Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 1, 2011 5:40 PM CDT
    • Thanks for letting me know:)

Bryan Chapman said:

Both Ian Hunter and Michael Monroe play a fair selection of tunes from previous bands if the recent boots are anything to go by. Monroe's band sound awesome.

• September 1, 2011 4:15 PM CDT
    • Both Ian Hunter and Michael Monroe play a fair selection of tunes from previous bands if the recent boots are anything to go by. Monroe's band sound awesome.

• September 1, 2011 3:52 PM CDT
    • ian Hunter ....hahaha...wife wouldnt let me name any of my kids ian or hunter...so I named my podcast after him..or them..whatever...brilliant...just brilliant

• September 1, 2011 1:28 PM CDT
    • Yeah I'd like to see him do a follow up.

We flew over from ireland for the Mott reuinion gigs - brilliant stuff so it was!

• September 1, 2011 12:29 PM CDT
    • I have that book. It was very good.

phil hope said:

I too am a big fan of Hunter I reckon he has written some of the best songs about rock n roll ever.

If you get chance grab a copy of his book diary of a rock n roll star its a great read.

• September 1, 2011 12:06 PM CDT
    • I too am a big fan of Hunter I reckon he has written some of the best songs about rock n roll ever.

If you get chance grab a copy of his book diary of a rock n roll star its a great read.

• September 1, 2011 10:35 AM CDT
    • Check his tour schedule.  He may be coming to your town, or at least to one close enough to drive to.

Scott "Deluxe" Drake said:

I'm a big fan of Ian Hunter and Mott the Hoople...AND I like Cleveland.

But I live in Portland, OR so I won't be at the show.

Carry on....

• September 1, 2011 10:34 AM CDT
    • Columbus is the home town of one of my all time favorite bands, Manda and the Marbles:)

trashman said:

I'd rather give props to the One Way Streets from Zanesville (close to Columbus), but I thought I could get a laugh out of you Mike

• September 1, 2011 10:31 AM CDT
    • I'm a big fan of Ian Hunter and Mott the Hoople...AND I like Cleveland.

But I live in Portland, OR so I won't be at the show.

Carry on....

• September 1, 2011 5:12 PM CDT
    • I think it's closer to a 50/50 split, rather than one or the other.

• September 1, 2011 3:05 PM CDT
    • British Glam

• September 1, 2011 2:42 PM CDT
    • Thanks for the replies, Gents. I'm thinking that The Pistols were definitely inspired by The Ramones, but the more Sweet I listen to, well, it's like the guitar style is pure Pistols or rather, reverse that......

• September 1, 2011 2:28 PM CDT
    • I think it was the Ramones and it might be documented in "End of the Century"

• September 1, 2011 1:10 PM CDT
    • As much as people would like to believe that the Ramones kickstarted a whole movement when they played the Roundhouse in 1976,  I think British Glam was more an influence on the Pistols than anything American except maybe a few like the New York Dolls and the Modern Lovers.  British Mod played a big part in their sound as well.

• September 1, 2011 11:53 AM CDT
    • Were The Pistols Influenced More By American Punk Or British Glam?

• September 1, 2011 3:28 PM CDT
    • the rock is coming back believe me son

• September 1, 2011 7:26 AM CDT
    • Oh, Okay... you're referring to vintage stuff.

Well first of all, in the 60's it was new – not vintage, but certainly not cheap... and nowadays, equipment from the 80's is considered vintage :)... so the surviving axes/amps (they haven't exactly multiplied) from the 60's are actually halfway antiques. I guess prices will reflect that.

• September 1, 2011 3:27 PM CDT
    • great record..

• September 1, 2011 2:53 PM CDT
    • Yeah I have it on New Rose CD

• September 1, 2011 2:30 PM CDT
    • I prefer Miami and The Las Vegas Story, but this album is still a great The Gun Club album.

Does anybody know why this album has different covers?

• September 1, 2011 7:11 AM CDT
    • I have the original Ruby release. Worn to shit from playing constantly! I luv that record.

• September 1, 2011 3:19 PM CDT
    • ahh also that.. " This is the song where you use the cowbell asshole" fuckers..

• September 1, 2011 12:45 PM CDT
    • nameless 6ts japanese guitar...most probably a teisco...

• September 1, 2011 4:23 AM CDT
    • any one got any info on their gear?

i know guitars include a framus apollo in the early days and since then include a vox phantom and occasionaly a fender jaguar but what about amps, pedals, keys?

also any chords, tabs or lyrics (what a way to die would be much appreciated)