Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 3, 2012 10:28 AM CDT
    • plus two live videos on YouTube

Nervous Shakes Do you wanna live at Dna

live aux Combustibles in Paris France (great club);

c'mon feel the noize!

• September 3, 2012 10:23 AM CDT
    • Any glam rock fans out there can check us out: NERVOUS SHAKES; Our album is on Ratboy 69's blog and our latest vinyl single is on my GPunk page; That's if you like the Dolls/the Undertones/etc; When I was a kid, I saw the Undertones over here in Brussels and they did Gary Glitter 'Rocknroll part 2' Glam forever; Ivan Hold Her

• September 3, 2012 10:00 AM CDT
    • Does that DVD show Mott back in their prime, or is it from their recent reunion gigs? Either way, I would like to check it out. I saw Ian Hunter in concert last year, and he still has it.

Mottey's Garage said:

Glam is OK by me, I do a glam podcast about once a month or so. And of course, Mott the Hoople, pioneer punks and later glam stars...have a special place in my heart. Just watch the Mott The Hoople DVD that came out last year...and I do recommend it

• September 3, 2012 8:24 AM CDT
    • Glam is OK by me, I do a glam podcast about once a month or so. And of course, Mott the Hoople, pioneer punks and later glam stars...have a special place in my heart. Just watch the Mott The Hoople DVD that came out last year...and I do recommend it

• September 1, 2012 5:10 PM CDT
    • Cool:)

Angel V said:

I love Little Steven & Glam Rock! I will have to check out that band.

• September 1, 2012 4:26 PM CDT
    • I love Little Steven & Glam Rock! I will have to check out that band.

• September 3, 2012 9:43 AM CDT
    • Thanks, Matt! Yeah, just released a few killer '60s 45s-- all garage monsters, authorized with picture sleeves, inserts, remastered sound and bands paid. Check 'em out here if you care: uglypop.bigcartel.com
      As for favourite 45s, the last couple days, it's been The Merry-Go-Round's "You're A Very Lovely Woman" 45. Emitt Rhodes '66.

I've been listening to the new Ugly Pop 45s recently. I tried to start a topic about the label, because they are doing so much interesting stuff lately, but apparently I was denied or it takes a week + to approve such garage rock topics.

Anyway, the new Ugly Pop singles - Bent Wind, A Passing Fancy, and the Northwest Company - All obscure Canadian 60s garage bands that would have fit easily on any of the BFTG comps. Easily my favorite reissues of 2012.

• September 3, 2012 6:13 AM CDT
    • John Battles said:

Wow , great sleeve art. "Kuk" , of course , is a classic. I have the single with the also - classic "Baja" ON THE FLIP.

Yeah, the U.S. release had "Kuk" paired with "Baja" instead of "Surf Party". Both great songs and long time favorites of mine. The U.S. 45 is somewhat infamous in Sweden since "kuk" in Swedish is a strongly vulgar word for penis and "baja" means to empty the bowels, haha.

• September 2, 2012 10:03 AM CDT
    • I've been listening to the new Ugly Pop 45s recently. I tried to start a topic about the label, because they are doing so much interesting stuff lately, but apparently I was denied or it takes a week + to approve such garage rock topics.

Anyway, the new Ugly Pop singles - Bent Wind, A Passing Fancy, and the Northwest Company - All obscure Canadian 60s garage bands that would have fit easily on any of the BFTG comps. Easily my favorite reissues of 2012.

• September 1, 2012 4:16 PM CDT
    • Almost everything put out on estrus

• September 3, 2012 8:09 AM CDT
    • We just pressed our first LP on DMS in the UK, and I can totally recommend them.. they did a great job and they're chep, fast and very thorough.

DMS Vinyl

• September 2, 2012 8:12 PM CDT
    • Okay... i have switched things around a bit. I unscrewed and took off the top board of this contraption. While rummaging through recycled newspapers, I came out with the idea of filling up the hole on the bottom with newspapers to help muffle the sound while  screwing a board to the bottom, which turns the inbox into an actual box... asides from the cutout. Anyway, after miking this up with a delay pedal on a rockabilly setting, things sounded much better with a very bass ended sound. I still have the tamborine clamped on the front.  Anyway, i will make another video in a day or so showing the improvements of this stomp box. 

• September 1, 2012 12:54 PM CDT
    • Thank you KK. I will look up the book and thank you for your words of encouragement.

KK Dirty Money & Las Drogas said:

Good luck, this is a great idea. 

I make a bunch of different home-made instruments, from stringed to percussion. 

I recommend poking around the Cigar Box Nation site. There are thousands of do-it-yourselfers on there and they have made many variations of what you intend to make. 

Also, a great book entitled "Hand Made Music Factory" by M. Orr is a wonderful book that shows you step by step how to make a variety of these instruments from reclaimed/recycled materials.

The web has everything you need. 

But your idea sounds great, have at it. You can always modify it after you build and the trial by error begins. Bottom line: great idea = just do it!

• September 1, 2012 12:52 PM CDT
    • Here is an update. I just posted a video on youtube, which will document what needs to be improved upon. 

Anyway, the drumming is not really bass ended. I need to find better padding, maybe carpet or something. The percussion sounds like somebody shooting a shotgun instead of a bass drum. i also need to add more amplification, but that is a neighborly issue.

Anyway, this is a work in progress and any suggestions to help modify this would be greatly appreciated.

• August 31, 2012 12:19 PM CDT
    • Good luck, this is a great idea. 

I make a bunch of different home-made instruments, from stringed to percussion. 

I recommend poking around the Cigar Box Nation site. There are thousands of do-it-yourselfers on there and they have made many variations of what you intend to make. 

Also, a great book entitled "Hand Made Music Factory" by M. Orr is a wonderful book that shows you step by step how to make a variety of these instruments from reclaimed/recycled materials.

The web has everything you need. 

But your idea sounds great, have at it. You can always modify it after you build and the trial by error begins. Bottom line: great idea = just do it!

• August 30, 2012 8:12 PM CDT
    • Actually it is pretty well built as it is an older one.

G. Wood said:

OK, thanks, I'm getting a picture here. Those inboxes are kind of lightweight, no? Hope you don't rock it to pieces too quick.

• August 30, 2012 7:43 PM CDT
    • OK, thanks, I'm getting a picture here. Those inboxes are kind of lightweight, no? Hope you don't rock it to pieces too quick.

• September 2, 2012 8:03 PM CDT
    • Download or stream the Aug. 31 show right here.

Walking on the Surface of the Moon – Wreckless Eric
      Mr. Moon – Bobby Charles
      Mr. Astronaut – The Drivers
      First Man on the Moon – The Scientists
      Neil Armstrong – The Dexateens
      Nobody Wants to Go to the Moon Anymore – Kelly Willis

Do the Do – T. Valentine
      Love – Hal Hardy
      Wigs, Wigs – King Salami & the Cumberland 3
      Take it Off – Midnight Woolf
      Trouble (Always Comes My Way) – Daddy Long Legs

Blue Heat – The Attention
      You’ve Got Me Dizzy – Jimmy Reed
      Money Talks – James Luther Dickinson
      Let that Liar Pass On By – Rev. A Johnson
      Richman, Richman – ’68 Comeback
      Fire & Brimstone – Link Wray

Local Lunchbox
      First Night Back in Milwaukee – Larry Lee Phillipson
      Work that Skirt – Bo-Keys with Harvey Scales
      Can’t Shake You – The Mistreaters
      The Goon – Bleed

Beat Your Heart Out – Tweens
      Sometimes Good Guys Don’t Wear White – The Zeros
      Destroy All Music – The Weirdos
      Kokomo – The New Surfsiders
      Gonna Make it Alone – Ronnie Dio & the Prophets
      Party Line – The Senders

Why Am I So Flipped – The Nervebreakers
      It's All Over Now – The Prophets
      That Girl's Got a Big Mouth – Thee Fine Lines
      Garza Girls – Audacity
      Groovy Intiutions – Adam Widener

Hot Mess – Shoes
      Holiday – Nines
      Dream Crusher Machine – The Shazam

Mutts in the studio

Come Back Home – The Kaams
      Hurricane Rock – Hurricane Marty
      Right Out the Door – Bloodshot Bill
      How Much Do Wou Miss Me – Harold Montgomery
      Wake Up in Make-Up – The Jam Messengers

No Tengo Dinero – The Fleshtones
      You’re Going to Be My Girl – The Above
      Agent from Osaka – The Exotics
      Time Machine – The Go-Wows
      Hitting on Nothing – Esquerita
      Wrong Way Inn – Los Straitjackets
      The Thing – Dirtbombs
      You Can’t Make Me Doubt My Baby – Bunker Hill
      Wowsville Pt. 1 – Bob Taylor

• September 2, 2012 5:25 PM CDT
    • Yes, I have the whole documentary as all Channel 4 gave me was a normal VHS tape of the show. I had a large party at my house the night it was first shown and taped it off the TV and my copy is better than the one the TV producers sent me! Anyway, I had a friend who also taped it and he sent me a CD which I use to pick parts out of if and when I need them. The program, with the adverts for the channel ran 30 minutes but in all it is about 25 minutes long. I don't think I can upload it complete on Youtube as Channel 4 would probably come down heavy on me. But I may try one day. As for Wreckless Eric, yes he did come down to audition for the early Cannibals, in fact it was just before I changed the name to the Cannibals, sometime around 1976. I was for him to play on but Pete, the other guitarist was against it so I decided to give it a miss. We auditioned the same day Tony Oliver and he wound up being in the Cannibals for a few years.

• September 1, 2012 12:34 PM CDT
    • Show #387: "The Eggman Collection #121" playlist:

Gnidrolog - "Time And Space"
      The Easybeats - "Sorry"
      The Ventures - "Soul Breeze"
      Jan & Dean - "Midsummer Night's Dream"
      Funkadelic - "Be My Beach"
      The Happy Return - "I Thought I Loved Her"
      The Jimi Hendrix Experience - "Red House"
      Beacon Street Union - "Angus Of Aberdeen"
      Gulliver - "A Truly Good Song"
      UFO - "Crystal Light"
      The Human Equation - "Love Shines"
      Van Morrison - "He Ain't Give You None"
      Food - "Forever Is A Dream/Naive Prayers"
      Ron Geesin & Roger Waters - "Chain Of Life/The Womb Bit/Embryo Thought/March Past The Embryos/More Than Seven Dwarfs In Penis-Land/Dance Of The Red Corpuscles"
      Faine Jade - "Introspection"
      Stackridge - "Purple Spaceships Over Yatton"
      Reign Ghost - "Pudsy's Parable"
      The Gisha Brothers - "Werwo's Rock"
      Fairport Convention - "I Don't Know Where I Stand"
      Tony Jackson & The Vibrations - "You Beat Me To The Punch"
      The Electric Prunes - "Little Olive"
      The 23rd Turnoff - "I'll Be With You"
      Rockin' Horse - "Yes It Is"
      Lazy Smoke - "Under Skys"
      The Flying Burrito Brothers - "Four Days Of Rain"
      Zerfas - "You Never Win"
      Bob Dylan - "With God On Our Side"
      The Carolyn Hester Coalition - "Tomorrow When I Wake Up"
      Os Mundi - "Missle"
      The Misfits - "T.V. Casualty"
      Shocking Blue - "I Saw Your Face"
      Sandy Salisbury - "I Just Don't Know How To Say Goodbye"
      Grobschnitt - "Magic Train"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/387.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/387.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• August 31, 2012 12:30 PM CDT
    • Show #387: "The Eggman Collection #121"

NOTE: Due to an illness in my family which has me a little distracted at the moment, plus working 50-plus hours a week, I will be doing only Eggman Collection specials in the next couple of months until things slow down in the fall. I'm calling it "The Back-To-Back Eggman Collection End Of Summer Super Spectacular Extravaganza!"
      The Eggman Collection is basically a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 121st installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: Gnidrolog, The Easybeats, The Ventures, The Happy Return, Beacon Street Union, UFO, Food, Ron Geesin & Roger Waters, Stackridge, Fairport Convention, The Electric Prunes, Rockin' Horse, Lazy Smoke, Bob Dylan, Os Mundi, Shocking Blue, Grobschnitt, and many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• August 31, 2012 9:41 AM CDT
    • I agree that the OFF album is great and live they were more than stunning. I would also recommend Man Lifting Banner an amazing Dutch hardcore band, then theres Cheap Time, the new Adolescents EP, Royal Headache, The Laureates, actually its a great time for underground punk rock !

• August 31, 2012 5:56 PM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist....Aug 30/2012

1. UIC...Crop Dusting... recorded live at Call The Office in London Ontario 3/16/85

UIC at The Shamrock in Lucan Ontario 1984

2. Elvis...Blue Moon Of Kentucky...since Aug 31st is a blue moon, this song seemed somewhat appropriate.

3. Almighty Rhombus...Even Though...brand new from this Sudbury Ontario combo who deliver the pop.

4. Marvelous Beauhunks...Kickin' Around...from their Do Not Resuscitate CD. Oshawa combo from the early 90's who have reformed.

5. Budokan...All We Know Is Rock'n'Roll....from their Spin A Little Gold CD. Victoria BC combo, some of whom played in Bum.

6. Blue Demons...Cougar Country....from their recent Boppa Do Down single. Toronto instro combo who wear masks.

7. Pow Wows...Killing Me...from their single on Get Hip Records. Outta Toronto.

8. Aunt Beezy...Crawl Around...Toronto area combo of which there may be some Von Drats in this band.

9. Living Deadbeats....Lost...from their recent LP. Vancouver combo.

10. Redline...IRA....1983 demo from this London Ontario combo, of which one member is presently in Living Deadbeats.

11. Magic Christian...Teenage Head...from the recent single on Schizophrenic Records. Also features X Teenage Head guitarist Gord Lewis and singer Dave Rave.

Cyril Jordan's guitars, Magic Christian, Hamilton Ontario 1/20/2009 

12. Artful Dodger...Think Think...from their 1975 debut LP and goes out to guitarist Gary Cox who passed away recently.

13. Flamin' Groovies...Shake Some Action...from the 1983 Line 7" and goes out to leader Cyril Jordan who is celebrating a birthday today.

Record geek showing off his Cyril Jordan autographed single...

14. Fist City...Buried...from their brand new La Ti Da single and they will be at Brennan's on monday night.

15. Fist City...Cryptic Transmissions...as above.

16. Ultra 5....My Only Desire...recorded live at The Electric Banana in London Ontario 11/29/92. Drummer Ken Anderson is coming back to London next friday in his acoustic duo, Hungrytown.

We got a mention in the local daily for this show!!

17. Pelt...Mr Tarantino...from  Kingston Ontario and from a demo the band sent us about a year ago.

18. Familiar Fiends...Shut Up Little Man...from a 7" compilation from Brantford Ontario (about an hour east of London Ontario) and the first record from Brantford in many years.

19. Johnny Terrien and the Bad Lieutenants...Eyes...from their latest single.

20. Lonesome Ghost...Haunted By God...from the Empty Church CD. Duo outta Aylmer Ontario, a tiny farming village just outside of London.

Lonesome Ghost at Grooves Records for Record Store Day 2010...the day we released the Lonesome Ghost cassette and probably their last ever live show...

21. Hook Up...65 Has No Blues...from the Call Up The Devil CD. They are in town at Grooves Records for an instore on Sat Sept 7th at 2:30.

22. Mo-dettes... Dark Park Creeping...all female combo from the UK from 1980.

23. Bush Tetras... Das Ah Riot...from a 7" from 1981 from this NYC combo.

24. Dennis Most...He's A Whore...from the recent Instigate Me CD. Dennis is infamous for his Excuse My Spunk song from the late 70's.

Thanx for all the phone-ins, emails, facebook messages etc...Back next week at the same time for more noise!

The show is archived for a couple of weeks at this location:

http://www.chrwradio.ca/audio/by/title/radio_what_wave