Nervebreakers  My Girlfriend Is A Rock 
      White Wires  I'll Remember You 
      Audacity  Fun Spot 
      Royal Headache  Pity 
      Off!  King Kong Brigade 
      Spider Fever  Don't Let Deth Get In The Way 
      Bloody Hollies  I Dream of Bees 
      Ravonettes  Sinking With The Sun 
      Red Lorry Yellow Lorry  Only Dreaming (Wide Awake) 
      Nomads  Better Off Dead 
      Ace  Alone 
      Harmonica Lewinski  Bikini Beach 
      Electric Mess  The Girl With The Exploding Dress 
      Wild Evel and the Trashbones  Oh Yeah! 
      Pygmies  Don't Care About You 
      Higher State  You Can't Forget About That 
      60 Second Swinger  Lonely & Blue 
      Knyghts of Fuzz  Fleshtones Saved My Life 
      Godfathers  Gone To Texas 

• September 8, 2012 9:32 AM CDT
    • I will be back on the air and the web on Saturday September 8th from 1:00-3:00PM EST.  Listen at 89.7 WITR-FM in Rochester, NY or streaming live at http://witr.rit.edu

• September 8, 2012 6:22 PM CDT
    • That's pretty funny. I briefly had a band going with a female friend who sounded , and even looked , like a female Thunders (Not in an unflattering way...). We have a very good TREX TRIBUTE BAND in Chicago called Futuristic Dragon. They just reformed last year after being away for about 10 years.....in fact , my friend I mentioned was in F.D.'s original lineup. But , as before , a TRex Tribute band , in Chicago, is , unfortunately , like chocolate covered chopped liver. SOMEBODY wants it , good luck finding 'em. For all the hipsters dropping Marc Bolan's name these days , most of them (THINK) they're too cool to see a local band playing his music with sincerity , at least , in Chicago  .   We've also got a good Thunders tribute band called D.T.K. L.A.M.F., comprised of members of The Polkaholics , Iggy Yoakum (Also recently reformed. Only the best Country band in town.) and the late ,great King Vitamin.......They did their first gig one year after Johnny's death. I think they played on the anniversary of his Birthday and ascension say 1n '91 and '92 (As  recall , they played a Bolan tribute show , too.), then, hung it up , until recently . They're playing every few months , now , doing mostly Heartbreakers songs , with a few Dolls and Johnny solo numbers. Sorry for meandering. : )

Jason said:

Thanks. Yeah I love Glam. Trex always puts me in a good mood. I think Prima Donna is alright, there's a group like them kinda.. Dirty Sweet you may want to check out.. they're ok too. There's a really good Johnny Thunders cover band fronted by a girl, I think she looks more like what Johnny was trying to look like than Johnny. They're Chinese Rocks... anyway thanks for the recommendation. 

• September 8, 2012 4:46 PM CDT
    • Thanks. Yeah I love Glam. Trex always puts me in a good mood. I think Prima Donna is alright, there's a group like them kinda.. Dirty Sweet you may want to check out.. they're ok too. There's a really good Johnny Thunders cover band fronted by a girl, I think she looks more like what Johnny was trying to look like than Johnny. They're Chinese Rocks... anyway thanks for the recommendation. 

• September 8, 2012 11:30 AM CDT
    • I'm pretty sure this came out a while ago... I have a vague memory of hearing that the Dirtbombs played the Detroit premiere... According to the website they did a US west coast tour with the film this last winter. They're selling stickers & t-shirts, so hopefully it's a DVD that their putting out by x-mas.

http://www.itcamefromdetroit.com/

This is shaping up to be a good christmas: this movie, new Oblivians, new Reigning Sound, The X-Rays are in the studio, the Mick Collins/Kid Congo/Bob Bert single... man, I need to start savin' up!

• September 8, 2012 7:16 AM CDT
    • i have the sound track

• September 8, 2012 2:59 AM CDT
    • hERE'S THE POSTER:)....

• September 7, 2012 4:20 PM CDT
    • i really wonder if it'll ever come out.

• September 7, 2012 1:53 PM CDT
    • i SAW THE TRAILER ABOUT A YEAR AGO (?) , BUT , LIKE MOST INDEPENDENT FILMS , THEY PROBABLY HAD TO STOP , RAISE SOME MONEY , THEN START UP AGAIN. I KNOW SOME INDIE FILMS THAT TOOK YEARS , AFTER THE ANNOUNCED RELEASED DATE , TO GET BEYOND ONE INITIAL PUBLIC SCREENING , OR TO JUST FINISH THE DAMNED THING. IT COSTS A FORTUNE TO MAKE A FILM THESE DAYS , EVEN ONES THAT LOOK LIKE THEY WERE MADE FOR A GRAND OR LESS. THE ECONOMY IS'NT HELPING , NOT THAT THE ARTS EVER GOT A BIG BOOST AROUND HERE , ANYWAY.....

• September 7, 2012 12:56 PM CDT
    • Yeah, I've never seen it but thought this came out ages ago - weren't the Hentchmen going to be in it?

• September 8, 2012 3:56 AM CDT
    • One band I discovered just farting around on eMusic is The Night Beats. They're a Seattle  group but they owe a lot to the 13th Floor Elevators. A bunch of free tracks at the Free Music Archive http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Night_Beats

Another group I've been enjoying is Help Me Devil, a rockabilly-influenced trio from Spain. Matt Verta-Ray of Heavy Trash produced their debut album (2011). It's got a Hasil Adkins cover, Chicken Walk. (they're on Spotify)

They're not new, but I've a recent convert to The Oh Sees ever since I saw them on a bill with The Gories and Kid Congo Powers. Many free Mp3s at Free Music Archive http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Thee_Oh_Sees/

• September 8, 2012 7:48 AM CDT
    • What a great site, really well done. Nice to know that JP is appreciated 'across the pond' as well. It wasn't until he'd gone that people started to really appreciate what he'd done for music. A few that he championed never showed the gratitude due either. 

• September 8, 2012 3:33 AM CDT
    • I have The Fall's Peel Sessions box set. Excellent stuff. 

Alternative country singer Paul Burch has a cool song called "John Peel" about the man. (Sorry, I can't find it on Spotify or Youtube) My favorite verse is about Peel's vast record collection.

".. had every record ever sent him/ Even the ones he never played/ Said `There's a life there livin' in the groove / and I can feel 'em when I'm walkin' in the room.' " 

• September 7, 2012 1:10 AM CDT
    • Definitely a legend. It was strange , I did a poem that referenced Peel at a show (Benefitting local pirate radio.). The next day , he was hanging out with Gene Vincent  , Jimi Hendrix and Phil Lynott , again. 

• September 8, 2012 7:31 AM CDT
    • Haha! Sorry JB I meant Joe! I wasn't going to buy 'commando' but after reading a review like that I'll have to!

Just bought 'flying saucers rock n roll' JB, is that you in it?

John Battles said:

I THINK YOU MEAN TO SAY THANKS TO JOE? AS IT HAPPENS , WE KNOW EACH OTHER , AND Joe's Fleshtones' book "SWEAT" comes as recommended  as letting HER get on top. Just sayin'.
      Mark George Harrison said:

Thanks a frickin' lot John, another book I now HAVE to buy!

Joe Bonomo said:

• September 7, 2012 7:28 PM CDT
    • I THINK YOU MEAN TO SAY THANKS TO JOE? AS IT HAPPENS , WE KNOW EACH OTHER , AND Joe's Fleshtones' book "SWEAT" comes as recommended  as letting HER get on top. Just sayin'.
      Mark George Harrison said:

Thanks a frickin' lot John, another book I now HAVE to buy!

Joe Bonomo said:

• September 7, 2012 7:23 PM CDT
    • Very good read. As close to a Frat Rock history book as I've encountered. However , too much Grunge , not enough great modern NW bands like Girl Trouble and Dead Moon.

Wipeout! said:

Ah yes, it's almost a crime cuz that very book has been sittin' on my to-read pile fer some time (bought it over a year ago, shame on me) but thanks fer remindin'...lookin' forward to it even more now!

Jersey City Mods said:

We're not aware of an all-encompassing book on the subject, but Peter Blecha's Sonic Boom! is a very detailed, in-depth book on the Northwest scene.  Although it's timeline goes up to grunge, the main emphasis is on 1962-1966.  Learned a lot from it.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Boom-History-Northwest-Rock/dp/0879309466

• September 7, 2012 5:15 PM CDT
    • Playlist Sept 6/2012

1. Cheap Trick....Hello There....from their In Color LP and a great way to start the show!

2. Telephathic Butterflies...A Final Word...from their Introducing CD on Rainbow Quartz.

3. Segarini... Gotta Have Pop...from his 1978 LP of the same name. Bob Segarini, formerly of The Dudes, Wackers etc gets in on the new wave with this powerpop LP.

4. The Fine Print...Get You Alone....from a cassette we released on Record Store Day 2010. Local power poppers who are big fans of The Kinks and The Who.

5. The Fine Print...Haunt You No More...as above.

6. Ultra 5...City Of Fire...from their House'O'Fun CD from around 1990. Drummer Ken Anderson is coming to London with his folk duo, Hungrytown tonight.

7. The Cheshyres...Carry The News....mid 80's demo that also features Ken Anderson. Singer Wayne Pattern moved to London and ended up in The Evil Hoodoos.

8. The Kards...Pipeline...from their Here's The Deal CD and they have their CD release party tonight here in London.

9. Budokan...For Badgeholders Only...from their recent Spin A Little Gold CD.

10. The noble Savages...She's So Serious...live track singer Rufus sent us.

11. Ultimatemost High...1 Of The 2...demo from about a year ago.

12. The Hook Up...Tantrum Girls Deserve To Die...from their Call Up The Devil CD. The Hook Up are in London on Saturday afternoon, 2:30 at Grooves Records.

13. The Hook Up...Driftwood...from their cassette C60 Go! that we released last year.

14. Ralph...I'll Remember...from his Sophisticated Boom Boom CD from 1997. Ralph has a show of his 1977 punk rock photos as the gallery in the train station in Brantford Ontario.

15. Terror Lake...Chitter Chatter...from a recent demo.

16. Laughing Sky...Electric Circus...from their recent Divine CD. NYC psych combo.

17. Walkin' Jacks...Summertime...from their recent Drop Dead CD.

18. Tyranna....Johnny...from their self titled LP on Rave Up Records. Late 70's Toronto punk combo.

19. Riff Randalls...Traitor Of The Heart...from their Doublecross LP i recently picked up at Speed City Records. Support your local record store as they are becoming extinct. Hits'n'Misses in Toronto is closing in a week or so.

20. Eliza and The Strange...Crack...from their self titled debut LP. They've renamed themselve Bloody Diamonds and are coming on Radio WW on Sept 27th.

21. Flamin' Groovies...Can't Explain...from a Skydog 7" from the early 70's.

22. Magic Christian...Let's Shake...recent single on Schizophrenic Records outta Hamilton Ontario.

23. The Damnsells...Legend...from their first 7".

24. Magic Christian...Teenage Head...the flipside of the Let's Shake single played above.

25. Evil Eyes...Good As Gold...from their brand new 7" EP. Outta Toronto.

26. The Raunchettes...Slaughter The Pig...from a 1985 single on Jargon Records outta Rochester NY. All girl punk combo and we sent this out to Rush (Prog trio out of Toronto) who deserve this as they insulted The Runaways back in 1977 when they were in Toronto. Girls can rock harder than Rush as The Runaways proved that night!! There's a hilarious interview with Rush in Beetle, where scribe Robert Village Idiot brings out the 'real' Rush! I'll find the link and post it sometime...And it's all Ryan In The Red's fault for bringing up Rush as he found a live Rush CD in the CHRW new releases and that got me a fuming as i really don't like Rush. To put it mildly....

27. catl...Gotta Thing For You  as we had to fade this one out.

Thanks for all the phone-ins (I can only talk for a minute or 2, cause we're live on the air and i'm a one man show), emails, facebook messages and HEY's...

Back next week with more noise to annoy!

You can catch the archived show at:

http://www.chrwradio.ca/audio/by/title/radio_what_wave

• September 7, 2012 2:50 PM CDT
    • Show #388: "The Eggman Collection #122"

NOTE: Due to an illness in my family which has me a little distracted at the moment, plus working 50-plus hours a week, I will be doing only Eggman Collection specials in the next couple of months until things slow down in the fall. I'm calling it "The Back-To-Back Eggman Collection End Of Summer Super Spectacular Extravaganza!"
      The Eggman Collection is basically a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 122nd installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: Neu!, Sunshine, Hanson, Bob Dylan, The Peep Show, Concrete Rubber Band, Manfred Mann, The Doors, The Vagrants, Raspberries, Queen, NRBQ, Henry Cow, The Fendermen, George Harrison, The McCoys, Small Faces, Lothar & The Hand People, The Byrds, Grateful Dead, and many others!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• September 7, 2012 1:12 PM CDT
    • Great news!

Jarkko Immonen said:

And here we go! I heard back from Greg, and here's a direct quote:

"The Oblivians record is finished and should be out by the end if the year. Reigning Sound album is on the way for next year as well as a new Parting Gifts record!"

IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!! And remember, you heard it first here on Hideout! ;)

• September 7, 2012 12:06 PM CDT
    • Kustom City Sounds

9-7-12

Playlist

Hour One

The Amazing Crowns – Shiverin’ In The Corner

Bloodshot Bill – Lovin’ Honey

Buck Stevens – Bop And Shake

Hot Rod 56 – In My Hot Rod

Thirteen Stars – Mad Men

Larry & The Headliners – Lot A Lovin’

The Milkshakes – Run Chicken

The Meteors – Radioactive Kid

Johnny Waleen – Mystery Train

David Letterman – Ham Giveaway

Dean Carter – I Got A Girl

Ian & The Aztecs – Ain’t That Lovin’ You, Baby

LoveStruck – Whistlebait Baby

The Len Price 3 – If I Ain’t Got You

Mule – I’m Hell

Slug Guts – Suckin’ Down

Sonic Reverends – Have Some Mercy

Swamp Angel – Joyride

Deadbolt – Run, Jeb, Run

Charles Manson

The Noblemen – Dragon Walk

Dusty Mush – Brad Cruise

Hour Two

Ted Nugent & The Amboy Dukes – Maybelline

Hank Ray – In A Whirlpool In Hell

Gaza Strippers – My Car Is

Backyard Babies – Brand New Hate

Mary’s Kids – I Say No

Redd Kross – Uglier

No Bunny – Motorhead  With Me

Jack White – I’m Shakin’

Paul Butterfield Blues Band – Mystery Train

It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World – Taxes

Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – Back Slider

The Rolling Stones – Monkey Man

The Von Bondies – Please Man

Purple Wizard – I’ve Been Wrong

The Groupies – Primitive

Sick Hyenas – Swallow

The Tandoori Knights – Bucketful

The Future Primitives – I’m The Sound

Hoodoo Gurus – Dig It Up

Scarface – Green Card

Screamin’ Jay Hawkins – Frenzy

The Riverboat Gamblers – Dead From The Neck Up

Hour Three

Stampeders – Sweet City Woman

Resistoleros – Rock N Roll Napalm

Nerds – Satan’s Rise

Pretty Things – LSD

Unknown Wombat – The Place

’68 Comeback – Paperboy Blues

Dave Allen & The Arrows – The Stompers & The Souls

Slim Harpo – I’m A King Bee

Geno Washington – Hi-Heel Sneakers

Ike & Tina Turner – Funkier Than A Mosquito’s Tweeter

Diamond Dogs – Just Ain’t Right

New York Dolls – Pills

Johnny Bravo & The Scooby Doo Gang

Tom Jones – She’s A Lady

Boomgates – Bright Idea

Get Lost – Elevator

Rain Parade – Talking In Your Sleep

Organs – Out Of My Head

The Cavestompers – Feelin’ Alive

Defectors – Pretty Baby

The Nine Ton Peanut Smugglers – Bare Our Souls

Hour Four

Six Shot Revival – Gettin’ By

Scott H. Biram – I Want My Mojo Back

The Adventurers – Wallflower

Freddy & The Four Gone Conclusions – Intro

Freddy & The Four Gone Conclusions – Today

The Lyres – Help You Ann

The Lovely Bad Things – Blood On My Moccasins

The Jesus & Mary Chain – Kill Surf City

The Monteasas – Tricky Dicky

Echo & The Bunnymen – Do it Clean

Wild Evel & The Trashbones – Why Can’t We Be

The Black Angels – Bloodhounds On My Trail

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – 666 Conducer

Can – Oh Yeah

Vacation – Moose

Jon Wayne – But I’ve Got Texas

• September 7, 2012 3:12 AM CDT
    • The riff in the second song is pretty much the same as the riff in "Primitive"

The lyrics in "Primitive" include the line "Primitive, THAT'S HOW I LIVE"

Long shot, but maybe "Primitive" is the song you are thinking of.  The original was by The Groupies but there is also a good version by the Cramps.