Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• August 19, 2011 2:56 PM CDT
    • I'm a drummer (french) here it's exactly the same ... about the bassists ^^

• August 19, 2011 12:31 PM CDT
    • Most of your rocknrollers probably recognise this problem with drummers. I'm talking about this dudes who don't show up to band practice/jam and suddendly if your band is working well they show up just for practice songs they already know just to be tight for the gig. I have been with that kind of drummers all my fucking live. Execpt one who was very into it to write with us songs and be real part of the group (the only problem was he couldn't kept pace). 

I'm in a band for the jam. We're trying to make oldschool psych rock that is 90 % jam and improvisation.

Maybe I live in too small area ( I get it when psychedelic gets too unavailable for some people)

Gaddanmit drummers make me go crazy......

• August 19, 2011 2:35 PM CDT
    • so is "Introducing" the same as "Sonics" from '77, or is that the Jerden Years thing? and is "Fire and Ice" any good?

and what about the NEW album????

• August 18, 2011 7:22 PM CDT
    • sorry, maybe i didn't make that clear.

HAS ANYONE EVER HEARD THOSE THREE ALBUMS AND ARE THEY ANY GOOD? WHAT SONGS ARE ON 'EM, WHERE CAN I GET 'EM/HEAR 'EM, ETC.?

gracias.

Mina said:

What was the question?

• August 18, 2011 2:24 PM CDT
    • Apparently Mina doesn't know, either, Teenfink.

• August 18, 2011 12:14 PM CDT
    • so today i was kinda poking around on the "All Music Guide" and i happened upon the Sonics page there. decided to click on the "discography" tab and saw that they supposedly had three albums after their great classic '60s stuff, two in the 1970s and one in the '80s:

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/the-sonics-p5475/discography

• "Explosives" from 1974
      • "Sonics" from 1977
      • "Fire and Ice" from 1983

none of them are rated very well and there's no further info (like a review or tracklist) on any of them, nor are they even mentioned in the bio section. i've never even heard of them before and i consider myself a pretty big fan! so what's up with these? has anyone heard 'em before? any info appreciated!

the bio also says:

In 2010, the Sonics went into the studio with producer Jack Endino to record their first new material since the '60s; the EP, entitled 8, also saw Andy Parypa rejoining his brother Larry, Roslie, Lind, and Johnson to record four new songs, with four live tracks rounding out the release.

has anyone heard that new one too?

TF

• August 19, 2011 1:50 PM CDT
    • Show #337: "The 100th Eggman Collection Special: The Top 100 Of The First 100, Part 3"

Every 3 weeks I leave an open slot to do random themes and whatnot. This week I am celebrating the 100th Eggman Collection show on The Metaphysical Circus. If you've heard my show before, you probably already know that every three weeks I do a special series called The Eggman Collection, which is a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked for the past 20 years of my life. 15,000 songs in a big mixing bowl that I randomly draw out one by one and play in no particular order. If I like it, I play it, with no repeats of the same song ever. The last Eggman Collection show was the 100th installment, and this week I'm celebrating with the top 100 of the first 100 shows. I'll be playing all my VERY favorites of the first 100 shows in no particular order in a three week span. Tune in tonight to hear part 3, the last 37 songs of the top 100 by bands & artists like: The Millennium, The Damnation Of Adam Blessing, The Easybeats, The Savage Rose, King Crimson, Traffic Sound, Lard Free, Triumvirat, Masters Apprentices, The Blossom Toes, Stackridge, Black Sabbath, Steve Hackett, The Beatles, Kingdom Come, Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, The Cryan' Shames, Caravan, The Idle Race, The Mandrake Memorial, The Zombies, Bob Dylan, The Gremlins, Le Orme, We All Together, Fickle Pickle, The Factory, Quintessence, and many many more!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live, listen to past shows, view playlists, etc…check out my website: http://eggmanrulez.com/ or wscafm.org Friday nights at 10pm EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• August 19, 2011 12:49 PM CDT
    • I just have to say.. drummers fuck off...

• August 19, 2011 12:46 PM CDT
    • In the Red rules pretty hard. I would say my favorite this year is Goodbye Bread though

• August 17, 2011 12:15 PM CDT
    • Here is the title track from Graveyard's new album Hisingen Blues. Killer!!! It's on a big label (Nuclear Blast), but don't let that fool you, they just have good distribution. My favorite NEW album this year, hands down. 

• August 19, 2011 12:35 PM CDT

• this is da fuzz maid....

• August 19, 2011 11:51 AM CDT
    • There is also a great version of street fighting man by the ramones and walter lure on Down to Kill by The Heartbreakers

• August 19, 2011 11:02 AM CDT
    • couple of rockabilly stompers for you

Cast Iron Arm by Peanuts Wilson

Rumble rock by Kip Tyler

No ones suggested Street Fighting Man by the Rolling Stones 

• August 19, 2011 10:10 AM CDT
    • What does Spazz mean in your country? Just wonderin', 'cause I don't know... Nobody mentioned the Meatmen, so I'll throw that one out there. Oh, and this one's fun:

• August 18, 2011 7:09 PM CDT
    • oh and lest we forget - check out David Allan Coe - Masturbation Blues, Fuckin' In The Butt etc... most explicit cuntry I ever did hear... bless him...

• August 18, 2011 4:20 PM CDT
    • good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

• August 18, 2011 4:12 PM CDT

• Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

• August 18, 2011 11:18 PM CDT
    • I am a Detroit/Ann Arbor rocker, so these are her stomping grounds. From what I gather, she is still doing stuff, but mostly in the visual arts. And, yes, she is apparently still very thin and very pale. You can scope out her latest stuff by doing some simple Googling of Niagra Detroit.

• August 18, 2011 7:43 PM CDT
    • How do you know of Destroy All Monsters and their singer Niagara? I saw them often in the Pittsburgh/Ohio area whenever they played. I was wondering....did she ever gain any weight?

• August 17, 2011 12:27 PM CDT
    • Check to make sure your flash is up to date. It should work for you just like it does for Steve.

joey fuckup said:

Oh wow! Thanks Steve! I tried to embed a player before and it only gave me problems, so I really appreciate this! Hope you liked the show! By the way, I think you're really going to like the next one!