Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• January 10, 2012 6:07 PM CST
    • Hi Kopper,

Is there still time to submit a song for possible inclussion for either the forthcoming comp or a later one?

• January 10, 2012 2:54 PM CST
    • I hope i did it right!

• January 10, 2012 10:39 AM CST
    • Awesome! That's what it's all about. Thanks for letting us know!

John Carlucci said:

I just wanted to say thanks again to Kopper for putting these comps together. They are getting noticed. I have songs on 2 of the comps with 2 different bands, and since they came out, both bands have received pretty cool offers to perform overseas.

• January 10, 2012 12:25 AM CST
    • I just wanted to say thanks again to Kopper for putting these comps together. They are getting noticed. I have songs on 2 of the comps with 2 different bands, and since they came out, both bands have received pretty cool offers to perform overseas.

• January 10, 2012 4:50 PM CST
    • One of the funniest things for me is unspoken... when you find that perfect gem, and you look around like someone is going to fight you for it. You walk towards the counter convinced that someone is going to tackle you and take it. Then when you pay for it the guy at the register looks visibly pissed, probably because he didn't work the day before and missed the record when it came in. Too bad for them!

• January 10, 2012 3:10 PM CST
    • Hey,John, I remember listening to a CD (shh!) at Sound Exchange one evening, and seeing this guy come up to the turntable w/ a battered copy of the 1st Dolls LP. After a minute or so, he took off the headphones and I said, "Hey, man, nice score! You don't see that used too often." Wow, the look he gave me, it wasn't like he was a hipster, it was like he couldn't figure out why anyone would give 2 shits about that album. Like you said, "Whatta douche!"

"You passed Pere Ubu live for Poison Idea?!" - Curses . Foiled again.They figured me out.

The Ebay segment is funny.

I smelled a record the other day , because it looked water - damaged. I got a bit self - conscious about it.

The bit about Heroin addicts who once supported a more noble addiction , sad but true....OK  ,not sad if you got some great records , cheap , but , still......

I don't really know what I say , because it's really a private pursuit. Sometimes I'll tell someone if they're considering something really good , that they should....

Once , I saw an English guy with a stack of CRAP Disco records that he's sure to make a huge profit from , back home (Nothing against my English mates. They KNOW it's true.). Separate from the stack was Moby Grapes' first LP (Yes , with the finger! But , I learned , recently , that's the lesser rarity of the two.)....I HAVE IT , BUT MINE IS A BIT BEAT....I gave him the thumbs up for finding it , he sneered. What a douche. Nothing against his nationality (My internal workings are partly English , too.), but , what a douche. He's have probably gone straight for the "Dance" section in the glory days of Wax Trax Records.

• January 10, 2012 3:04 PM CST
    • I still laugh at the elitist stance that they (we) exhibit.

"Oh, that's out-of-print. You can't find it anymore."

• January 10, 2012 1:05 PM CST
    • "You passed Pere Ubu live for Poison Idea?!" - Curses . Foiled again.They figured me out.

The Ebay segment is funny.

I smelled a record the other day , because it looked water - damaged. I got a bit self - conscious about it.

The bit about Heroin addicts who once supported a more noble addiction , sad but true....OK  ,not sad if you got some great records , cheap , but , still......

I don't really know what I say , because it's really a private pursuit. Sometimes I'll tell someone if they're considering something really good , that they should....

Once , I saw an English guy with a stack of CRAP Disco records that he's sure to make a huge profit from , back home (Nothing against my English mates. They KNOW it's true.). Separate from the stack was Moby Grapes' first LP (Yes , with the finger! But , I learned , recently , that's the lesser rarity of the two.)....I HAVE IT , BUT MINE IS A BIT BEAT....I gave him the thumbs up for finding it , he sneered. What a douche. Nothing against his nationality (My internal workings are partly English , too.), but , what a douche. He's have probably gone straight for the "Dance" section in the glory days of Wax Trax Records.

• January 10, 2012 12:37 PM CST
    • so great i had to share.... come on, what kinda shit do YOU record nerds say?????

• January 10, 2012 2:39 PM CST
    • The Psychedelic Sounds of The 13th Floor Elevators in Mono. Every song is great.

• January 10, 2012 1:40 PM CST
    •  

Morning- Morning. very rare stufff. great record!

• January 10, 2012 9:35 AM CST
    • I love the Los Saicos suggestions on page 1.  Will make me put that on right now.

but my album would be Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros - Rock Art and the X-ray Style.  Obviously not garage punk but the album I would tell someone to buy (but they probably wouldn't like it and be sour with me for spending their money that way).

• January 10, 2012 7:46 AM CST
    • Any idea of when is the next Chrome Cranks' out?

Bobby said:

For a while noe I'be been listening a lot to The Church Keys- Work With It, & Tav Falco & the Unapproachable Panther Burns- Songs For Deranged Lovers. I'm really excited for the new Chrome Cranks album to come out next. 

Tony Jonaitis said:

The first Modern Lovers LP!  Or...the first Velvet Underground LP...or The Soft Boys "Underwater Moonlight...or....hey, this question is too hard to answer!!!!  You tell us what you would suggest!"

• January 10, 2012 5:25 AM CST
    • The second lp from the small faces (self titled)...essential!

And I gotta agree with listening to a lot a tav falco, I only got put onto him last year, though I did have the track dateless night on a comp I never paid much attention to him, that is until recently.I'm just waiting now on a copy of his red devil album to land through the post.

• January 10, 2012 1:49 PM CST
    • The paper I work for was nice enough to get me an iPhone, so I often listen to GP Pirate Radio in my car via TuneIn Radio.

http://tunein.com/

• January 10, 2012 1:01 PM CST
    • I think even the best Country music videos are the worst videos I have seen.  Particularly the "loveable loser" storyline.  You know, the main character just shrugs his shoulders at all bad things life has dealt him.  I looked but cannot find the one that highlights this, jet skis and all.

• January 10, 2012 12:28 PM CST
    • I read an entry about foreign hip-hop, but are there any Seeds fans out there?

Joe - Prolitika

• January 10, 2012 12:03 PM CST
    • hey if there are any Doors fans on the Hideout,go on youtube to hear for the very first time ''She Smells Nice''--a track from the LA WOMAN master tapes!!!!i just heard it for the first time a few seconds ago,pure Doors,pure Jim!!!!

• January 10, 2012 9:55 AM CST
    • I was just signing in now to post about this very subject! Ha! I just saw this while watching MSNBC on the web! Go Fabienne!

• January 9, 2012 11:43 PM CST
    • I about spit out my beer tonight when I heard Fabienne Delsol on a Toyota Prius commercial! Great song, too:

Good for her!

• January 10, 2012 5:52 AM CST
    • The latest reports state that "it's early stage lymphoma...............", but it's going to be a long, rough ride methinx:(:(

• January 10, 2012 5:51 AM CST
    • Rhino's passing was a bummer 2:(:(....RIP Rhino:(

John Battles said:

Yeah....Lymphoma's a BAD one. It will be killed dead , set on fire and it's ashes buried . Sadly , we won't be there to see it happen. No Cancer , Diabetes , AIDS , etc. I could give up a man on Mars for that.

Larry "Rhino " Rhinehart , ignored Guitar God (Iron Butterfly , Captain Beyond.) passed away , last week.

• January 10, 2012 4:50 AM CST

• TeenFink said:

agreed....RELEASE THE PRISONERS!!

Hé hé ;)

E.

• January 10, 2012 2:47 AM CST
    • From Melbourne Australia, sorry if they are already mentioned.

The Bo weevils.
      The Breadmakers.
      The shindiggers.
      The Dirty Lovers.
      Turnaround.

All these bands recorded great records and were great live. There were many others that didn't release a record that were good too, and others that did record that have slipped my mind at the moment...

Another favorite of mine, this time from wollongong nsw, australia was the unheard