Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 6, 2011 3:43 AM CDT
    • true i do like the 3p airline

Sonic Reverends said:

For that kind of money, you could go for a walk on Denmark Street in London and search for a nice vintage guitar. :) Honestly, as far as Fenders go, nothing beats a Standard Telecaster. That bridge pickup will give you fantastic tone. But you could also consider other guitars: Danelectro (dirt-cheap, great looks and wonderful tone), Eastwood (specially the Airline reissues), Italia Guitars and even Epiphone. And don't forget that a huge part of your sound comes from your amp.

• September 5, 2011 6:51 PM CDT
    • a domino guitar 

• September 5, 2011 1:34 PM CDT
    • it depends of how YOU wanna sound and not who you wanna sound like.

• September 5, 2011 1:30 PM CDT
    • For that kind of money, you could go for a walk on Denmark Street in London and search for a nice vintage guitar. :) Honestly, as far as Fenders go, nothing beats a Standard Telecaster. That bridge pickup will give you fantastic tone. But you could also consider other guitars: Danelectro (dirt-cheap, great looks and wonderful tone), Eastwood (specially the Airline reissues), Italia Guitars and even Epiphone. And don't forget that a huge part of your sound comes from your amp.

• September 5, 2011 12:50 PM CDT
    • im 14 and i would like a new guitar for goth infused garage punk ,influences include the gories ,the mummies ,the outsiders ,the sonics ,the horrrors ,the strokes and the standells

my choice is beetween

fender standerd tele for  £409

fender 65 mustang £702

fender 62 jaguar beetween £700-1500

or phantom guitar works vox phantom riessue about £650 plus vat ,import tax and shipping

• September 5, 2011 11:07 PM CDT
    • Coloursound Tonebender is my fave. They are hard to find though, and quite expensive.That is what we used in The Fuzztones.

• September 5, 2011 5:11 PM CDT
    • maybe BRMC can help your problem :)

• September 5, 2011 4:17 PM CDT
    • Sonics

thee Oh Sees

Chain and the Gang

Lucrecia Dalt

les Hoquets

Adamo

Baby Fire and Keiki

• September 5, 2011 12:40 PM CDT
    • I saw the Jetty Boys not too long ago.

• September 5, 2011 7:48 AM CDT
    • Oh, hell no. I hadn't heard of Pokey Lafarge before either, but damn is he good. So is the side band Rm Drum Ramblers.

• September 4, 2011 8:29 PM CDT
    • Great vidoes - I just saw Pokey Lafarge and Ramblin Jack Elliott. I don't get out nearly as much I probably should

• September 4, 2011 9:43 AM CDT
    • 3 great bands, a great dj and loads of beer. people told me i had a lot of fun...

• September 5, 2011 2:31 PM CDT
    • Doctor Ross and Juke Boy Bonner are good, though I dont think they play drums

Ty Segall did some cool one man band shows too

• September 5, 2011 11:23 AM CDT
    • Hi Sleazy!

I'm so glad to hear it!!! I'll do a search online to see if I can view some of the art she's doing.

Luv,

Zane
      sleazy said:

Niagara remains kick ass :):):)

• September 5, 2011 11:20 AM CDT
    • Hi K K,

Thanks so much for the lowdown on the Detroit area and Bookies. In the 80's the company I worked for in Pittsburgh had me working in our offices on John R Road ( I think that's the name of the road??) and I stayed at a motel in Sterling Heights for a really long time!! I love Detroit but have only been there since to see bands and take the occasional jaunt into Canada.

I used to live/hang out in El Aye in the 70's and 80's K.K. and Trudi were part of the crowd that made up a really cool scene then. By the time the 90's came along it was kinda hard to find anything worthwhile to really bother with so I stopped going to El Aye. I'm glad I was there when it was not just "happenin" but actully FUN.

So tell me more about the bands you play in?

Luv,

Zane

• September 5, 2011 11:14 AM CDT
    • I know the comic that made that video. We all thought it was super funny. Truth is though, there is so much to do here and so much going on.. in the music and art scenes here... there are not enough days in the week. Not to mention the cost of living and how accessible everything is. It's awesome here. All the touring bands who play here love it too. I can't stand when people bag on Cleveland. It's so completely underrated. I hope it stays that way .. I also love how real and unpretentious our music scene is.

• September 5, 2011 11:10 AM CDT
    • Cleveland is great. For many reasons.

Whatever, trashman. :-P

• September 5, 2011 11:06 AM CDT
    • oh thanks for adding that link Recordgrooves. 

Oops Kooper,I figured everyone knew about it. (Plus you know I'm very low-tech..! lol)

• September 5, 2011 10:59 AM CDT
    • Um, where is it? Who's playing? You might wanna include a little more info... links and whatnot.

• September 5, 2011 10:57 AM CDT
    • Anyone going? Just reserved cabins with a few of my girlfriends ..from Cleveland. Great line up of bands and activities. Super excited for this trip. This will definitely give me something to look forward to over the winter.

• September 5, 2011 9:00 AM CDT
    • Here are a few pics to help you visualize this Garage Punk "mystery" :

-First, here's the tracklisting for volume 3 as written on the back cover :

Great, isn't it ?

-Now, enjoy the cool tracklisting as listed on the back of volume 4 :

(Sorry, I was pretty drunk when I snapped those pictures...)

Cool uh ?

Now enjoy the labels...

-Volume 3 :

Man, I love this comp !!!

- And now (roll of drums), here's the joke : look out for volume 4 !!!

How groovy, isn't it ?!?

Same tracklisting as volume 3 !!!

Once again, the actual tunes you hear when you play this volume 4 are the ones listed on the label (same as volume 3), not the ones listed on the back sleeve !!!

Any erudite lights on this, punks ???

I'm waiting... ;)

Cheers !!!

• September 5, 2011 8:28 AM CDT
    • looking for a ride from south east tenn to  memphis and back will give gas money

• September 4, 2011 1:34 AM CDT
    • you use to be in the fuzztones yeah? do you have any cool phantoms you can post pics of in here?

John Carlucci said:

Hey, you look familiar to me!

• September 4, 2011 1:30 AM CDT
    • here is the vox phantom i picked up yesterday