Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• March 29, 2013 4:02 PM CDT
    • Yea, I hear you two. And yea, I will most likely see it in someway, even if it's on Netflix. And MikeL, your promise of a drink in writing is a prize enough.

The movie though that I am really looking forward to is Good Vibrations about the Irish label of the same name. Here's trailer:

• March 29, 2013 3:39 PM CDT
    • That's the spirit, Rod:)

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

WELL, it's gotta be better than any movie about the 80s Sunset Strip.

• March 29, 2013 3:32 PM CDT
    • WELL, it's gotta be better than any movie about the 80s Sunset Strip.

• March 29, 2013 3:32 PM CDT
    • I really have no idea what to expect from this flick.  I'm going to wait until it comes out and give it a chance then.  Even if the reviews are overwhelmingly bad, I'm still going to see it just out of curiosity.  BTW, Cheetah Chrome will be in this movie, and he will play a cab driver who hates punk rock.  I'm friends with him on Facebook, and he seems to be pleased with it, especially the actor who plays him.  When he was on the set, he posted a comment that said, "Been weird bumping into myself all day."  I really like Alan Rickman, so I am curious to see him play Hilly.  

BTW, I was waiting to see who would bring up this topic first, so congratulations on being first.  I have no prizes to offer, but I'll buy you a drink if I ever cross paths with you.

• March 29, 2013 2:44 PM CDT
    • The Dictators (Manitoba) had this posted on their Facebook page. Could be a real disaster of a film I'm sure. Maybe it'll be surprisingly good (probably not).

https://www.facebook.com/CBGBtheMovie

• March 29, 2013 3:30 PM CDT
    • BwaHaHa!!

Boston Punk Zombies Are Watching You!

Passing yourself off as a credible music scenester, on the other hand, is an order of magnitude more difficult. Never mind drug lords—no one can identify a poseur more quickly than a hipster; sniffing out fakes is essentially the entire job description. That's what Boston police are finding out as their bungling efforts to infiltrate the underground rock scene online are being exposed.

• March 29, 2013 3:13 PM CDT
    • Deadbeat Beat from Detroit. Sounds like good pop. 2 songs, plus a bit of info.

• March 29, 2013 12:24 PM CDT

• Brass and a Killer organ!

• March 29, 2013 2:25 PM CDT
    •   I see I replied to this already. I could probably think of more "Less P.C." Nervebreakers songs , if I rack my mind , and think about it......Sorry , that was The Yardbirds.

John Battles said:

All your examples are good , Romanne , but , I never thought of "My Girlfriend is a Rock" as being un - P.C.  It's just about a guy that's literally in love with a rock. More un - P.C. Nervebreakers include "I Wanna Kill You" , or Barry Kooda's solo "Guns and Bullets" or Tex Edwards' solo "Lesbian Cowboy Girls" and "Going Down South" , both of which are P.C. and UN - P.C. . AT THE SAME TIME !

Some of The Stones' least P.C. songs , along with "Star , Star" (I sang that at Karaoke , recently !), include "Cocksucker's Blues" , "Andrew's Blues" , "Memo From Turner" (Which is considered an early Jagger solo track , I guess. Both (Released ) versions are filthy , by the standards of the day , "Some Girls" (The uncensored version) , "Claudine" (Did'nt even make it to "Emotional Rescue " as planned. It's on the "Some Girls"  reissue. Rockabilly partial rip of Jack Scotts ' "Leroy" about Claudine Longet and the murder of Ski champ, Spyder Sevitch , for which she walked. ), "Stray Cat Blues" , and , well , "Stupid Girl". It's funny that "Satisfaction" was sometimes censored , yet Jagger throws in the "B" word twice on that number.....By the time "Bitch " came out , I guess , it was less controversial , because the word was'nt used as a slur against women.

Romanne Blouin said:

We'll probably never stop finding new outrageous songs, but for now, I think about: Rolling Stones' ''Star star'', Kim Fowley's ''Animal Man'', ''My Girlfriend is a Rock'' by The Nervebreakers, Dead Boys' ''Caught with the Meat in your Mouth'' and a fuckload of Guizmos' songs.

• March 29, 2013 2:17 PM CDT
    • All your examples are good , Romanne , but , I never thought of "My Girlfriend is a Rock" as being un - P.C.  It's just about a guy that's literally in love with a rock. More un - P.C. Nervebreakers include "I Wanna Kill You" , or Barry Kooda's solo "Guns and Bullets" or Tex Edwards' solo "Lesbian Cowboy Girls" and "Going Down South" , both of which are P.C. and UN - P.C. . AT THE SAME TIME !

Some of The Stones' least P.C. songs , along with "Star , Star" (I sang that at Karaoke , recently !), include "Cocksucker's Blues" , "Andrew's Blues" , "Memo From Turner" (Which is considered an early Jagger solo track , I guess. Both (Released ) versions are filthy , by the standards of the day , "Some Girls" (The uncensored version) , "Claudine" (Did'nt even make it to "Emotional Rescue " as planned. It's on the "Some Girls"  reissue. Rockabilly partial rip of Jack Scotts ' "Leroy" about Claudine Longet and the murder of Ski champ, Spyder Sevitch , for which she walked. ), "Stray Cat Blues" , and , well , "Stupid Girl". It's funny that "Satisfaction" was sometimes censored , yet Jagger throws in the "B" word twice on that number.....By the time "Bitch " came out , I guess , it was less controversial , because the word was'nt used as a slur against women.

Romanne Blouin said:

We'll probably never stop finding new outrageous songs, but for now, I think about: Rolling Stones' ''Star star'', Kim Fowley's ''Animal Man'', ''My Girlfriend is a Rock'' by The Nervebreakers, Dead Boys' ''Caught with the Meat in your Mouth'' and a fuckload of Guizmos' songs.

• March 29, 2013 1:28 PM CDT
    • I wonder what Sublime was thinking when they covered it.

Mike Gallows said:

I'd have to go with "I'm not a loser" by the Descendents. I sang the song with ALL in the 90's and just mumbled through the homophobic part. I've heard it was supposed to be tongue in cheek or some shit but it sounds pretty bad to me. :)

• March 29, 2013 2:11 PM CDT
    • Show #415: "Flower Songs"

Every 3 weeks I leave an open slot to do random themes and whatnot. This week's special theme is "Flower Songs" in celebration of Spring! Soon the flowers will be blooming and the weather will be getting nicer, and Eggman will be happier! So to celebrate the Springtime, I've gathered together all of my favorite psychedelic rock & pop songs of the 60's and 70's that are all about flowers! Tune in tonight to hear 3 hours of psychedelic flower songs by bands and artists like: Ultimate Spinach, The Turtles, The Mothers Of Invention, Sally Eaton, Those Guys, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, The Syn, The Zodiac, The Human Beinz, The Pasternak Progress, The Holy Mackerel, The Crystal Chandelier, The 23rd Turnoff, Central Park, Ash Ra Tempel, The Nice, Jefferson Handkerchief, Ananda Shankar, Big Jim Sullivan, The Move, The Breakers, Amon Duul II, The Tea Company, and many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Meta ... 6748511750
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• March 29, 2013 1:52 PM CDT
    • One of the first. Dave Marsh wrote the legendary article in Creem in 1971 about seeing Question Mark play in a small club , and he referred to the music as being Punk. I INTERVIEWED QUESTION MARK IN , i THINK IT WAS 1997 , AND HE TOLD ME , "People used to call us "Punks" , I said , "Don't call US Punks !" , because , to be a Punk meant to be , like , a hoodlum , and that would have kept us from getting shows. I understand , the music being called "Punk" , now , but , it's not like The Sex Pistols ,
       it's not VIOLENT !".

Johnny Lurg said:

I always thought that ? & the Mysterians were the first band to be called punk.

• March 29, 2013 1:29 PM CDT
    • I always thought that ? & the Mysterians were the first band to be called punk.

• March 29, 2013 12:14 PM CDT
    • Yah, it's a real time capsule! I need to finish it, too...

"Why don't You do something?" he asks that girl. Pretty funny...

John Battles said:

I just watched part of it. I love how that guy's bell bottoms are SO huge , when he crosses his legs , one knee gets caught in the other pant leg.

dave said:

Another interview-

The Ramones On EAUGTV -- 1978

• March 29, 2013 12:12 PM CDT
    • My pleasure, Mike! Don't be a stranger...

Mike said:

Thanks for posting that! Love Stiv's cameo at the end too.

dave said:

Another interview-

The Ramones On EAUGTV -- 1978

• March 29, 2013 1:44 PM CDT
    • I think , in fact , I know  , what Mitchhz was saying was that Surfin' Bird , by Wade Curtis , and Papa - Oo - Mao - Mao , by The Deviants , are still little known. Not The Trashmen's smash hit version of "Surfin' Bird".....which was put to better use in "Pink Flamingos" than on "Family Guy" , but , if it might mean The Trashmen will do a few more gigs this year , I don't have a problem with it.
      Johnny Lurg said:

Little known? Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen was a huge hit and is extremely well-known again due to overuse on Family Guy.

Mitchhz said:

Yeah well perhaps I souldn't have used the word 'originals'. There are no originals, there's always something that's come before! See for example this page about Misirlou: http://www.dinosaurgardens.com/archives/297. There was even a better one with videos embedded that I found some months ago but I can't find it any longer.

The legacy of the Rivingtons is huge. Papa-Oo-Mow-Mow (or Mama-Oo-Mow-Mow which is even better) and The Bird's the Word have inspired hundreds of fantastic songs, some of them little known like Surfin' Bird by Wade Curtiss or Papa-Oo-Mao-Mao by the Deviants.

But what I like is suddenly discovering that a song I was so familiar with had in fact an 'oroginal'. For example, I was so delighted when I finally got to hear the 'original' version of Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) or I Want Candy by the Strangeloves and not Bow-Wow-Wow...

• March 29, 2013 1:35 PM CDT
    • Little known? Surfin' Bird by The Trashmen was a huge hit and is extremely well-known again due to overuse on Family Guy.

Mitchhz said:

Yeah well perhaps I souldn't have used the word 'originals'. There are no originals, there's always something that's come before! See for example this page about Misirlou: http://www.dinosaurgardens.com/archives/297. There was even a better one with videos embedded that I found some months ago but I can't find it any longer.

The legacy of the Rivingtons is huge. Papa-Oo-Mow-Mow (or Mama-Oo-Mow-Mow which is even better) and The Bird's the Word have inspired hundreds of fantastic songs, some of them little known like Surfin' Bird by Wade Curtiss or Papa-Oo-Mao-Mao by the Deviants.

But what I like is suddenly discovering that a song I was so familiar with had in fact an 'oroginal'. For example, I was so delighted when I finally got to hear the 'original' version of Tainted Love (Gloria Jones) or I Want Candy by the Strangeloves and not Bow-Wow-Wow...

• March 29, 2013 1:23 PM CDT
    • Not contemporary, but you guys have all heard the killer version of 25 Cent doing "The Witch" (Sonics cover) ?  On one of the earliest Flying Nun 45s.  Girl punks from NZ who also supposedly did a 'live' cover of "Final Solution" by Ubu, but that was never recorded..

• March 29, 2013 6:13 AM CDT
    • Yes!  I can't believe I forgot about them.

Mike said:

Midnite Snaxxx

• March 29, 2013 1:23 PM CDT
    • I highly recommend "Cambodian Psych-Out" as Cambodia is (was) an especially underrated region. All of the musicians on it were killed by the Khmer Rouge.

• March 29, 2013 1:13 PM CDT
    • I was taking my daughter to see Taylor Swift (hoping there would be some good players in her band) .....Bieber (who I had never heard of) was playing support....I was truly stunned by just how crap he was......I am not just saying that........I was amazed when a few months later he was a huge 'star'..........

Oh yeah.......missed off of my "best" List......The Clash.......

John Battles said:

GO !!!!! GET OUTTA BIEBER'S , BABY , GO !!!! GET OUT THE FUCKIN' BIEBER'S SHOW - OH - OH !

BECAUSE HE SINGS LIKE SUCH A WHINER AND HE LOOKS JUST LIKE A WIENER , BABY , GET OUT OF BIEBER'S , BABY , GET OUT OF BIEBER'S CRAP SHOW !   (Tune of "Get Out of Denver".).                   

IF YOU HAD TO GO FOR A RELATIVE'S SAKE , MY SYMPATHIES.  

• March 29, 2013 10:46 AM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist, March 28th 2013. Canpunk From Ontario and Quebec Special

This is an all Canpunk special, starting in the 60's and moving forwards and covering Ontario and Quebec. We ran outta time long before we ran outta tunes on this one and we'll play some of the tunes we didn't get to on the next show. Also screwed up in this one way more than usual....LOL...it wouldn't be a Radio WW without a bunch of screwups!!!

1. The Ugly Ducklings...Nothin'...from the Somewhere Inside CD on Pacemaker. The Ducks recorded live on CHUM AM. Did you know that the guy running Pacemaker used to be a DJ on CHRW? Peter Burnside, who did a show back in the early days of CHRW.

2. The Ugly Ducklings...Just In Case You Wonder...my fave 7" by The Ducks and the first one i ever bought, back in 1968. There was a sale on at Sayvette (long defunct department store chain) and they had literally thousands of singles on sale for something like 10 for a buck. My mom let me pick out 10 and the Ducks single was one of them.

3. David Clayton Thomas with The Bossmen...Brainwashed...from the Made In Canada LP series. David went on to worldwide fame in Blood Sweat and Tears. Got to meet him when he was in London a coupla years back and he autographed several of my DCT records.

4. A Passing Fancy...I'm Losing Tonight...from the Ugly Pop 7" re-ish. Ya, i played this one last week and maybe the week before...it's a great song!!

5. Ronnie Hawkins...Who Do You Love?...from the Rockin' LP. That's The Band backing up Ronnie in this one, right before they went on to back up Bob Dylan.

6. The Scarlet Ribbon...4 In The Morning...from the After 4 compilation LP. After 4 was a teen show on CTV where they would have bands come on and play live (or was it lip synch). It was based out of Toronto and Ronnie Lane and the Disciples were their house band.  More trivia, The Scarlet Ribbon were actually The Quiet Jungle, a band that release a couple of Yorkville singles. Yorkville (Yorktown) Records were owned by ARC Records. A Canadian label responsible for releasing crappy cover type records (the hits performed by anonymous bands) that made it appear you were purchasing the more famous bands doing their hits. Make sense? From what i can figure, The Quiet Jungle were the house band for ARC Records as they recorded the Eddie Shack song (huge hit on CHUM AM in 1966) as well as a Christmas LP that has Snoopy on the cover. Supposedly the Christmas Snoopy LP has some really cool fuzz guitar on it.

7. The Quiet Jungle...Everything...from Nightmares From The Underworld. Nightmares was a 2 LP set put out by Andre Gibault, a huge fan of 60's garagepunk. He also wrote 2 books on Canadian records where there is an emphasis on the 60's garagepunk era.

8. The King Bees...Little Girl....from Infernal World Volume 2 compilation LP. The King Bees were from Belleville Ontario, between Toronto and Montreal. All of the bands prior to this were from Toronto and now we move east to Montreal, who had a HUGE 60's garagepunk scene.

9. The Haunted...1 2 5...original version on the AMY label. At a London record show in the late 80's, the former manager of The Haunted showed up and he had multiple copies of this record and the next one for sale....WW resident artist Dave Clarke and myself scooped up copies of these.

10. The Haunted...Mona...on the Jet Records label, this was the label of The Haunted's manager.

11. Les Miserables...Miserablement Votre....from Trans World Punk Rave Up Volume 2 compliation LP.

12. Les Belairs...Les Degonfles...from a cassette called Quebec The Psych/Punk Era 1965-1969. Got this cassette from Midnight Records many years ago...assume that JD Martignon probably had something to do with it.

13. Les Sinners...Nice Try...from Pebbles Volume 13. You may have heard The Gruesomes cover this song.

14. Bohemians...I Need You Baby...from Nightmares From The Underworld. Montreal had 2 distinct garagepunk scenes, an English and a French and rarely would the 2 cross paths. For a really good story on The Haunted, our pal Alex Taylor has an article in the latest Ugly Things on The Haunted and it delves into the time period with a fair bit of detail...it's recommended reading for Radio WW listeners.

15. Don Norman...Lowman...from a cassette compilation called Sir John A Records, put out by Alex Taylor. We've left Montreal and are stopping briefly in Ottawa for this song.

16. Satan and The D Men...She'll Lie....from the compilation LP, Winnipeg 1965-1966. Nope, Satan didn't come from Winnipeg, actually Kenora Ontario, way up north of Lake Superior. It was easier for Satan to record in Winnipeg than Toronto. This LP came out on Voxx Records, part of the Bomp Record empire of Greg Shaw.

17. Jim Ashby....Speed City....on Speed City Records and from sleepy London Ontario. We've left the 60's behind and we're into the desolate and boring early 70's. In my humble opinion, this is the best record to ever come out of London Ontario.

Jim Ashby playing at Call The Office, 4/21/2007

18. Simply Saucer....Electro Rock....from the Cyborgs Revisited LP. Recorded in the mid 70's, but wasn't released until the very late 80's. Thanx to The Mole for the work he did to get this one out! Simply Saucer were either 10 years behind their time or 20 years ahead. They pre-dated the punk movement and never did fit into it. And they still play out once in a blue moon.

Simply Saucer at Call The Office 6/19/2008. Only about a dozen to see this show.

19. Rough Trade...Butch...from the Rough Trade Live LP. They may not sound like anything else on this show, but Rough Trade helped spawn the Toronto punk scene with their black leather, S&M themes and stage show. Just listen to the lyrics of this song, it's all about a guy getting in shape so he could rape...totally fucked.

20. Teenage Head...Picture My Face...recorded live at The Spoke at Western University 2/18/81. It was played live over the airwaves of CHRW, profanity, slander and all! This was back in the days prior to CHRW appearing on cable and only a few of us could listen. I taped this live off the radio and parts of this recording have appeared on Teenage Head bootlegs. Teenage Head were the first of the so called punk bands from Ontario.

Gord Head and Mike Desadist at TAIH, Hamilton 1/20/10 for the Treat Me Like Dirt release party.

21. The Demics...Nervous Breakdown...from Slippery's Club Hits. The Demics were the first punk band from sleepy London Ontario.

22. The Regulators...Brainless Wonder...from Slippery's Club Hits. Another of the very first punk bands from London Ontario. The Regulators released one 7" on Ready Records.

23. The Bureaucrats...Grown Up Age...from a recent Ugly Pop Records 7" re-ish. Now we're in Ottawa, which had a fairly big late 70's punk scene.

24. The Action...TV's On The Blink....from the Slashing White Hot LP on Rave Up Records. The Action re-formed a coupla years back and did a few shows around.

25. Restless Virgins...Television Child...from one of their 2 singles. This features Jeb Bond, who later went onto one of our faves, The Evil Farm Children who broke up a year or so ago.

26. 222's....Academic Drop...from the She Wants Revenge LP on Rave Up Records. Now we're in Montreal, where 70's punk didn't catch on as much as the 60's garagepunk scene did. 

27. Electric Vomit...Boredom Abolishing...from a 7" and featured soon to be famous artist Rich Trembles who later showed up in American Devices.

28. The Viletones....Little Girl...from A Taste Of Honey CD, which collected a bunch of recordings from 1977. There's a big article on The Viletones in the latest Ugly Things where guitarist Freddy Pompeii is interviewed and several myths are destroyed.

29. The Poles...CN Tower...from their only 7". Avoid the LP they released around the same time unless it comes with the single, then destroy the LP and keep the single.

30. The Government...Flat Tire...from their second 7". One of my fave bands from the Toronto punk scene and only got to see them once, right before they packed it in. These guys were into video and television long before anyone else.

31. The Spys....Underground...recently released by Ugly Pop Records, the original single came with 2 different sleeves. From Windsor Ontario and renamed themselves The Nelsons and gave handfulls of these singles away at a show at The Cedar Lounge many years ago.

32. Deja Voodoo....Big Scary Daddy....from the Cemetery LP. We've moved to the early 80's and Deja Voodoo were a major influence on the Canadian alternative music scene for most of the 80's. They formed their own record label, OG Records which released 5 volumes of the It Came From Canada series, as well as releasing records by The Gruesomes, UIC, Dik Van Dykes and many more. Many of these records reached the top of the Canadian college radio system. They packed it in in 1990 when CD's were starting to take over and they reached their best before date of 30 years old.

Deja Voodoo looking cool, outside WW HQ's fall 1984.

33. UIC...Shamrock Bang....from Slippery's Club Hits. UIC came out of Exeter Ontario, just north of sleepy London Ontario and didn't really sound like anybody else. They were high energy rock'n'roll and loved by the punks, the hardcore kids, the garageheads and anyone else who appreciated a really good rock'n'roll band.

Dan of UIC...yep, the negative is flipped as Dan is a lefty.

34, Flying Squad...Godzilla...from Slippery's Club Hits...from London Ontario and hated by as many as loved UIC. Flying Squad had a secret weapon in Tim Murphy who specialized in facial antics while he sang. It drove most people out the door, yet Tim could sing with the best of them. They were a band either 5 years behind the times or 10 years ahead and people either loved or hated them!. We were in the former camp and saw them countless times at local venues. Biker rock at it's best!

Tim Murphy of The Flying Squad in action at Key West Cafe, London Ontario.

35. Legend Killers...Strychnine...from Slippery's Club Hits...again from sleepy London Ontario, these guys put on some killer shows in their early days and released a 7" called Better Than Hammerin' (on WW Records). They are the only band to ever appear on every WW compilation cassette and record!

Legend Killers promo shot, 1989.

36.The Gruesomes...The Witch...from their first LP, Tyrants Of Teen Trash, originally on OG Records and just re-ished on Groovie Records outta Greece. The number one garagepunk combo from Canada in the 80's. These guys played London many many times and stayed at WW HQ's every time, eating all our junk food and watching way too much TV.

37. The Purple Toads...Gonna Have A Good Time...from their first LP on Star Records and they are from Oshawa. These guys always put on an entertaining show and kept the alcohol industry in business during their tenure.  They released one other LP and they are supposed to be re-uniting in the very near future.

The Purple Toads used for an ad. The Cheque is in the mail.

38. Dik Van Dykes...Roadwarrior...from the Nobody Likes...LP on OG records. This one goes out to anyone driving on the 401 as 'I'm the fucking asshole behind you on the 401..." For those not from this area,the 401 is the major highway that runs east west from Windsor to Montreal. Dik Van Dykes were the challenged band from Hamilton Ontario and proved that challenged is way better than being smart.

The Dik Van Dykes backup singers, The Pop Tarts.

39. Leather Uppers...She Digs Death....from a 7" they released. 2 piece combo outta Toronto that would re-surface up until a couple of years ago. They are the only band to be asked not to return for a second night of a weekend at the Brunswick Hotel in sleepy London. The Brunswick was the dive hotel where just about anyone could play, but the Leather Uppers were ahead of their time and not appreciated by the hotel management. I've got a live tape of part of their first set from that night....LOL...

Holy crap Batman, outta time....hope you enjoyed this 2.5 hour marathon of Canpunk from Ontario and Quebec. We'll play some more of this next week along with some new material that arrived this week...thanx for all the phone-ins (some to tell me i'm screwing up...LOL), emails, messages, request etc....All pictures copywrite WW Archives, please ask before using.

Here's a link to the podcast:

http://chrwradio.ca/content/radio-what-wave#prev-shows

and the last hour, should be listed on The Freakout's page on the CHRW website.

• March 29, 2013 7:13 AM CDT
    • I just heard about this last month! It looks incredibly awesome!

http://recordcollectornews.com/2013/02/pushin-too-hard/

Pushin’ Too Hard, a long form documentary about seminal garage band The Seeds, directed by Neil Norman and produced by Alec Palao for the Crescendo Production Company, is scheduled for theatrical and DVD release later this year.

Norman has filmed and recorded all the original Seeds — drummer Rick Andridge, guitarist Jan Savage, Daryl Hooper, their keyboardist and singer/lyricist/ dancer Sky Saxon — from a variety of film, video and audio source tapes.

Also included are clips from interviews with Mark Weitz of the Strawberry Alarm Clock, Johnny Echols from Love, producer Kim Fowley, and Richard France, a roadie from their heyday.

Also taped were interviews with Sky’s brother Robert Marsh and sister Mary Ann Marsh, who revealed reminisced about growing up together in Salt Lake City, Utah, under his birth name, Richard Elvern Marsh.