Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 21, 2011 8:44 PM CDT
    • My favorite apologists song is "Guilty of Being White" by Minor Threat. Ian Mackaye regrets this song and regretted it even more when Slayer covered it and ended the song with ".... guilty of being right!".

• August 21, 2011 2:13 PM CDT
    • In Spazz its actually refering to someone being off their tits on drugs and not being in control, not the best comparison to make.

as for the 4skins they werent a racist band but political. they played anti-nazi rallys and, if I remember correctly, the red wedge labour supporting tours.

• August 21, 2011 8:49 AM CDT
    • Back in the '60s cowboy singer Rex Allen had a weird hit called "Son Don't Go Near the Indians," It's about a guy who keeps warning his son to avoid the local Native Americans, even though he seems naturally attracted to their ways. Turns out the old man wasn't really a racist, Back when the whites and the Indians "weren't gettin' along" the Indians scalped the guy's first son, so he stole the chief's son to get even. And it turns out the chief's beautiful daughter, who the boy inevitably falls in love with, is HIS SISTER!!!!!!!!! So it's really an anti-incest song.

• August 21, 2011 8:00 AM CDT
    • There's a lot of tongue-in-cheek politically incorrect songs by Mojo Nixon like "are you drinkin' with me Jesus?" but the best... or worst... would have to be the album Prairie Home Invasion with Jello Biafra!

I also recently came across Ray Stevens and his novelty "Ahab the Arab," really harmless but presses PC envelope by today's standards!

• August 21, 2011 3:58 AM CDT
    • How about ,'Sit on my Face, Stevie Nicks' by The Rotters  and Rites 4 Whites by The Corpse Grinders. Think they would fit the bill.

• August 20, 2011 4:16 PM CDT
    • I agree with Under my Thumb, rolling stones and "Little T and A", also what about "You Can't Do That" the beatles

• August 20, 2011 1:28 AM CDT
    • I do remember a song from when I was about 13, by a band called Dave and the Deros called "Nice Legs, Shame About the Face".

What about any song by the 4skins or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• August 19, 2011 3:41 PM CDT
    • Ah I didn't know that, I was wondering what the song was about and thinking it was a bit harsh from a fairly liberal band. But then again Homo-sexual by Angry Samoans isn't all it seems on paper either is it? I mean they aren't singing about hating gays but something else. And Rootin Tootin is definately not about the singer I hope, and so I guess like most punk songs isn't really that controversial either when the people are in on the joke.

Tris Burns said:

good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

• August 21, 2011 8:39 PM CDT
    • Not a favorite bu t Las Kellies from Argentina are becoming favorites fast

• August 21, 2011 5:15 PM CDT
    • I'm pleasantly surprised this thread is still going strong.

• August 21, 2011 9:32 AM CDT
    • River City Tanlines 

Okmoniks

Vivian Girls

Hot Cha Cha

Shannon and the Clams

The Ettes

Heavy Cream

Coathangers

Wax Idols

• August 21, 2011 4:05 AM CDT
    • Hey, I like YYY's too. Karen O is a spectacular lead. Their first album definately has a "garage" influence even if their sound gets more polished later.

Boopa said:

Please don't judge me, but I really like the Yeah Yeah Yeah's... They have this really cool vibe and of course, the amazing vocals of Karen O. They've got plenty of good records that prove their greatness.

And of course, can't forget about Janis Joplin. Good vocals, lyrical content and of course, good music in overall.

• August 20, 2011 4:34 PM CDT
    • Red Aunts

Bobbyteens

Spastics

No Talents

Teenage Jesus and the Jerks

too many to name...

-erika

• August 21, 2011 3:10 PM CDT
    • New Bomb Turks "Sucker Punch"

• August 20, 2011 8:13 PM CDT
    • Thanks for responding to my question about Destroy All Monsters! I'm so glad to hear Niagara is doing well and is still active on the scene. She was SO thin back then we were always waiting for her to just fall over... I haven't been to Detroit in years but I always loved it. I know it's kinda farfetched but the club "Bookies" wouldn't happen to still be there would it? Also, do you live in Detroit or somewhere else? I only ask because of your name KK. Just thought you might be the K.K. of Trudi and K.K......

• August 20, 2011 4:01 PM CDT
    • I'd love to know where I could get this Sonics "8" album recorded last year myself! Never heard of that before...

• August 20, 2011 1:41 PM CDT
    • After listening to the whole record, it certainly has it's moments, but it veers into bar band mentality on a few songs...stick to the tried and true Sonics records.

• August 20, 2011 12:39 PM CDT
    • To add to the confusion, I've got an LP that's not on the above list, but could be some variation thereof....

The Sonics!  Sinderella    1980 Bomb Records...Canadian pressing distributed by Rio Records, Toronto

Basically this LP is Gerry Roslie on vocals insanity (that's what it says on the back) and keyboards backed by a combo called The Invaders.

Here's the track listing: He's Waitin', Shot Down, Tallahassee Lassie, Let Me Pass, Leavin' Here, Boss Hoss, Up To The Junction, Louie Louie, Sinderella, Turn-on-Song, Open Up Yer Door and Pastrami Party.

I hadn't played this in years as it's not on par with the 60's releases, but listening to it now, it's not that bad. In fact it's pretty good!

• August 20, 2011 9:27 AM CDT
    • I love the Hagstrom bass!! I want an 8 string Hagstrom bass!

Bald Bill & His One Man Band said:

The '66 Decca DMI-203 guitar I got free from Craigslist last month. It was in rough shape but I cleaned it up, cleaned out the pots, and gave it a set up. It sounds splendid.

The bass guitar is a '71 Hagstrom HIIBN I got free from my friend's dad with a hardcase. It was given to him by a relative who played in a bar band. Again, this guitar was in rough shape. The finish on the neck was in really bad shape & there was a ground wire coming out from under the pick guard to the bridge. I replaced the pots, fixed the ground wire, sanded the neck, cleaned it, and gave it a set up.

The Shure VA-300 mixer I got free from my same friend's father. I use this for micing instruments when recording to get a lo-fi sound. I really like the crappy reverb sound from this unit.

The amp I made from a stereo console. I seen a RCA Victor console out for trash while biking so I went home, got my car, and stuffed it in the back seat. It was a basic unit with just a turntable. The turntable was in bad shape so I took the amp and speakers out of it and made an amp with it. The amp cabinet I made from the lid of the console & I used the rest of the console as a box for my bbq supplies/ tools. The RCA tubes appear to be original. The amp isn't very loud but it is good for the living room. 

Billy

• August 20, 2011 2:05 AM CDT
    • Show #337: "The 100th Eggman Collection Special: The Top 100 Of The First 100, Part 3" playlist:

The Millennium - "Prelude/To Claudia On Thursday"
      The Damnation Of Adam Blessing - "Painter"
      The Easybeats - "I'll Make You Happy"
      The Mission - "Gailing Made It"
      The Savage Rose - "Travelin'"
      King Crimson - "Larks' Tongues In BTW, I am a dumbass!, Part One"
      Traffic Sound - "America"
      Eric Burdon & The Animals - "Poem By The Sea"
      The Fourth Way - "The Far Side Of Your Moon"
      Lard Free - "Warinobaril"
      Triumvirat - "E Minor 5/9 Minor /5"
      Masters Apprentices - "Love Is"
      The Blossom Toes - "Peace Loving Man"
      Fairfield Parlour - "Bordeaux Rose"
      Raspberries - "I Saw The Light"
      Stackridge - "Happy In The Lord"
      Black Sabbath - "Supernaut"
      Steve Hackett - "Shadow Of The Hierophant"
      A Group Called Eve - "Within A World Of You"
      The Beatles - "Strawberry Fields Forever"
      Kingdom Come - "Creep/Creation/Gypsy Escape"
      Pink Floyd - "Astronomy Domine"
      Tangerine Dream - "Ultima Thule Part 1"
      The Cryan' Shames - "The Sailing Ship"
      Caravan - "And I Wish I Were Stoned/Don't Worry"
      Canterbury Fair - "Acid"
      The Idle Race - "Please No More Sad Songs"
      The Mandrake Memorial - "Other Side/Last Number"
      The Zombies - "Hung Up On A Dream"
      Bob Dylan - "I Want You"
      The Association - "Everything That Touches You"
      The Gremlins - "The Only Thing On My Mind"
      Le Orme - "Summer Coming"
      We All Together - "Symbolic Queen"
      Fickle Pickle - "Saturday"
      The Factory - "Try A Little Sunshine"
      Quintessence - "Midnight Mode"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/337.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/337.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live, listen to past shows, view playlists, etc…check out my website: http://eggmanrulez.com/ or wscafm.org Friday nights at 10pm EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• August 19, 2011 5:05 PM CDT
    • lol that's a good idea but here rock is a really hard stuff

• August 19, 2011 3:06 PM CDT
    • haha .. well France here I come!!.. Nah I have to learn french.....

• August 19, 2011 3:31 PM CDT
    • A few weeks ago I got their new vinyl EP. Beside the fact that it's a nice material and that vinyl is pleasure for sense of touch, i also dig the songs. Anyone listened to it ? What's your opinion ?

• August 19, 2011 3:01 PM CDT
    • the show opened on my computer with Mama Rosin !! coincidence or someone watchin' me ?!

nice spam.