Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 1, 2011 4:15 AM CDT
    • The Gories

ok i think i know the setups,

dan: '64 fender jaguar into a vox ac30,

mick: nameless '60s japanese guitar into a silvertone amp,

if you can improve correct or add to this or know any lyrics, chords and tabs for the lead parts please comment. ta :)

• September 1, 2011 4:10 AM CDT
    • yeah it just annoys me ,im 14 and english so all the good stuff is eithe too expensive or in america

• August 31, 2011 7:57 PM CDT
    • If you're talking about the vintage boom of the early 2000's then I have one word for you; greed.

• August 31, 2011 6:59 PM CDT
    •  

Cheaper in the 60's and 80's?!.. I beg to differ!

• August 31, 2011 1:36 PM CDT
    • Probably, Kurt Cobain and Jack White!

• August 31, 2011 11:25 AM CDT
    • Um, inflation?

• September 1, 2011 3:00 AM CDT
    • GRACE POTTER & THE NOCTURNALS:)

• August 31, 2011 10:06 PM CDT
    • Does anyone remember you am i?

• August 31, 2011 11:25 PM CDT
    • There are a lot of options over at Amazon and some pretty unbelievable prices as well!

Amazon search

kopper said:

I think they did, but I misspoke (that'll teach me to post again from work before going home to check the actual disc!); my copy is copyright 1993 Slash Records. Manufactured and marketed by PolyGram, blah blah blah, but on the spine it says Slash/London and the London logo is on it, too. So your guess is as good as mine.

Mardy Pune said:

Love this album to bits!

I've got two copies, greedy huh?

Rhino did a reissue on CD? I'll have to track that down!

• August 31, 2011 10:15 PM CDT
    • I think they did, but I misspoke (that'll teach me to post again from work before going home to check the actual disc!); my copy is copyright 1993 Slash Records. Manufactured and marketed by PolyGram, blah blah blah, but on the spine it says Slash/London and the London logo is on it, too. So your guess is as good as mine.

Mardy Pune said:

Love this album to bits!

• August 31, 2011 6:00 PM CDT
    • Love this album to bits!

• August 31, 2011 5:20 PM CDT
    • Funny you should mention this album... it was released 30 years ago TODAY! One of the best ever.

As for the Munster repress, I've no idea. Sorry! I have the Rhino/WEA reissue on CD and it sounds great. ;)

• August 31, 2011 3:54 PM CDT
    • my copy is totally worn.... so, I gotta find me a new one. there's a repress on Munster from '03, anybody over here familiar with that release? does it sound good? I mean GOOD!

• August 31, 2011 11:23 PM CDT
    • I haven't seen this film in probably 25 years, and I'm dying to see it again. Anyone know where I can get a good quality copy of it on DVD?

• August 31, 2011 6:50 PM CDT
    • Peavey Classics are good value, and I've used my Classic 20 a whole bunch through the years, but the Laney Lionhearts are a step up soundwise, and build-quality is significantly better (just "smoked" my Classic!)... also featured on the Laneys is a great spring-reverb.

• August 31, 2011 3:57 PM CDT
    • I'd rather give props to the One Way Streets from Zanesville (close to Columbus), but I thought I could get a laugh out of you Mike

• August 31, 2011 3:22 PM CDT
    • LOL!!!  I've actually knew a girl from Detroit who thought Pittsburgh was a huge step up from her home town.  And I love that Scooby Do reference.

Football rivalries aside, Pittsburgh and Cleveland are stuck in the same boat...two rust belt cities who've both lost a lot of manufacturing jobs over the years, and we're both still trying (desperately) to reinvent ourselves.  Pretty sad.

kopper said:

Can't embed the 2nd one, but it's here if you wanna see it, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

• August 31, 2011 2:15 PM CDT
    • LOL!  Hey, I've been to Cleveland, and I don't have any serious problems with it.  Keep in mind that I'm from Pittsburgh, but then again I'm not the sort of "yinzer" who lives for nothing but football.  Keep in mind that the Dead Boys are from Cleveland.

trashman said:

All the little kids growing up in the skids are going:

Cleveland Sucks.....Cleveland Sucks.....Cleveland Sucks, Cleveland Sucks. (come on sing it with me)

• August 31, 2011 3:25 PM CDT
    • Thanks Kopper, I will...

• August 31, 2011 3:24 PM CDT
    • Found the trailer on YouBoob, for what it's worth...

Looks cool. Let us know if you find it!

• August 31, 2011 12:59 PM CDT
    • It huts indeed.

enz

• August 31, 2011 12:49 PM CDT
    • Oh, and Kopper.

• August 31, 2011 11:27 AM CDT
    • The holy trinity- Greg, Jack, & Eric. Even though I see the argument for Jack White, he was influenced by The Oblivians and even bought his guitar from Jack Oblivian. Then there's the personal preference of mine for The Reigning Sound and Goner Records. Not to knock The White Stripes, but a lot of the bands they influenced sound more like indie rock with a few blues riffs. The bands on Goner and influenced by Greg Cartwright sound closer to the real deal for me while somehow still sounding modern and relevant.

• August 31, 2011 12:36 PM CDT
    • Burns Cobra and a Vox combo that I played on vacation.  You can't keep from playing Shadows licks:

Burns Cobra and a Vox combo