Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• November 29, 2012 6:01 PM CST
    • On a roll today. This is just lovely

• November 29, 2012 5:55 PM CST
    • I guess you guys over the pond know these guys pretty well already. Just found'em. A very dear friend turned me on to them. Stunning!

• November 29, 2012 11:37 AM CST
    • Kavus is god. Ex members of the wonderful Cardiacs. Totally eccentric and just the right side of psyche and prog. Enjoy

• November 28, 2012 2:49 PM CST
    • With a big stick hopefully, hehe

KK Dirty Money & Las Drogas said:

Jake Bugg: sure beats Justin Beiber!

• November 28, 2012 2:31 PM CST
    • Jake Bugg: sure beats Justin Beiber!

• November 28, 2012 2:26 PM CST
    • Hey, a Fall-Outs fan, cool! They don't get near the attention that they deserve. A sound that no other 'garage-band' had. You may like the Kent 3 (on SuperElectro) as well.

Dead Boy said:

The Fall-Outs did awesome cover!

MP3 sample 
      Axel Björnsson said:

I was never buying The Easybeats , had just listen to their hit friday on my mind. but then I found the lp in my mothers collection and checked it out. danm this song is awesome. 

• November 28, 2012 10:41 AM CST
    • I just thought you (or, someone) may be interested in a cover version.  You could ignore my comment.

Axel Björnsson said:

I prefier the orginal why is line going over my letters??

• November 28, 2012 6:01 AM CST
    • And you're very welcome, fraulein. If you think the Quarrymen's first gig was when they were 14. Look what they developed into.

Tersicore said:

I´m with you.

Andy Climax said:

Jake Bugg's out on tour with Noel Gallacher (Oasis) just now, and getting a hell'ova time. Loved one minute, slated the next. The problem here is indeed age and the music he's doing. Like there's an age limit on writing folk and blues??? The critics over here need to 'get a fucking grip!' He still has the difficult 2nd album to go through. The critically acclamed 3rd. The being seen out with Scarlett Johannsen rumours, the first solo tour, the last tour, the 'well we thought the last tour was my last tour' gigs all to go with yet. Give the guy some space to develop for fuck sake! If age has any bearing then i have 2 words to say.... 'Arctic Monkeys' Still throwin out classic Rock'n'Roll and started at the tender age of 16

• November 28, 2012 4:54 AM CST
    • I´m with you.

Andy Climax said:

Jake Bugg's out on tour with Noel Gallacher (Oasis) just now, and getting a hell'ova time. Loved one minute, slated the next. The problem here is indeed age and the music he's doing. Like there's an age limit on writing folk and blues??? The critics over here need to 'get a fucking grip!' He still has the difficult 2nd album to go through. The critically acclamed 3rd. The being seen out with Scarlett Johannsen rumours, the first solo tour, the last tour, the 'well we thought the last tour was my last tour' gigs all to go with yet. Give the guy some space to develop for fuck sake! If age has any bearing then i have 2 words to say.... 'Arctic Monkeys' Still throwin out classic Rock'n'Roll and started at the tender age of 16

• November 29, 2012 5:40 PM CST
    • "River Ran Dry" Reverend Horton Heat. Used to be a staple in his live act , but , was'nt releases for well over 20 years after it was first performed. He actually added a verse to make it longer , but , it basically consisted of a verse repeated twce , a connecting phrase , a short guitar solo , and a cloud of smoke. 

• November 29, 2012 3:10 PM CST
    • May I suggest the Bobbyteens excellent 1996 single Firecracker (1 min 16 sec) b/w Hey Roxy (1 min 08 sec). Fuckin' ace!

• November 29, 2012 5:17 PM CST
    • Park Avenue Playground - The Trip
      The Sonics - Boss Hoss or Have Love Will Travel

• November 29, 2012 1:30 PM CST
    • Hey, anyone got the lyrics of "strong come on" by the Oblivians? I need it to play it with my school orchestra. We want to shock everybody! Thanx for your help.

• November 29, 2012 12:46 PM CST
    • I even wonder how they make their nominations, especially with Chic & Public Enemy being two of them.

John Carlucci said:

Based on the above list I'd vote for:

• Albert King
      • Joan Jett
      • Deep Purple
      • Paul Butterfield
      • The Marelettes

• November 28, 2012 8:15 PM CST
    • Based on the above list I'd vote for:

• Albert King
      • Joan Jett
      • Deep Purple
      • Paul Butterfield
      • The Marelettes

• November 28, 2012 6:56 PM CST
    • Fun and some of the ones who have been kicked out are ones I quite agree with. Madonna, like I've said, is just cruise ship fodder. Likewise Abba. Some of the hip-hop artists have been kicked out for the simple reason that hip-hop should have it's seperate hall of fame (It's big enough in its own right to warrant one, isn't it?). 

I'm not sure about Crass being inducted into the RRRHoF, as Penny Rimbaud openly said they were more influenced by the avant-garde than rock'n'roll. Then, I bet they'd be sceptical of it too.

I bet one of our nominations would be inducted by Mojo Workout for 2013 and the corporate one's are nowhere alike. Without more ado, here are the nominations for 2013:

Not very likely The Sonics or Joe Meek'll be inducted this year.
      The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

About the Rock'n'Roll of Fame, you could check this :

http://mojoworkout.realpunkradio.com/real-rock-n-roll-hall-of-fame

Our fellows from Mojo Workout on RPR have done the fun job of flushing out the inductees that shouldn't have been inducted in their opinion; then inducted some that should have been inducted ! 

Pretty fun !

• November 28, 2012 6:38 PM CST
    • YEAH , THE VELVETS ARE IN THE "REAL " HALL , AS I RECALL. bUT , I'VE NEVER SEEN A LIST OF EVRYBODY IN IT. I'm sure I would want to see at least half of them in the Hall , too. They can even use the front door. Heads first.

• November 28, 2012 2:34 PM CST
    • Yeah, John,

• The Cramps! Whew, such a brain-warping influence!
      • Link Wray
      • Hasil Adkins
      • The Remains
      • Dictators
      • Music Machine
      • Crime
      • Chocolate Watchband
      • The Mummies (hell, yeah, why not?)
      • Have the Velvet Underground made it in yet?
      • NY Dolls
      • Love

• November 28, 2012 1:39 AM CST
    • In no particular order & I can't stop at ten!

• The Troggs
      • Pretty Things
      • NY Dolls
      • Cramps
      • Dead Boys
      • Slade
      • X
      • The Blasters
      • T Rex
      • Roxy Music
      • Television
      • Modern Lovers
      • Thin Lizzy
      • The Dictators
      • Shangri La's
      • The Music Machine
      • The Raspberries
      • Sweet
      • Screaming Lord Sutch
      • Screaming Jay Hawkins
      • The Replacements

• November 28, 2012 11:20 PM CST
    • I only really dig a few songs by the fuzztones, this being one of them. I mean, if the ramones rip off your music video (psychotherapy), you've gotta be doing something right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htjrlGMnsJY

• November 28, 2012 6:47 PM CST
    • I started my station www.podunkradio.com 2 years ago as a hobby (a very, very involved hobby) that features unsigned independent bands as well as small underground punk labels. 

there are many ways to go about starting your own station and many factors to consider before diving into it. After a few months of trying to host out of my home i quickly realized that i needed more bandwidth. There are a ton of companies out there offering radio hosting packages - do your homework and pick a plan that is right for you. START SMALL!!!

If you intend to play commercial grade music plan on losing your ass trying to pay all the royalties companies that will eventually come at you with their hands out. 

i tend to stick strictly to music that bands and labels send to me and give explicit permission to air the tracks royalty free (in an effort to build more buzz for the band - you know like radio used to be - a mutually beneficial relationship)

the hosting company i use is great - in two years i have only experienced downtime once and that was resolved in less that 20 minutes. The plan i am on offers unlimited bandwidth, a huge amount of storage, free auto dj and time slot scheduling as well as free web hosting  not to mention that they offer me perks for being a long time subscriber that pays on time every month. i have an option that allows for my DJs to activate and deactivate the auto-dj so they can take over and roll live shows. it's all pretty damn sweet. and time consuming. - lol. foraging into the world of station ownership is not for the weak or easily distracted. Be prepared to devote your time to it.

i'll be more than happy to offer advice or assist any of you in any way that i can. just drop me a line a jacks.insanity@podunkradio.com 

ji*

podunkradio.com

• November 28, 2012 2:59 AM CST
    • Tommy has a weekly live show on Real Punk Radio. 

kopper said:

What station are you on, Tommy?

$10.95/mo. sounds like a pretty decent deal.

Tommy Unit said:

you can get a 50 listener Shoutcast server (128 Kbps and a 24/7 auto DJ) for $10.95 per month here. http://makeavoice.com/shoutcast/index.php

We use it for the station where I broadcast LIVE, every Tuesday night!

• November 28, 2012 11:19 AM CST
    • Yay! Congrats, love to hear it, any chance of a sample? Used the Princeton live for the first time last night. Still happy :-)