Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• July 2, 2012 6:59 PM CDT
    • I LOVE the Fleshtones.  One of the greatest (super) rock bands you will ever see!  I have traveled many miles to see them play and will again.  I'm glad to know there will be some more new music soon. 

• July 2, 2012 6:55 PM CDT
    • I always try to pick up one of these when I go to Chicago.  I haven't been able to find anyone who carries them in Nashville.  I love all the crazy artwork.

• July 2, 2012 11:22 AM CDT
    • How do i get a copy???

• July 2, 2012 6:52 PM CDT
    • Sorry to hear this.  You really can't beat them for great garage rock.  I saw them only once live at one of the Little Steven tours but their show was great.  Greg Provost seemed to be on another planet but you couldn't take your eyes off him.  He also has some of the best rock n roll hair, ever!

• July 2, 2012 3:27 PM CDT
    • They will be missed and now all the op vinyl will cost more get in now.

• July 2, 2012 2:59 PM CDT
    • Hey I saw Plan 9 too!!! Aside from the film, I haven't heard that name for a long time. I really liked them!!! Also, feel free to join the Kings conversation but yeah, does anyone know what happened to Plan 9???

• July 2, 2012 1:38 PM CDT
    • Found out about them and Plan 9 around the same time in the early 80s.

Preferred Plan 9.  Do give them credit for tenacity, though.

What happened to Plan 9?

• July 2, 2012 11:40 AM CDT
    • The C KINGS were one of the Top bands on my ROBBY RUSELL GARAGE-MANIA RADIO SHOW/

We saw them live a few times , including opening for the NY DOLLS and also saw them with the lead singer of the Standels singing Sometimes good guys dont wear white. They did a great live version of the EYES-I'M ROLLED OUT and they were kind enough to do a promo for my show.They were cool!!!

• July 2, 2012 6:46 PM CDT
    • The new Dr. John Album!

• July 2, 2012 4:23 PM CDT
    • Obviously The Mummies!! but I have a question, Man Or Astro-Man? counts?

• July 2, 2012 4:16 PM CDT
    • Don't forget "En Vivo en el Politécnico" by Los Monjes, one of the greatest mexican garage bands ever.

• July 2, 2012 11:22 AM CDT
    • I also agree! "On Fyre" makes you wild! When I left my last apartment, I had a party to celebrate this with friends and it's while dancing on this LP that one of them passed through a window! We had to go to the hospital at 4AM, completely drunk! "Don't give it up now", "Help you Ann", etc are great tunes! I don't know if the guys are still touring in Europe or not...

Mark Z said:

I agree about 'On Fyre.' A great album!

LastofmyKind said:

The Lyres - "On Fyre" 1984 or The Monks "Black Monk Time" 1966. I also would throw in The Black Lips "Let It Bloom" 2005.

• July 2, 2012 3:53 PM CDT
    • As promised -  Annual all SURF show underway NOW!! on Wrekking Hrs-tune in @ 89.3fm or online @ WHFR & w/phone apps TuneIn Radio

• July 2, 2012 11:56 AM CDT
    • Show #380: "The Eggman Collection #115" playlist:

The Mothers Of Invention - "Didja Get Any Onya?"
      The Everly Brothers - "Man With Money"
      Stanley Myers - "Organ Fantasia In D Major"
      The Knight Riders - "Where Did I Fail"
      Jon Bromley - "I'm Gonna Love You Till I Die"
      Mary Hopkin - "Prince En Avignon"
      The Tikis - "True Love Is Hard To Find"
      Far Cry - "Look Into The Sun"
      Banchee - "Iceberg"
      Tina & David Meltzer - "I'll Forget You"
      Randy & The Rainbows - "I'll Be Seeing You"
      Jan Davis - "Verti-Go-Go"
      The Spiders - "Don't Blow Your Mind"
      The Ventures - "Fear"
      The Grass Company - "Once A Child"
      Raga & The Talas - "For Old Time's Sake"
      The Zombies - "Care Of Cell 44"
      The Turtles - "Rugs Of Woods And Flowers"
      Messengers - "You Keep Running Away"
      The World - "Not The First Time"
      Tim Hardin - "Lady Came From Baltimore"
      The Clique - "Splash 1"
      Jorgen Ingmann & His Guitar - "Apache"
      The Hollies - "So Lonely"
      Nick Drake - "Hazey Jane II"
      Fleetwood Mac - "Something Inside Of Me"
      Keith West - "The Visit"
      Roger McGuinn - "I'm So Restless"
      Vanilla Fudge - "Paradise"
      The Brass Toad - "In The Back Of My Mind"
      Freedom's Children - "Medals Of Bravery"
      The Family - "So Much To Remember"
      Daddy Lindberg - "Wade In The Shade"
      David Bowie - "Sound And Vision"
      The Byrds - "For Me Again"
      Jason Crest - "Black Mass"
      The Lemon Pipers - "Everything Is You"
      Nucleus - "We'll Talk About It Later"
      Elijah - "A Good Thing (I'm On Fire)"
      The Lords - "People World"
      Eloy - "Up And Down"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/380.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/380.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show by "liking it" on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• July 2, 2012 11:46 AM CDT
    • I, too, have had my eye on that amp. It looks super cool for being a Fender (and under $300).

I am gonna keep my eye out for one in a few years when they start popping up used on Craigslist. 

Thanks for the post!

• July 2, 2012 11:17 AM CDT
    • Ryan from Rochester, NY. I play the drums, collect 45s, design at robertscomm.com, drink lots of IPAs and rip up the streets daily. Garage punk will always get me in ways no other genre can. I started a blog a few months back called FUZZ DRENCH, check it out if you have the time.

• July 2, 2012 7:02 AM CDT
    • I'm a graphic designer from Columbus, OH. I love music. Always have. Don't remember how I got onto garage, but I prefer the 60s stuff as opposed to the 'punk' stuff. Although I do love punk like the SLF, Buzzcocks, Jam etc. Love mod, soul and just about anything good. Favorite newer group would probably be The Mainliners out of Sweden.

• July 2, 2012 11:15 AM CDT
    • Amoeba - adolescents
      Full frontal assault

• July 2, 2012 11:09 AM CDT
    • this song is perfect for any morning.

• July 2, 2012 10:52 AM CDT
    • "Born to lose" - Johnny Thunders

• July 2, 2012 9:50 AM CDT
    • I often awaken singing this...

:)

-don

• July 2, 2012 9:43 AM CDT
    • That has been my experience as well but in my case the passing of years allowed me to to rediscover things that I'd been exposed to in my youth.  Beethoven, Brahms, Handle, Bach. Even Gilbert and Sullivan who, while never angry, pegged society with a thoroughly 'today' seeing eye and great humor at the expense of society at large.

This later point I realized as early as the late sixties and early seventies.  Having moved from pop to blues by way of acid rock I thought, as I looked at my acid-headed, flower-bedecked, friends, "aren't we something new!"  Then I chanced upon these lyrics...

If you're anxious for to shine in the high aesthetic line as a man of culture rare,

You must get up all the germs of the transcendental terms, and plant them ev'rywhere.

You must lie upon the daisies and discourse in novel phrases of your complicated state of mind,

The meaning doesn't matter if it's only idle chatter of a transcendental kind.

Those words were written by Arthur Sullivan in 1881 for use in the delightfully cynical operetta "Patience."

To old to rock indeed!

:)

-don

zacharythax said:

I think when you get older your world just expands. Mine doesn't EXCLUDE garage, I've just been able to appreciate more different things, and finding the same SPIRIT in other places. Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" is coming from the same place as "Anarchy in the U.K." and the chilling sneering works of Shostakovich have that same no wave feel as The Honeymoon Killers. 

• July 2, 2012 8:40 AM CDT
    • Couldn't agree more.

zacharythax said:

I think when you get older your world just expands. Mine doesn't EXCLUDE garage, I've just been able to appreciate more different things, and finding the same SPIRIT in other places. Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" is coming from the same place as "Anarchy in the U.K." and the chilling sneering works of Shostakovich have that same no wave feel as The Honeymoon Killers.