Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• May 27, 2012 6:42 PM CDT
    • You should read GET BENT.  They write about great bands like OBN IIIs, Mind Spiders, Los Vigilantes, The Barreracudas, Mean Jeans, Radar Eyes, and The Mallard.

http://getbent.fm/

• May 27, 2012 4:59 PM CDT
    • Lantern,  Wild Evel and The Trashbones, The Broken Vinyl Club, Allah La's, Meisha and The Spanks, Acid Baby Jesus, Johnny Throttle, Bazooka, The Screaming Females, Death Set, Ian & The Aztecs, A Place To Bury Strangers, and The Junahoos.  Just to name a few of the new stuff that I dig., you dig!!!!

• May 27, 2012 1:53 PM CDT
    • I know about gsmd great stuff. yeah I have never got into bandcamp. maybe I should check it out more.

Dead Man said:

I've been surprised at how many good bands I've discovered on Bandcamp. If you haven't already, check out The Spyrals, Great Society Mind Destroyers, Magic Shoppe, and Radar Eyes.

• May 26, 2012 9:22 AM CDT
    • The Runaway Sons.

• May 27, 2012 2:47 PM CDT
    • The Trip!  May 27 th Show! 

Listen here:  http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/381-The_Trip-20120527-0030-t1338075001.mp3

The Setlist: 

THE   ROLLICKS  DAS TOTENSCHIFF

JIMI HENDRIX  VALLEYS   OF NEPTUNE 
      FOUR TET  IRON   MAN 
      THE   UNQUIET DEAD  RESCUE ME
      QUINTRON  FACE DOWN IN THE GUTTER 
      BILL   HALEY  CHICK SAFARI 

LONNIE THE CAT  I AIN'T DRUNK 
      THE   CHAMPS  TEQUILA TWIST 
      WADE   CURTISS & THE RHYTHM ROCKERS VOODOO MAMA 
      THE   RHYTHM ADDICTS  OOMP BOOMP 
      LARRY   WILLIAMS  TING A LING 
      BEBE & LOUIS BARRON  MAIN THEME 
      BEBE   & LOUIS BARRON  DECELERATION 
      BEBE   & LOUIS BARRON  ONCE AROUND ALTAIR 
      BEBE   & LOUIS BARRON  THE LANDING 
      TANGERINE DREAM  MOMENTS OF A VISIONARY 

HAWKWIND  ELECTRONIC NO. 1 
      KRAFTWERK  SPACELAB 
      LOS PLANTRONICS  BOBBY PERU
      FRANCE GALL  JAZZ A GO GO 
      JOE "FINGERS"   CARR  ISTANBUL (NOT CONSTANTINOPLE) 
      MONTY PYTHON I'M SO WORRIED 

EL VEZ  ROCK & ROLL SUICIDE/IF I CAN DREAM

• May 26, 2012 2:23 PM CDT
    • Um, Jan & Dean?

• May 27, 2012 8:59 AM CDT
    • From We Never Learn:

"I went to the van to change my shirt, and the van had been broken into. So I went fucking completely apeshit. I went back in and started throwing shit, walking around all covered in sweat, threatening people with a screwdriver, "Where the fuck is my Walkman?" So they took me back to the hotel to chill out, and Tim [Warren] was missing. He was fucking a disco square."
      - Mike Mariconda (Raunch Hands)

• May 26, 2012 11:18 PM CDT
    • The Len Price 3 - Chinese Burn!

• May 26, 2012 10:01 PM CDT
    • What about the girls? Women love them some Roky , too . That is a great collection , and you NEED THIS AND THE "APRIL FOOLS DAY " INTERVIEW (FEATURED , IN FULL, ON "LIVE AT THE RITZ , 1987.".).

Alexander said:

YEBO,the one you need is:ROKY ERICKSON AND THE ALIENS-THE EVIL ONE(plus one) as the cd version,because it has the "modern humans radio show" as bonus cd.

This CD is a Roky`s best-and every good man should have something of his musical output!!

• May 26, 2012 9:58 PM CDT

• Better still , get the 2 CD complete works of The CWB SET - "mELTS IN yOUR bRAIN , nOT ON yOUR wrist"....But , good calls.
      dave said:

Best of the Chocolate Watchband (Rhino) OR Best of the Music Machine (Rhino)

• May 26, 2012 9:55 PM CDT
    • ...At this very second , I'd say The Alarm Clocks' Ltd. Edition Live LP. If that fails ya , try any of the first four Black Oak Arkansas LPs , or some of the lowest rated Hard Rock LPs in Ugly Things' recent poll - Mint Tattoo (Self titled) , Epitaph (Same) or Frantic ! . OR (independent of said poll.) , you can't lose with either of Captain Beyond's 3 albums.

• May 26, 2012 9:26 AM CDT
    • The Mojomatics - Don't Pretend You Don't Know Me.

• May 26, 2012 10:10 PM CDT
    • I'M GOING TO SEE BIG JAY MCNEELY. HE'S 85 , OR MORE. i SAW HIM RIGHT AFTER HE TURNED 80 , AND HE KILLED ! So , Honeyboy Edwards was the oldest performer I've ever seen,he was 93 or 94 the last time I saw him.He was a Bluesman , but , he always brought The Rock.  I am going to read the previous comments , but I'm going to be 48 , soon , and I've got the Rheumatism in both eyes , and the misery in my back , and the Arthur - Itis , and I told so many lies in my day , I contracted Phlebitus (You'll have to be over 45 to understand that.). 

• May 26, 2012 6:49 PM CDT
    • Haha I was thinking what the hell is a steret?

• May 26, 2012 2:12 AM CDT
    • Hell yeah! That's some great news there. Cool to see you teamed up with Ashley. Loved the note on "Streets" of iron, by the way.

• May 26, 2012 5:19 PM CDT
    • Yeah man, I was looking around in the other threads and saw lots of cool guitars!

• May 26, 2012 2:15 PM CDT
    • Wow. You have some cool stuff. Love the tiki! I'm very fond of waht you call "pawn shop guitars" too, and have posted pictures of some of mine in the other gear thread recently.

• May 26, 2012 2:34 PM CDT
    • I like both, but the Stones get the edge since I can't think of anything the B's did that I would consider "garage" or "punk".  On the other hand, Get Off My Cloud by the Stones was so inspirational to what we support here in The Hideout.  The B's may have lived the lifestyle, but their music leaned more towards pop.

• May 26, 2012 9:19 AM CDT
    • You say ya want a revolution...

• May 26, 2012 10:31 AM CDT
    • Thanks Zaid, does it get anything like the Reverb Tank "drip"?

• May 26, 2012 3:24 AM CDT
    • That band, the Muldoons put out some stuff while being in their teens, backed up by their Dad on drums, though. One thing came out on Cass records. Don't know what they are up to now. This one's pretty rad, has rambles on Action figures and such, in it: