Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 22, 2011 11:24 PM CDT
    • Slingerland Drum kit.......pearlized.  One day.........

• August 22, 2011 11:11 PM CDT
    • I love them!  Their version of I'll go crazy is my all time favorite! "Trick Bag" anyone?  Anyway- had to share.  Who's with me?

• August 22, 2011 10:44 PM CDT
    • I think you've just run into the wrong drummers.....plus, girl drummers are better I say!

• August 22, 2011 10:14 PM CDT
    • Congratulations Kopper, no more shitty radio is what this place means to me.  No small deal, I bring my laptop to work!

• August 22, 2011 10:08 PM CDT
    • Yeaaaaah I've been hanging around the Garage since 2005, great work Kopper.

• August 22, 2011 10:04 PM CDT
    • Congrats and thanks to all of you awesome podcasters!<3

• August 22, 2011 9:56 PM CDT
    • Congrats... its great stuff.

• August 22, 2011 9:31 PM CDT
    • Another anniversary has come and gone seemingly unnoticed here (and completely forgotten by me until now!), and that was the 6th anniversary of the GaragePunk Podcast Network, which debuted on Aug. 14, 2005 with the first episode of Get Drunk & Play Records.

Six years. Amazing.

Congrats to everyone involved!

• August 22, 2011 7:16 PM CDT
    • My Band is covering  The Savages-The world ain't round it's Square. I have been unable to find the definitive lyrics. Does anyone know where I might find them?

• August 22, 2011 6:02 PM CDT
    • just finished Mark Evans biography - Dirty Deeds... for those who don't know him, he was the bass player for AC/DC during their peak Bon Scott days... Dirty Deeds, TNT, JailBreak... basically got screwed by the band but this isn't a revenge tome, far from it... a great story, a great look behind the scenes of the early daze of AC/DC - he doesnt hold grudges, just tells it like it was... worth checking out... Australian release thru Allen & Unwin but i do believe it has US release coming up in October

• August 22, 2011 4:15 PM CDT
    • im a garage rocker and no we do not ,i have no money from buying a used guitar strap for a fiver

Jamie said:

Yeah that sounds like an ideal setup, but do garage rockers have money? I think not. :) I guess I'll have to look around quite a bit.

• August 22, 2011 4:05 PM CDT
    • ive heard theres a good copy of this the fuzz brite or sumin sounds wortha a looky loo

The Vagoos said:

mosrite fuzzrite. it's expensive ... but sounds really good!

• August 22, 2011 3:19 PM CDT
    • mosrite fuzzrite. it's expensive ... but sounds really good!

• August 22, 2011 2:55 PM CDT
    • Can't ever go wrong with a Big Muff.

• August 22, 2011 2:50 PM CDT
    • wanted: suggestions for a fuzz pedal for a raw rasping 60's sound ie the sonics the outsiders (on summertime blues)

• August 22, 2011 4:05 PM CDT
    • ace thread!

• August 22, 2011 2:46 PM CDT
    • what fuzz did larry use?

• August 22, 2011 1:44 PM CDT
    • i think i do a pretty kick ass version :)

• August 22, 2011 10:52 AM CDT
    • Interesting! Would you send me his email address please?

Thee Wild Wraith said:

Anyone interested in doing short runs might consider Peter King out of New Zealand. He will do minimum runs of 20. His prices are pretty damned cheap as long as you do a small run (like 100 or less). Most people wouldn't want to do that, but I think it's great. Aside from the normal stuff he also does 5"s, 8"s, square records, triangles and custom shaped stuff. Everything he does is on clear vinyl.

He doesn't have a website, you have to call him or write him a letter for a quote. If anyone is interested I can email you his contact info. There are a few videos of him making records up on youtube, do a search for "peter king vinyl".

I was pretty happy with the records he did for me. They look great. I'd say the sound quality is a little lower than a regular record, but still really good in my opinion. He's a good option for smaller bands, and people interested in weird/novelty vinyl. Also he's just a really friendly and helpful guy.

• August 22, 2011 10:51 AM CDT
    • Anyone know of a cheaper pressing plant than GZ in europe?

• August 22, 2011 10:22 AM CDT
    • "Walking On The Fighting Side of Me" is so brilliantly reactionary that it warrants a mention even if it aint strictly relevant, I know it by George Jones...

Tris Burns said:

i forget the name of the track, somet like Bam Bam Batty Bye Bye - there's nothing shocking about Jamaicans (in general) hating gay people, lest we forget it was our lot who bashed them so heavily over the heads with that piece of crap The Bible that they knew no different, but Buju Banton getting a children's choir to sing the chorus was a stroke of un PC 'genius".

• August 22, 2011 10:19 AM CDT
    • i forget the name of the track, somet like Bam Bam Batty Bye Bye - there's nothing shocking about Jamaicans (in general) hating gay people, lest we forget it was our lot who bashed them so heavily over the heads with that piece of crap The Bible that they knew no different, but Buju Banton getting a children's choir to sing the chorus was a stroke of un PC 'genius".