Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• September 17, 2011 4:54 PM CDT
    • I can't think of any garage/punk songs that reference underground comix. I wish I knew of some...

• September 16, 2011 1:22 PM CDT
    • Great track...

Marty Shane, Pacifiction Records said:

The Traits, superb! Exactly what I was hoping existed! Not a big fan of Shazam, but I'll take it!

• September 17, 2011 4:51 PM CDT
    • I hate Bratmobile's covers of "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways and "Where Eagles Dare" by the Misfits,

Green Day's covers of "I Wanna Be On TV" by Fang, "Tired of Waiting for You" by the Kinks, and "Knowledge" by Operation Ivy,

Sublime's covers of "Hope" and "I'm Not a Loser" by Descendents, "Youth Are Getting Restless" by Bad Brains,

and Slightly Stoopid's cover of "I Couldn't Get HIgh" by the Fugs.

I actually like Mudhoney's cover of "Hate the Police," but not as much as the original. I don't like Mudhoney's covers of Thee Mighty Caesars' "She's Only 15" and "You Make Me Die" though. I don't think I've heard a single good cover of a Billy Childish song.

• September 17, 2011 8:27 AM CDT
    • Bald Bill - Not to start a big issue but I'm wondering if, even we agree that he pretends, is it so bad tha the at least brings the plight of various people to the forefront? Just as point of discussion.

As for my opinion I love the concept of Bruce. He is a fantastic songwriter for the most part, I love the track he did with Mike Ness, and I do think he started humbly and can we blame him for superstardom? Especially since he never sought to reclaim or cash in on Born in the USA. Plus the man may charge a ton for his shows but he PLAYS! He runs around and goes for 3 or 4 hours. You get a fair showing for the money unlike most other massive bands. When was the last time you saw him in a tabloid or endorsing a shit product? 

That said, I can only listen to so much Bruce before I really have to switch the record. 

• September 16, 2011 9:02 PM CDT
    • How will the struggling immigrant workers scraping by in the 23rd-century carbonate mines on Mars afford to go to a stadium & pay $$$ - $$$$ while he pretends he's performing for the working class?

• September 17, 2011 12:01 PM CDT
    • Wish they'd come this way. I saw Shonen Knife back in the '90s at a Lollapalooza in Phoenix. That Ramones tribute sounds fun

• September 16, 2011 3:03 PM CDT
    • Saw Nobunny at a house party on Tuesday.  Fun!

• September 17, 2011 11:24 AM CDT
    • The Brand new "RED"  VOX AC-15 owned by Kenny Wessel of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang!

• September 17, 2011 3:24 AM CDT
    • To get us back to Popeye, I thought I looked more like this:  But with grayer hair.

Switzerland? I thought Beat-Man's true identity was Jerry J. Nixon, a communist rockabilly from Santa Fe.

• September 17, 2011 12:04 AM CDT
    • Steve, has anybody ever told you you look like that "Mark" guy from the Clark County Museum who's on that "Pawn Stars" show quite a bit?

• September 16, 2011 11:19 PM CDT
    • Steve, I'm pretty damn jealous. I contemplated drving the 12 hours to see him in TN last summer, but settled on mail ordering a belt-buckle instead. I wear it everyday with pride...but this trumps it! And you are the one who turned me on to VR

• September 16, 2011 3:01 PM CDT
    • I've seen Beat-Man in America. Right here in Santa Fe. Twice.

Beat-Man is a great American, just like Popeye!

BEAT-MAN & ME PS send that Bibliodiscoteque to the secret prison. He sounds French anyway

• September 16, 2011 1:21 PM CDT
    • This is embodies everything that rules about the Beat-Man and friends. I saw some of the clips on the facebook. I so wish I was in Europe instead of stoopid ole America*

*The views of this poster are not the views of Bibliodiscoteque who loves America and does not want to end up in a secret government prison. 

• September 17, 2011 1:06 AM CDT
    • Show #341: "The Eggman Collection #102" playlist:

High Tide - "The Joke"
      Los Vidrios Quebrados - "Inside Your Eyes"
      Elvis Presley - "My Baby Left Me"
      Sandy Salisbury - "Measure Of A Man"
      Bubble Puppy - "Todd's Tune"
      White Lining - "Back In The Sun"
      Cem Karaca - "Tatli Dillim"
      Sparks - "This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us"
      Manfred Mann - "Cubist Town"
      Ultimate Spinach - "Suite: Genesis Of Beauty (In Four Parts)"
      Jody Grind - "Vegetable Oblivion"
      The Hollies - "Tell Me To My Face"
      Simon & Garfunkel - "He Was My Brother"
      The Byrds - "Triad"
      The Ventures - "Psychedelic Venture"
      The Statesiders - "Patterened The Same"
      The Mirage - "Ebaneezer Beaver"
      Sun Lightning Incorporated - "Quasar 45"
      The dB's - "From A Window To A Screen"
      The Deviants - "Billy The Monster"
      Diane Hildebrand - "Come Looking For Me"
      The Buckinghams - "This Is How Much I Love You"
      The Yardbirds - "Knowing That I'm Losing You"
      Bob Marley & The Wailers - "Redemption Song"-
      Led Zeppelin - "How Many More Times"
      Adrian Pride - "Her Name Is Melody"
      Grapefruit - "Elevator"
      John Cale - "Big White Cloud"
      The Monkees - "Take A Giant Step"
      Fickle Pickle - "Millionaire"
      The Beatles - "Julia"
      Those Guys - "Lookin’ At You Behind The Glasses"
      Ekseption - "Ave Maria"
      The Unclaimed - "Memories Of Green Eyes"
      The Guess Who - "Share The Land"
      Donovan - "People Used To"
      The Briks - "Can You See Me"
      Blops - "Piromano"
      David Hemmings - "Bell Birds"
      Doctors Of Madness - "Afterglow/Mitzi’s Cure/I Think We’re Alone/Waiting"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/341.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/341.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live, listen to past shows, view playlists, etc…check out my website: eggmanrulez.com/ or wscafm.org (click on "listen live") Friday nights at 10pm EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• September 16, 2011 2:32 PM CDT
    • Show #341: "The Eggman Collection #102"

Every 3 weeks I do a series of shows called The Eggman Collection, which originally was an old tape/cd collection of songs that I like. Now since I have little time due to work and stuff, I made it into a radio program. It's a big mix of songs I like, no matter what they are, what genre, style, or era...whatever...If I like it, I play it. This provides a big potpourri of music from all sorts of different artists, and also brings out several guilty pleasures you wouldn't expect me to listen to. Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 102nd installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: High Tide, Los Vidrios Quebrados, Elvis Presley, Bubble Puppy, Sparks, Manfred Mann, Ultimate Spinach, Jody Grind, The Hollies, The Ventures, The Statesiders, The Deviants, The Buckinghams, Led Zeppelin, Grapefruit, John Cale, The Monkees, The Beatles, Those Guys, Ekseption, Donovan, Blops, David Hemmings, Doctors Of Madness, and many many more!!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live, listen to past shows, view playlists, etc…check out my website: eggmanrulez.com/ or wscafm.org (click on "listen live") Friday nights at 10pm EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• September 16, 2011 7:31 PM CDT
    • Thanx for all the info Craig!!!

• September 16, 2011 7:30 PM CDT
    • Playlist Sept 15/2011

1. John Schooley....Drive You Faster...from the Voodoo Rhythm LP John Schooley and His One Man Band. A real stomper to get the show started as i was yammering with BradleyBoy at his well attended (ya, right, let's be fucking honest, i was the only one there to see this guy play live last friday night) gig about Voodoo Rhythm Records and how Fucking great this label is. Best record label in Switzerland, probably all of Europe! Maybe the world. Likely the universe! But all who attended the John Schooley show at The Victoria Tavern 2 years back already know that.

2. The Standstills...Blues Radio from their Human Element CD and they will be at The Spoke on the campus of the University Of Western Ontario today at 11PM.

3. catl....Working Man's Soul....from their With The Lord For Cowards You Will Find No Place LP from last year. catl will be in town Thursday Sept 29th at Call The Office. Catl promises he'll phone in during that week's edition of Radio WW to yammer about their brand new drummer. Yep, Johnny Larue has left catl and been replaced by a Deadly Snake. Not literally, but the drummer from In The Red Recording artists The Deadly Snakes.

4. Bradleyboy...Callin' Your Name...from his Salt Gun CD. One man band who has been on many labels, including Transistor 66 and now EMI. He was here last friday at The Brass...you shoulda been there too!

5. Boy From Nowhere...Heart Full Of Soul...from Thee Cave Comes Alive LP on Action Records. Singer Jon Traut is presently in The Oily Birds who were playing with The Polymorphines that evening.

6. Sloan...Underwhelmed...from the Smeared CD from 1992. Sloan are playing at The London Music Hall next friday.

7. The Bon...Hey Suzette...from their Static Electricity CD on Boppa Do Down Records.

8. Midnite Snaxxx...Jackie...from their 7" on Total Punk Records. Finally got this one in the mail and the jury is still out on whether it was worth the long wait. Ya, it's really good, but it's not as good as some of the former bands these young ladies have been in. Tina Luchessi was in the Godlike Trashwomen, Bobbyteens and Tina and The Total Babes; Dulcinea was in The Loudmouths and i dunno what band Renee came from and i'm too lazy to go looking. Ok, maybe i've gotta spin it a couple more times as it does have that early girl group meets 77 punk rock sound...we'll let the jury decide...what did you think of this one?

9. The Beat Killers...Church Of Rock'n'Roll...from the latest garagepunk hideout download called Hidden Tracks.  A genuine asskicker from start to finish. Speedy John plays bass in this combo from LA.

10. The Hook Up...Bad Summer...from their Tomorrow and Today CD. Ya, i keep playing this song as it's sooo good! The Hook Up come back to London on Nov 5th, Brennan's Beer Bistro.

11. Teenanger...Carole Pope...from the Give Me Pink LP and they open for catl on Sept 29th at Call The Office.

12. B5 Blue...Borderline....recorded live somewhere in London. Coupla these guys are in The Oily Birds who played with The Polymorphines at The Black Shire last night.

13. Stupidity...Move...from the Move CD and they are from Sweden.

14. Lord High Fixers...18...from the Is Your Club A Secret Weapon LP on Estrus Records from 1999. Features Tim Kerr on guitar, as i was planning on doing a whole Tim Kerr set as The Polymorphines had Tim produce their latest recordings at Sweatbox Studios down in Austin. Like most bands, The Polymorphines arrived way late and we had to do a quick end of show interview. Luckily, Jeremy Polymorphine and i both talk really fast, so we did a 1 hour interview in 20m flat! Enthusiasm and a love of rock'n'roll will conquer all!

15. The Polymorphines...Anna Lee...from their latest CD, The Slip.

16. The Polymorphines...Constant Reminder...from their Transistor Sister CD...they didn't play this one live last night at the Black Shire...i shoulda yelled out for it, as this is such a great song!!

17. The Polymorphines...Poor Sicko...from The Slip CD.

18. The Polymorphines...Dirty Cop...from their Transistor Sister CD.

19. The Polymorphines...The Clean and The Dirty...from The Slip CD.

20. Invasions...Jewel...from their lateset 7".

21. Teenage Head...Brand New Cadillac...from a live show at The Spoke from the fall of 1980.

Somewhere around here, The Polymorphines arrived...lost on the vast campus of The University Of Western Ontario. Not the first, certainly not the last to get lost here...but i've been told it was a great, yet speedy interview...Maybe next time we'll get to do the acoustic set that we were hoping to do.

22. The Polymorphines...Let Love Fly...from the Transistor Sistor CD.

Big thanx to The Polymorphines for taking the time to come on air prior to their big show at The Black Shire Pub. And it was a great show that evening as some of you know.

And thanx for all of the crazies that called in with requests! Back next week with more noise.

Here's a link to the archived show:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/ 94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3

• September 16, 2011 5:21 PM CDT
    • Come and listen to my show every month on Dandelion Radio - the online station inspired by John Peel.

Every month there's an eclectic mix of psych, garage, dub, blues, electronica, grindcore, indie, techno, afro-beat, noise, stuff that doesn't even have a genre. New songs, old songs, exclusive sessions, all bleedin sorts.

The show streams at various times every day for the whole month, so you should be able to catch it if you try hard enough. Here's the times for the current show - and have a listen to the other djs, they're all pretty cool too - lots of details here.

Give me a shout if you hear anything you like - pete@dandelionradio.com

• September 16, 2011 2:17 PM CDT
    • Thanks, Brian!

• September 16, 2011 1:51 PM CDT

• Trio. They had more than "Da da da". This one is cool.

• September 16, 2011 1:14 PM CDT
    • I used the Boss 63 for some time and though the reverb  was great the pedal was colouring the tone waaay too much for my taste. It seems two of the best pedals coming close to the real deal are the Wampler Spring Reverb and Solid Gold's Surf Rider. Has anyone played them?

• September 16, 2011 11:52 AM CDT
    • FAROUIT :):)