-the Ghastly ones

-Speedball jr (B)

from the past:

-DD and his deltones

-the Lively ones

-Ventures

Mahalos

• August 26, 2011 9:03 PM CDT
    • GG King Esoteric Lore on Scavanger Of Death Records. Hands down.

• August 26, 2011 8:55 PM CDT
    • The GFS pickups are great! I've installed a ton of them without any complaints.

dublÉ said:

Congratulations!.. Schecters are great value!  But are you sure you really need to "upgrade" the pups?.. Was considering changing the DDes. humbuckers on my Schecter Corsair, but found out my money was best wasted elsewhere.

A mix of tron and hb for neck and bridge sounds ideal by the way, a hbs in neck position can get excessively "dark" and muddied if you ask me... I have no experience with Filtertrons, but – like you – imagine them to be in the P90 neighborhood... which is an ecellent place to be!

Anyway, if you want to try out different options, you should try out GFS pups (on Ebay)... They do all sorts of clones and crossbreeds, and sound great (have a couple of their P90's in a cheap Epi, which rival the one in my SG jnr.)... and don't be fooled by the price, cause they're dirt cheap!

(e)

• August 26, 2011 2:05 PM CDT
    • ps i agree p-90s rock ,ilove the les paul jr

• August 26, 2011 2:04 PM CDT
    • if you alter your amp to have a bit less bass and more treble then your humbuckers will be fine

• August 26, 2011 7:52 PM CDT
    • Fred Cole

The Wailers

Chesterfield Kings

Chocolate Watchband

The Priests

Spaceman 3

Hawkwind

T Rex

The Kinks

The Cramps

Rudi Protudi

The Standells

Lenny Kays

Greg Shaw

Pebbles Series

Back From The Grave Series

Nuggets

Boulders Series

Norton Records

The Lyres

Plasticland

• August 26, 2011 7:15 PM CDT
    • I suggest to stay punk and destroy any hall of fame and turn it into a hall of shame.

• August 26, 2011 7:06 PM CDT
    • I totally agree with the above mentioned Billy Childish, Link Wray, The Stooges and MC5.  How about The Flaming Stars?  How super cool are they?

• August 26, 2011 9:52 AM CDT
    • Greg Shaw (R.I.P.) for his inspiration and spirit.  Also, there is a thing about putting NEW bands in a "Hall of Fame".  maybe there should be a rule like 10 or 20 years have to pass.

• August 26, 2011 8:42 AM CDT
    • The Sonics
      The Wailers
      The Mummies
      The Oblivians
      The Gories
      The Kingsmen
      The Trashmen

• August 26, 2011 5:12 PM CDT
    • Show #338: "Bands & Artists Starting With F, Part 5"

Every 3 weeks I do a show where I randomly draw a letter from the alphabet. Then I play all bands & artists in my collection from the 50s, 60s and 70s that start with that letter in alphabetical order. This week I drew the letter "F". This is the fifth time I've drawn the letter "F", so I will start from where I left off (which was with The Firing Squad). So, tune in tonight (Friday at 10:00pm EST) to hear 3 hours of bands and artists that start with "F" like: The 1st Century, First Crow To The Moon, The First Edition, 1st National Band, Wild Man Fischer, Sonny Fisher, Miss Toni Fisher, 3 different bands called The "Five", The Five Americans, Five By Five, The Five Canadians, The 5¢ Stamp, Five Day Rain, Five Day Week Straw People, The Five Discs, The Five Emprees, Les 5 Gentlemen, The Five Keys, Five Man Electrical Band, The Five Satins, The Five Shy, The Five Sounds, Five Steps Beyond, Five's Company and many many more!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live, listen to past shows, view playlists, etc…check out my website: eggmanrulez.com/ or wscafm.org Friday nights at 10pm EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• August 26, 2011 3:51 PM CDT
    • One of my favorite Stray Cats tunes with violent content!

• August 26, 2011 2:59 PM CDT
    • the title screams little richard to me

but google say haley an the comets

• August 26, 2011 2:57 PM CDT
    • im kinda wimpy i use ernie ball super slinky 9-42's caus my soloing style is very rudimentery and 50s/60s influenced and uses a lot of  half and full tone bends and unison bends and i just cant do that on any thing thicker ,that said my avon has a 10 for the high string as the 9 in the pack was broken

• August 26, 2011 2:45 PM CDT
    • There is the biggest problem. There are just not a lot of dealers out there for Eastwood. Most of their business is done direct.

• August 26, 2011 2:17 PM CDT
    • i like the look of a couple of there models id love to find a stockist near me and try some

• August 26, 2011 2:29 PM CDT
    • i got some crap:

guitars

avon sg copy ,made in the mid 60s i belive .a previous owner fitted a single coil in the neck position and added a schaller single coil in the middle positio which is great

amplification

vox vt20+ ,not very garage ,its a moddeling amp set to model a tweed fender twin with reasable doses of fuzz and reverb or ocasionally a 59 bassman with heavy reverb and some liberal tremolo for my own brand of dark twisted surf trash

• August 26, 2011 2:09 PM CDT
    • im looking into one too the trem looks decent from what ive seen and the looks pretty nice ,can i get it in white or black ?

• August 26, 2011 1:26 PM CDT
    • Available now at givememyxxx.com

1. Lone Wolf- "Honky Tonk Carnie"
      2. Powder Mill- "Devil in New Orleans" (exclusive to comp)
      3. Joecephus & the George Jonestown Massacre- "Quittin' Time"
      4. Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit- "Codeine"
      5. The Imperial Rooster- "I Like the Way"
      6. Joey Allcorn- "Whatever Kills Me First" (exclusive to comp)
      7. Jonny Corndawg- "Chevy Beretta" (exclusive to comp)
      8. John Carter Cash- "Santa Monica"
      9. Black Oak Arkansas- "Sweet Delta Water" (exclusive to comp and first recording since 1999 from a legendary band)
      10. Honky Tonky Hustlas- "Down and Out"
      11. Roger Alan Wade- "Canteen Full of Dreams" (exclusive to comp)
      12. Whitey Morgan & the 78's- "I Ain't Drunk"
      13. North Mississippi Allstars- "Hear the Hills"
      14. Jerry McGill- "Hootchie Kootchie Man" (exclusive to comp FOR NOW. This is first Jerry McGill song to be released since 1959 when he had a single released on Sun Records. McGill was also known as Curtis Buck and was a roadie for Waylon Jennings, with whom he cowrote "Waymore's Blues." This particular track was recorded in '74 or '75 and features Waylon on guitar, Ritchie Albright on drums, Jim Dickinson on piano, and the Memphis Horns)

We're working on vol. 3 as we speak and there is a really cool surprise there as well.

• August 26, 2011 12:59 PM CDT
    • The ANSWER IS (from the Sonics Live Sound Operator)-

Hi Erik-

You asked the right guy because I built the pedal board that Larry is currently using.
      It all starts with the amp because Larry's sound is based on being able to switch back and forth between ultra clean and distortion.
      The preferred amps these days are:

(1)  Fender "The Twin"  with a master volume

or

(2) a Fender red knob Twin (also has a master volume)

Larry even used a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier head + a Marshall 4x12 recently because the backline company didn't have the right kind of Twin.

If we have the correct amp then the only pedals needed are a tuner, compressor/sustain, a DDL and a volume pedal. If we don't have the right amp, things get more complicated. Then we add a clean boost pedal, a tube screamer and an A/B box so that we can run two amps- one clean, one dirty.

• August 26, 2011 10:57 AM CDT
    • It's not "old" at all. It's a new band! They intentionally recorded it to sound like shit. That's my point.

Johnny sic said:

Sounds like a crappy cassette. It could the only recording left. That said, not sure if its that old.

• August 26, 2011 10:45 AM CDT
    • and listen to pierced arrows, their new band!  just as awesome...

The Rex Arms said:

dead moon were a grunge band from portland.  you can find their 7" in jukeboxes there.