Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• January 8, 2013 6:44 AM CST
    • I am a music journalist and an old London Punk Rocker from the '70s.

My main website is Indie Bands Blog and I am always interested in hearing from bands about their music.

• January 8, 2013 4:29 AM CST
    • We found the song!  It is, indeed, called "Fast Attack" by a Connecticut band called the Hangmen.  It is on this out of print record called Towers of New London vol. 1 (thank you, gut fish for tipping us off that this was a New London band).  We just ordered the lp and will upload to soulseek once we get it. 

We heard it on my friend's radio program cassette archive from WRTC in Hartford.

• January 7, 2013 11:26 PM CST
    • My copy is a CD reissue. I forget what label it's on (I'm too tired to look on the shelf and see!) but I'm guessing Fallout. Legal? Can't say.

John Battles said:

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD DEMIAN'S ALBUM , THOUGH , I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS EVER LEGALLY REISSUED. COLLECTIBLES MIGHT HAVE A CRAP - SOUNDING CD. I DON'T LISTEN TO IT AS MUCH AS THE BUBBLE PUPPY LP ( I SCORED AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE  DEMIAN LP AT THE OLD RECORD EXCHANGE ON MORSE , A DUSTY , DIRTY USED RECORD STORE JAMES AND I USED TO FREQUENT , PRESIDED OVER BY A CAT NAMED CHARLIE WHO MUST HAVE WEIGHED 40 POUNDS.)......ACTUALLY , MY FAVORITES ARE THE SINGLES , PARTICULARLY "Thinkin' about Thinkin'". they did anothe ralbum , in the late 70's , under another name (I'm forgetting , now.) and one in the 80's as Bubble Puppy again (Which , I read recently , is only rumored to exist. My copy is'nt some hallucination.)

Bubble Puppy probably fall under that category of  Bands that were'nt considered cool to like for a long time , but   , are , now , like Iron Butterfly , Black Oak Arkansas, Brownsville Station , etc.

James Porter said:

Well, getting back to the topic (sorta)...

I think Demian's album was better than the Bubble Puppy's.
      And yes, I know it's the same four guys on both LPs.
      As much as I love Bubble Puppy's "Hot Smoke & Sassafrass" (and the B-side, "Lonely"), I think Demian has the edge.

• January 7, 2013 2:17 PM CST
    • I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD DEMIAN'S ALBUM , THOUGH , I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS EVER LEGALLY REISSUED. COLLECTIBLES MIGHT HAVE A CRAP - SOUNDING CD. I DON'T LISTEN TO IT AS MUCH AS THE BUBBLE PUPPY LP ( I SCORED AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE  DEMIAN LP AT THE OLD RECORD EXCHANGE ON MORSE , A DUSTY , DIRTY USED RECORD STORE JAMES AND I USED TO FREQUENT , PRESIDED OVER BY A CAT NAMED CHARLIE WHO MUST HAVE WEIGHED 40 POUNDS.)......ACTUALLY , MY FAVORITES ARE THE SINGLES , PARTICULARLY "Thinkin' about Thinkin'". they did anothe ralbum , in the late 70's , under another name (I'm forgetting , now.) and one in the 80's as Bubble Puppy again (Which , I read recently , is only rumored to exist. My copy is'nt some hallucination.)

Bubble Puppy probably fall under that category of  Bands that were'nt considered cool to like for a long time , but   , are , now , like Iron Butterfly , Black Oak Arkansas, Brownsville Station , etc.

James Porter said:

Well, getting back to the topic (sorta)...

I think Demian's album was better than the Bubble Puppy's.
      And yes, I know it's the same four guys on both LPs.
      As much as I love Bubble Puppy's "Hot Smoke & Sassafrass" (and the B-side, "Lonely"), I think Demian has the edge.

• January 7, 2013 7:27 AM CST
    • right on.

dave said:

I can't stand old bands getting back together. A few exceptions (urinals, sonics, monks), but generally it's just a sad attempt to make a few bucks in the autumn years. S'ry.

• January 7, 2013 11:23 PM CST
    • Any places that stock it in Brooklyn? I've been checking it out online but I'd love to know if there's a place to grab a copy locally, if possible.

• January 7, 2013 11:18 PM CST
    • Any new info on this? Are there any new garage/fuzz festivals that have popped up in the last five years since this board started?

• January 7, 2013 10:06 PM CST
    • PONDEROSA  STOMP.

• January 7, 2013 9:59 PM CST
    • Many years later.....IF IT'S ANY HELP....THE PENDLETONS REALLY NEVER PUT THAT MUCH STUFF OUT. THEIR CD CAME OUT EONS AFTER IT WAS RECORDED . I HAVE 3 OR 4 SINGLES, MAYBE.....THEIR LIVE ALBUM ONLY CAME OUT A FEW YEARS AGO. NEVER HEARD OF A 7" WITH THAT SONG , AND THEIR ONE CD WAS RECORDED YEARS BEFORE THE MOVIE.

• January 7, 2013 9:42 PM CST
    • i was thinking about that "Gang" on Pebbles and Bam Bam. Remind me of The Deviants.

• January 7, 2013 9:06 PM CST
    • Very cool lists, links and vid collections, makes me think 2012 was not so bad after all and garagepunk is far from dead! Thanks everybody, i found A few new cool bands here.

Chaz

• January 7, 2013 4:38 PM CST
    • Why do you hate to say it? Surely it's better that newer bands have made the best records last year. 

Josh Hutto said:

So I have had a couple of beers, and I have gone thru some of the records I enjoyed the most this year, and I hate to say it... but most of them are from newer bands. I mean, a lot of good records came out this year from some young kids that blew some of the older bands out of the water.

FIDLAR - ALL The EPs they had this year, all the single releases... I have had the chance to hear the new record and it is still enough garage punk surf to make your mouth melt.

Ty has been pumping shit out this year, and we all know that everything he did this year was great.

The Tough Shits?

Shannon and The Clams

Warm Soda

The Orwells? (I know Pitchfork kind of just creamed themselves about those guys)

Cool Ghouls

Straight Arrows

The Babies

White Laces (More Towards the post punk side)

Cold Showers (Also More Towards the post punk/Goth Side)

The Soft Moon

Gotta give it up for the guys in Tyvek and the new record...

Gotta give it up from the guy in Lace Curtains

The list would just get longer and longer, but I feel that is enough to kind of get the gist of were I was this year...

Oh, and The Get Wets - My home town heros...

• January 7, 2013 4:16 PM CST
    • Come on over and listen to our best of 2012 show, it'll save me typing the songs out! It's a mixture of new releases and older bits we bought last year. You can find it here.

• January 7, 2013 3:42 PM CST
    • Joe , It's OK , i COULD TELL THAT YOU WERE QUOTING A REVIEW OR A PRESS KIT. I did'nt take it as a stab , on your part , against the group. But , when people take shots at BC , not knowing what they went thru , later in life , I say , quote , dig this , boys ,

"  000000000000000000000000000000    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO     000000000000000   WOOOOOOO OOOOOOO 0000000000OOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ". YOU KNOW WHAT i'M TALKIN' ABOUT.

Joe said:

I should clarify that those are the band's words, not mine (Blue Cheer is swell!)  Atomic Suplex does a cover of "Summertime Blues" on their new EP, so I think it's a tongue-in-cheek reference. 

John Battles said:

Nobody told Blue Cheer how to play a Rock'n'Roll song , not even when they were two men in their sixties and one in his fifties , criss-crossing the map in a white van , sometimes to play for 50 people , but, I'll check this out .

• January 7, 2013 3:24 PM CST
    • Terrific compilation!  Personal favorite:  A Giant Dog - I was totally unfamiliar with them, but their tune is amazing.

AFS73 said:

Lots of great records released in 2012, check it out my video of the best LP's of 2012:  http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9600625/

• January 7, 2013 3:08 PM CST
    • I should clarify that those are the band's words, not mine (Blue Cheer is swell!)  Atomic Suplex does a cover of "Summertime Blues" on their new EP, so I think it's a tongue-in-cheek reference. 

John Battles said:

Nobody told Blue Cheer how to play a Rock'n'Roll song , not even when they were two men in their sixties and one in his fifties , criss-crossing the map in a white van , sometimes to play for 50 people , but, I'll check this out .

• January 7, 2013 11:29 AM CST
    • Im really digging this band from scotland Deneuralyzer the organ is supersick check em out on soundcloud http://snd.sc/WoUKAn

• January 7, 2013 3:21 PM CST
    • I remember seeing a news article about the pistols the same yr charlie chaplin died at christmas. I was curious. I already was kinda drawn to greasy sounding country and rawk and always liked hearing something new. I just listened to everything I could get my hands on. I had a paper route and could buy music whenever I wanted and I was 11. I lived next to an Indian reservation and some of the kids had been fostered in Winnipeg and a few came back all punked out.  When I was 13 in 79 I went away to summer camp and the worm turned. I went back to my little farm town on the prairies. New things were going on for me but not so much everyone else. I began an adventurous journey thru life that was strengthening and full of good friends and much love and passion. I took endless razzing and ghad alot of violence and abuse hurled my way by mindless redneck cunts. But I remained. I rocked. I am shaped by both the good and the bad that punk brought to me. 

• January 7, 2013 2:48 PM CST
    • I remember seeing a news article about the pistols the same yr charlie chaplin died at christmas. I was curious. I already was kinda drawn to greasy sounding country and rawk and always liked hearing something new. I just listened to everything I could get my hands on. I had a paper route and could buy music whenever I wanted and I was 11. I lived next to an Indian reservation and some of the kids had been fostered in Winnipeg and a few came back all punked out.  When I was 13 in 79 I went away to summer camp and the worm turned. I went back to my little farm town on the prairies. New things were going on for me but not so much everyone else. I began an adventurous journey thru life that was strengthening and full of good friends and much love and passion. I took endless razzing and ghad alot of violence and abuse hurled my way by mindless redneck cunts. But I remained. I rocked. I am shaped by both the good and the bad that punk brought to me. 

• January 7, 2013 3:19 PM CST
    • Cool, thanks! 

It sounds like it was quite the place. I am sorry I never heard about it. 

But, that is the way of the cool underground venue, right? 

ChemoMonk said:

• January 7, 2013 1:58 PM CST
    • It's all right....We're here for you.  Sorry , I just felt like saying that.....

I don't know if I ever missed any shows because I had school the next day. The only shows I could get into , in my teens , were usually on weekends and not very late ,anyway.

The Ramones were very good about doing all ages  shows when the concept of an all ages show or venue virtually did'nt exist.

Juillian Bongor said:

missed the ramones in london. had school next day so parents didnt let me go

• January 7, 2013 11:37 AM CST
    • missed the ramones in london. had school next day so parents didnt let me go