for years, and this one brings out some anger.

26. DOA....General Strike...from the Let's Wreck The Party LP...a great way to end the show as this may be what it comes down to....remember to excercise your right to vote in the next election.

Hope you dug this show and big thanx to all of the call-ins and listeners who sent emails about this one! We might play a few more songs in this vein next week so tune in to find out.

Here's the podcast link to the show:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/..94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

• January 7, 2012 12:17 PM CST
    • The first Modern Lovers LP!  Or...the first Velvet Underground LP...or The Soft Boys "Underwater Moonlight...or....hey, this question is too hard to answer!!!!  You tell us what you would suggest!"

• January 6, 2012 3:58 PM CST
    • Every day should be Gene Vincent day!

Bobby said:

Dude, I somehow have never heard the Von Zippers (even though I had seen the name over the years)... This is my fucking FAVORITE (today anyway... I'm extremely manic & tomorrow it might be Reverend Beat Man or the Swans, or Gene Vincent.... )

Eric Severstad said:

• January 7, 2012 12:16 PM CST
    • with love from Jolly England! Featuring living British legend! drummer BRUCE BRAND! The Dustaphonics

• January 7, 2012 11:24 AM CST
    • I'm not too thrilled with the submissions this time around. I've downloaded about 50 songs, but am not too wowed by any of 'em (although some will definitely make Vol. 7), so I've decided to extend the deadline for submitting songs through the end of January. Note: If your band has already been included on a previous volume, please don't submit another song. I'm not looking to repeat bands on these just yet.

Thanks!

• January 7, 2012 11:52 AM CST
    • when does the fat guy gores?i dont wanna watch and wait the hole damn thing for a laugh!!Thank you though!hahah:)

Axel Björnsson said:

bwhahahahahahahahahahaha! When the fat guy starts to gore its hillarious! 

but I think I top you in filth Kopper

• January 7, 2012 11:47 AM CST
    • About Kopper's video of ''choice'',hahahahahahaha thanx for a good laugh on a saturday morning!!TERR-I-BLE!surely a bunch a vey silly meatheads here!Yikes!!

• January 6, 2012 2:42 PM CST
    • bwhahahahahahahahahahaha! When the fat guy starts to gore its hillarious! 

but I think I top you in filth Kopper

• January 7, 2012 1:54 AM CST
    • Show #356: "R.I.P. 2011, Part 1 of 3" playlist:

In memory of Gerry Rafferty, singer/guitarist/songwriter (1947-2011)
      The Humblebums - "Look Over The Hill And Far Away"

In memory of Grady Chapman, singer (1929-2011)
      The Robins - "Smokey Joe's Cafe"

In memory of Phil Kennemore, bassist (1953-2011)
      Yesterday And Today - "Game Playing Woman"

In memory of Oscar Lawson, singer (1937-2011)
      The Royal Jesters - "Wisdom Of A Fool"

In memory of Steve Mancha, singer (1945-2011)
      100 Proof Aged In Soul - "Somebody's Been Sleeping In My Bed"

In memory of Pat Moran, singer/keyboardist/engineer/producer (1945-2011)
      Spring - "The Prisoner (Eight By Ten)"

In memory of Tom Crain, guitarist/banjoist (1941-2011) and...
      In memory of Taz DiGregorio, keyboardist/singer (1944-2011)
      The Charlie Daniels Band - "The Devil Went Down To Georgia"

In memory of Bobby Poe, singer/guitarist (1933-2011)
      Bobby Poe - "Rock & Roll Boogie"

In memory of Mario Bustos, guitarist/bassist (194?-2011)
      J. Frank Wilson & The Cavaliers - "Last Kiss"

In memory of Buddy Charleton, pedal steel guitarist/bassist (1938-2011)
      Ernest Tubb & His Texas Troubadours - "Thanks A Lot"

In memory of Charlie Louvin, guitarist/singer (1927-2011) and...
      In memory of Paul Yandell, guitarist (1935-2011)
      The Louvin Brothers - "Satan's Jeweled Crown"

In memory of Gladys Horton, singer (1944-2011)
      The Marvelettes - "Beechwood 4-5789"

In memory of Don Rondo, singer (1930-2011)
      Don Rondo - "Cuckoo Girl"

In memory of John Barry, composer/conductor (1933-2011)
      John Barry & His Orchestra - "Never Let Go"

In memory of Gary Moore, guitarist/singer (1952-2011)
      Skid Row - "Mad Dog Woman"

In memory of Helen Gathers, singer (1942-2011)
      The Bobbettes - "Mr. Lee"

In memory of Terry Clements, guitarist (1947-2011)
      Gordon Lightfoot - "Carefree Highway"

In memory of Loy Clingman, singer/guitarist (1923-2011)
      Loy Clingman - "Rockin' Down Mexico Way"

In memory of Willie Davis, singer (1932-2011)
      The Jacks - "Why Don't You Write Me"

In memory of Beau Dollar, singer/drummer (1941-2011)
      Beau Dollar - "Who Knows"

In memory of Eddie Serrato, drummer (1945-2011)
      ? & The Mysterians - "Up Side"

In memory of Rick Coonce, drummer (1946-2011) and...
      In memory of Rob Grill, singer/bassist (1943-2011)
      The Grass Roots - "Midnight Confessions"

In memory of Mark Tulin, bassist (1948-2011)
      The Electric Prunes - "Train For Tomorrow"

In memory of Monte Owens, singer/guitarist (1936-2011)
      The Solitaires - "Walking Along"

In memory of Johnny Preston, singer (1939-2011)
      Johnny Preston - "Running Bear"

In memory of Bobby Phillips, singer (193?-2011)
      The Cadillacs - "Gloria"

In memory of Carl Rainge, singer (1936?-2011)
      The Spaniels - "Stormy Weather"

In memory of Bernard Lee, singer (1944-2011)
      The Hues Corporation - "What The World Knows"

In memory of Ronnie Hammond, singer/songwriter (1950-2011)
      Atlanta Rhythm Section - "Doraville"

In memory of Ferlin Husky, singer/guitarist/songwriter (1925-2011)
      Ferlin Husky - "The Drunken Driver"

In memory of Jet Harris, bassist/guitarist (1939-2011)
      The Shadows - "The Frightened City"

In memory of John Doukas, singer (1948?-2011)
      Earth Quake - "Tumbleweed"

In memory of Ralph Mooney, steel guitarist (1928-2011)
      Buck Owens - "Excuse Me (I Think I've Got A Heartache)"

In memory of Ken Arcipowski, singer (194?-2011)
      Randy & The Rainbows - "Denise"

In memory of Ray Herr, guitarist/bassist/singer (1946-2011) and...
      In memory of John Larson, trumpeter (1950-2011)
      The Ides Of March - "Vehicle"

In memory of Richard Patterson, drummer (1944-2011)
      3's A Crowd - "Bird Without Wings"

In memory of Kent Morrill, keyboardist/singer (1941-2011)
      The Wailers - "Out Of Our Tree"

In memory of Joe Pennell, guitarist (1944-2011)
      The Rivieras - "California Sun"

In memory of Tom King, guitarist/songwriter (1942-2010)
      The Outsiders - "Was It Really Real"

In memory of Phoebe Snow, singer/songwriter/guitarist (1950-2011)
      Phoebe Snow - "I Don't Want The Night To End"

In memory of David Mason, trumpeter/brass instrumentalist (1926-2011)
      The Beatles - "Penny Lane"

In memory of Hume Paton, guitarist/songwriter (1945-2011)
      The Poets - "Some Things I Can't Forget"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/356.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/356.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• January 6, 2012 4:06 PM CST
    • Show #356: "R.I.P. 2011, Part 1 of 3"

Every 3 weeks I leave an open slot to do random themes and whatnot.
      This week is my annual "R.I.P." show, where I pay tribute to all the musicians/artists/singers who died in the past year. I will play a track and give a brief bio on each artist featured as a tribute. This is PART ONE of THREE shows. I'll be covering 125 total artists of the 50's, 60's and 70's who died in the year 2011, in a three part show. Tune in tonight and learn about the musicians and singers who died in the first 4 months of 2011, and hear music by bands and artists like: The Humblebums, Yesterday And Today, Spring, the Charlie Daniels Band, The Louvin Brothers, The Marvelettes, John Barry & His Orchestra, Skid Row, ? & The Mysterians, The Grass Roots, The Electric Prunes, Johnny Preston, The Spaniels, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Ferlin Husky, The Shadows, Earth Quake, Randy & The Rainbows, The Ides Of March, The Wailers, The Rivieras, The Outsiders, The Poets, and many many others!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• January 7, 2012 1:35 AM CST
    • Lazy ??? Come on Kopper, we all know here you're probably the hardest working man around !

Besides, I'm sure you know better than anyone that putting podcasts on an i-pod is easy as fuck  1-2-3 ! Just subscribe to GaragePunk Pirate Radio HERE and choose the "add to i-tunes" option.  ;) 

I have a 45-minute lonely drive just to get to work, so I'm pretty glad to turn on GaragePunk Pirate Radio and blow my mind with all those great podcasts (and a few others I confess) before and after my long boring day at work !!!

kopper said:

Yeah, I've got an iPod, too, I guess I'm just too lazy to put all the podcasts on it and bring it with me... especially for just a 15-minute drive to work. I usually just listen to our local community radio station (KDHX) or NPR. :)

• January 6, 2012 8:52 PM CST
    • Loved this article! I'm working on a killer old school punk show right now and it's fun to read about other bands from the same era. 

• January 6, 2012 2:53 PM CST
    • Thank you for posting this. No two songs alike...that's the way it's supposed to be. I love it when the sound is completely unclassifiable.  My father was a garage band and wanted to make it big (this was the late 60s/early 70s), but no dice in STL.  He said people made fun of his Beatle boots and that in the Southside at that time everyone was 10 years behind, all greasers he said.... He had some very interesting stories to tell tho' about the South Side at that time.  Trivia: Connie Vannett recorded The Pussy Cat Song in St. Louis what like 1962 or so....also this very cool movie was filmed in St. Louis & Jefferson City in 1961, The Hoodlum Priest (actually playing at Webster all this weekend):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jqr-y8qaAk

• January 6, 2012 4:40 PM CST
    • Thanks guys.  Google didn't return much and I did comment on the blog post.  Just gotta wait for Dan Electreau to reply.  Cheers! 

• January 6, 2012 3:18 PM CST
    • in 6th grade,in 86/87 a kid named alex moved here from yugoslavia...he had a blue hawk and a leather jacket with subhumans painted on the back....it was all a-ha and gene loves jezebel untill he showed up!

• January 6, 2012 2:18 PM CST
    • Thanks Kopper. I'm looking forward to getting this finally. This kind of communication is why I really like being a member here. 

My band, The Francs, covered a couple Enemies tunes when we recorded last summer. I uploaded them to my page just last week. The songs are Born Leader and She's So Fine. Listen to them when you have a chance. 

Thanks again,

Steve

EDIT: I tried this link last year and it was down. Looks like they fixed it!