Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• October 21, 2011 4:19 PM CDT
    • you got good taste....sang the heavenly choir...

• October 21, 2011 12:53 AM CDT
    • RIP you amazing amazing man

• October 20, 2011 10:52 PM CDT
    • Happy birthday Lux! Thanks for spreading the sickness you magnificent bastard!

• October 21, 2011 3:14 PM CDT
    • I love digging up the old and new Halloween Specials from this site.  Thanks Mal.  and Podcasters in general should never think the Halloween special gets old; I think most people are waiting for those.  garage punk and Halloween go hand in hand.

Mal Thursday said:

I have a mess of 'em in THE MAL THURSDAY SHOW Halloween Special, but I left out a whole set of psycho killers: "Strangler of Boston Town" by Thee Headcoats, "Albert, Albert" by the Bugs, "Night of the Sadist" by Larry & the Bluenotes, "Richard Speck" by the Chesterfield Kings...

• October 21, 2011 2:25 PM CDT
    • Of course , The Horror Rockin' Horror Rock King , Roky Erickson , and The British Prime Minister of The Sinister , Screaming Lord Sutch.

The Fuzztones did a respectable "Night of The Vampire" , but , Roky Erickson's original version is one of the greatest non - Novelty Hallowe'en Hymns , ever.

• October 21, 2011 1:48 PM CDT
    • 3-D Invisibles , to my knowledge , are still around , but , only playing around Hallowe'en in Detroit (They used to sometimes play the odd Hallowe'en night in Chicago , as well , and opened for Rudi Protrudi , here , about 5 years ago.). bUT , GOOGLE 'EM OR CHECK THEIR MYSPACE OR FACEBOOK - YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO ORDER THEIR CDs , which are all great. They've been around since the early 80's. They refuse to grow up. THEY WON'T STAY DEAD.

Fuzzmeister said:

TeenFink said:

any other modern or recent/current WHATEVER bands have some groovy Halloweenie kinda tunes??? Let's hear 'em!!

My band Space Party have a tune that would fit the bill, it's called "The Creature". If any podcasters / broadcasters want a copy for their Halloween shows, please email me at spacepartyband@gmail.com

You can listen to it here:

http://www.myspace.com/spacepartysurfband

• October 21, 2011 12:26 PM CDT
    • 'Wicked Anabella' by The Kinks

• October 21, 2011 11:14 AM CDT
    • id add the entire ghastly ones back catalog some damned stuff and some horrors

• October 21, 2011 3:25 AM CDT

• TeenFink said:

any other modern or recent/current WHATEVER bands have some groovy Halloweenie kinda tunes??? Let's hear 'em!!

My band Space Party have a tune that would fit the bill, it's called "The Creature". If any podcasters / broadcasters want a copy for their Halloween shows, please email me at spacepartyband@gmail.com

You can listen to it here:

http://www.myspace.com/spacepartysurfband

• October 21, 2011 2:49 PM CDT
    • some awesome Orbison cover from Finland...

• October 21, 2011 2:10 PM CDT
    • ,....and this 2....:)

PSYCHIC ILLS

• October 21, 2011 2:08 PM CDT
    • Check these out :)

• October 21, 2011 11:31 AM CDT
    • White Whale on One Percent Records

no, not part of their band or label or promotional team...just new to and like this forum.  always being turned on to new stuff over here...really digging White Whale right now....will post more later...

thanks!

-- dave

• October 21, 2011 8:18 AM CDT
    • Hey Duke,  are you going to be visiting or moving to Ann Arbor?  I live just outside Ann Arbor.

Duke Of Earl said:

Yeah, I met them before. Anything interesting coming up in AnnArbor? 

• October 21, 2011 2:05 PM CDT
    • Show #346: "The Eggman Collection #104"

Every 3 weeks I do a series of shows called The Eggman Collection which is a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 104th installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: The Chocolate Watchband, The Rolling Stones, National Lampoon, The Status Quo, The Mothers Of Invention, The Dirty Wurds, Peter Hammill, John Fahey, Nick Garrie, The Savage Rose, Beggars Opera, The Dragons, The Easybeats, Grapefruit, The Bonzo Dog Band, Strange, and many many more!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• October 21, 2011 1:42 PM CDT
    • Yes , highly recommended. I made the mistake of not buying that Live album when it briefly appeared...I got in touch , very briefly , with Andy Blade , a few years ago. He seems like a good cat. Eater was unique , not just for their ages , they also had an unusual sound for the time. That guitar sound , especially....Other UK Punk bands were influenced by Glam , too , but were probably much more closeted about it. 

Dead Boy said:

The Stiffs - Fuck You

The Subhumans - Fuck You

"The Eater Chronicles" is highly recommend!

• October 21, 2011 1:36 PM CDT
    • Some younger people are impressed that I even saw Thunders , but , WITH The Viletones? There's no"Only" in that sentence. Did'nt know about the live album.  Hope I can find it , some day.  Their myspace had or has some really good , more recent , live footage....Leckie's people contacted me a month or two ago , because I sent him a message....Three years ago ! But , they were very gracious , regarding the delay. When Johnny played in Chicago for the last time , in '89 , well...it was'nt very good. There were moments. But , a friend saw him in Vancouver the week before of after , backed by members of Teenage Head , and he said that it was everything Johnny should have ever been.  

Brian T. Kirchner said:

Although it wasn't the original line-up, the Viletones' Saturday Night/Sunday Morning is a great live lp. There wasn't any of their output that I didn't like. I only got to see them once--they were opening for Johnny Thunders at (I think) the Horseshoe Tavern back in '85.

• October 20, 2011 10:59 PM CDT
    • Although it wasn't the original line-up, the Viletones' Saturday Night/Sunday Morning is a great live lp. There wasn't any of their output that I didn't like. I only got to see them once--they were opening for Johnny Thunders at (I think) the Horseshoe Tavern back in '85.

• October 20, 2011 10:45 PM CDT
    • In St. Paul, back in the early 80's, there was a band called "The Attack" who were an amazing Stooges clone. I used to work in the stock department at a major store in that town and often saw the lead singer who would be coming back from physical therapy! Now we both work as librarians in our respective cities(minneapolis for me and st paul for him).

• October 21, 2011 12:04 PM CDT
    • for something more contemporary.  i like the Dead Vampires.