Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• October 21, 2012 1:48 PM CDT
    • Ok, too easy..

• October 21, 2012 1:44 PM CDT
    • PORK #8 HAS BEEN OUT FOR A LITTLE BIT. INTERVIEWS WITH THEE CORMANS, SLUTEVER, WHITE MYSTERY & ARTISTS. JASON KARN AKA FUKITOR, SKINNER & JEFF LAMM. FIND IT IN THE COOLEST SHOPS IN YOUR TOWN.

• October 21, 2012 1:00 PM CDT
    • The Benders - Can't Tame Me (60's Garage Punk)

• October 21, 2012 11:57 AM CDT
    • The Shadows - In The Mood

17 April 1967; live in the Australian Bandstand; ......... Entity:  Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society Content Type:  Musical Composition

• October 21, 2012 7:02 AM CDT
    • How do you feel today? Tell it with a tune! I feel pretty much alright myself..

• October 21, 2012 9:54 AM CDT
    • THIS IS NORTHERN SOUL (1 OF 4) CLASSIC GRAPEVINE COMPILATION 1980

• October 21, 2012 7:52 AM CDT
    • And take that SS uniform wearing lunatic Stanshall with you as well!!!

John Battles said:

"MOON !!   MOONIE !!!!   COME ON , MAN , I'M TRYIN' TO NOD OUT OVER HERE. GO WRECK SOME OTHER ROOM. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

• October 20, 2012 11:58 AM CDT
    • Hell yeeaaah:)

• October 20, 2012 4:39 PM CDT
    • That King Khan and the Shrines video is awesome!

First one is technically part of a whole movie that involves a Guitar Wolf drinking game, but still counts:

• October 20, 2012 4:17 PM CDT
    • I  usually think Rollins can come off pretty douchey and pretentious...but I found myself nodding along in agreement to this whole segment of his

John Battles said:

I remembered seeing this a long time ago. And I still agree. It was weird hearing "What Do I GET" OR "Blitzkrieg Bop" in a beer commercial the first time , but, so what?
       Punk Rock does'nt pay old age pension , much less , Medical insurance, so , if those people who were fortunate enough to not be Dee Dee , Joey and Johnny Ramone and drop off and die when the checks started coming in , and are making some of the money their labels and publishers denied them , I can handle hearing it in a commercial. It's about creative placement of songs , not enticing fans. How many people even know this stuff ? The average Joe knows a handfull of Ramones songs , but , The Stooges , the monks , or Link Wray? I don't think so. Most jockboys would'nt know what you were talking about if you mentioned "Rock'n'Roll Pt. 2", and they've heard it more times than we have .

I hear The Clash , The Ramones , and Sweet in my local supermarket , now , and I don't have a problem with that.
      kopper said:

Exactly.

Alison said:

Selling out means changing your sound/vibe/look/ethos in order to please the masses and get more attention and make more money.

• October 20, 2012 2:08 PM CDT
    • woops i remember posting a discussion about the definition of ''selling out '' a  while ago,the discussion turned sour  and it was finnally closed.:( The Remains...kept it ''small''if i may dare to say while they deserved the top cos they are heroes!I read that it was poor decision making of them  that they split due to abuse of substances.But who knows if it wasnt for artistic reasons?Cos ,when you write 21 songs that are ALL hits...maybe you gave it all...i dont know.

• October 20, 2012 2:47 PM CDT
    • Playlist 10/20/12

Mutants  Monster of Love 
      Roky Erickson and the Explosives  Bloody Hammer 
      Drop Outs  Night of the Phantom 
      Forbidden Dimension  Corpus Earthling 
      Persian Claws  Ghostified 
      Maggots  King of the Freaks 
      Incredible Staggers  Zombies of Love 
      Wild Evel and the Trashbones  It's A Monster 
      Cramps  TV Set 
      Dead Moon  Dead Moon Night 
      Fuzztones  Jack The Ripper 
      Chaz Daddy  I'm Your Frankenstein 
      Lillingtons  Zombies 
      Dickies  Attack of the Mole Men 
      Angry Samoans  Attack of the Mushroom People 
      Groovie Ghoulies  She's My Vampire Girl 
      Bob McFadden and Dor  The Mummy 
      Parry Grip  Sasquatch 
      Steeleye Span  Allison Gross 
      Delmonas  Black Ludella 
      Damned  Nasty 
      Misfits  20 Eyes 
      Toy Dolls  Spiders in the Dressing Room 
      Vibrators  Wolfman Howl 
      Improbables  Angels With Batwings 
      Hoodoo Gurus  Death Ship 
      Screaming Tribesmen  Date With A Vampyre 
      Fleshtones  Screaming Skull 
      Deadbolt  The Meat 
      Nevermores  Tell Tale Heart 
      Electric Mess  He Looks Like A Psycho 
      Palmyra Delran  You're My Brian Jones 
      Redd Kross  Stay Away From Downtown 
      Thee Oh Sees  Flood's New Light 
      Bob Mould  The Descent 
      Fergus & Geronimo  No Parties 
      Brian Wilson Shock Treatment  Nervous Breakdown 
      Godfathers  Gone To Texas 

• October 20, 2012 6:25 AM CDT
    • On Saturday October 20th, from 1:00-3:00PM EST, it will be time for my annual garage-punk pre-Halloween radio special. You can listen on 89.7 WITR-FM in Rochester, NY or streaming live at http://witr.rit.edu

• October 20, 2012 1:31 PM CDT
    • Thanks for the great link, started to listen to peelie mid seventies on bfbs germany.

he was the bringer of good music to me and formed my musical future.

got about 200 music tapes of the shows between 1980 and 1985.

sadly i cut out the spoken parts to fit a show on a c90 tape, shame on me.

• October 20, 2012 12:16 PM CDT
    • SEXY GRACE POTTER (NOCTURNALS)

• October 20, 2012 12:14 PM CDT
    • P J HARVEY :)

• October 20, 2012 12:06 PM CDT
    • CHELSEA WOLFE:)

• October 20, 2012 12:05 PM CDT
    • RIP AMY:(:(

• October 20, 2012 12:03 PM CDT
    • I'm a lot into Lana Del Ray at the moment.....let her RIDE:):)!!!

• October 20, 2012 12:09 PM CDT
    • The Hollies ~Mighhty Quinn (1969)

• October 19, 2012 6:59 PM CDT
    • Len Price 3!

Check out their album Rentacrowd for starters, and check out their live shows!

• October 19, 2012 6:07 PM CDT
    • Radio What Wave Playlist Oct 18/2012

The continuing saga of the Graphics Underground London 1977-1990 story as we play only London Ontario bands from about 1978 to 1990. The Graphics Underground show happens the weekend of Oct 26th, with the art show opening on friday and the party at Call The Office on Saturday Oct 27th...Uranus, The Zellots, NFG and The Enemas re-uniting for one night only.

We were given the go ahead to start about 20m early, so we played the first 4 songs from the about to be released cassette, Slippery's Club Hits, which comes with What Wave #24 which will be released Oct 26th...

1. 63 Monroe...At The Boot...recorded at the Cedar Lounge, Easter 1980. This song is a celebration of the good times we had at the Cedar Lounge.

2. The Stoves...Slow Down...recorded live at the Cedar Lounge, May 1979.

3. Uranus...Motorbikin'...live to air from CFNY May 1980.

4. Spiral Scratch...Still Rockin'...recorded live at the Cedar Lounge fall 1981.

And here's where we start our regular show.....right around 6PM so the faithful few can listen to my usual fuckups on the radio....

5. Peter Tangredi... Life Is A Passion....from The Demics Covers CD that came out in 1998. A song that tells what reality was like back in the late 70's...fucking aerosmith, foghat, pink floyd and worse ruled what passed for radio back then. You couldn't walk down the street looking like a punker without being verbally and/or physically hassled. Shouts of 'Hey Devo' were expected...why Devo? I have no fucking clue, but that's probably all the rockers could comprehend for the music we dug. Now anyone can walk down the street with a pink mohawk, stud covered leather jacket and facial tattoos and no one will give you a second look....

6. Legend Killers...Beg...demo from 1986 not long after they first started. The only band to appear on EVERY compilation we've ever released...something like 11 cassettes, a 7" EP and 2 LP's. And this is why!

7. Legend Killers...Stepping Stone...as above.

8. Legend Killers...You'll Get Yours...from the Better Than Hammerin' EP that came out in 1989 on What Wave Records.

9. Legend Killers...Baby Sitter...from a CD they released when they reformed about 10 years ago where they collected a bunch of songs they released over the years.

10. UIC...New Rose...recorded live at Call The Office 3/16/85. You can find some of the songs from this gig up on youtube...you might see a younger version of me dancing up front by the stage.

11. UIC...Our Garage...title song from this LP from 1986 on Fringe Records.

12. UIC...Pushed Into The Hole...from the 1989 Wiseman Sessions that were issued in an extremely limited edition many years ago. Someday they may come out on vinyl...

13. UIC...Green Lady...from the 1989 LP, Live Like 90 on OG Records.

14. The Zellots...On The Dole...recorded early 80's at the Kent Hotel in Kitchener Ontario. Probably recorded by Peter Moore, the big name producer who presently does all kinds of mastering, TV documentaries, producing, etc....

15. The Zellots...Blades...from the Japanese CD, You Only Get 1 Shot At The Big Time...on Wizzard in Vinyl in 2006.

16. The Zellots...Let's Play House...recorded live at The Cedar Lounge 8/17/81 for a wedding.

17. Crash 80's...Waiting For The Heat...only 7" this band ever released...1980.

18. Regulators...What's In The City...from their only 7" on Ready Records. For Jeff Morritt, singer/guitarist who passed away recently.

19. Regulators...Sherry Share It...recorded live at the Polish Hall 11/2/79. The Polish Hall was used and abused at many gigs in the early days of the London punk rock days.

20. Second Thoughts...Wound Up...from their one and only 7" 1980.

21. Finks...Can't Say No...from their only single, mid 80's. These guys actually got airplay on CKSL AM here in London....something that just doesn't happen to indy bands...ever!!

22. Redline...Brand New Cadillac...recorded live at Fryfogles June 1983. Fryfogles jumped onto the new wave/punk band wagon fairly early, entertaining artists like The Stranglers, DOA, Bopcats, John Cale, Panther Burns, 999, Vice Squad, The Professionals and many many more.

23. The Stoves...So You Say...recorded live at The Cedar Lounge May 1979.

24. The Stoves...Just My Style....as above.

25. Radio 4...We Are The Architects...from a basement recording...early 80's.

26. Sheep Look Up....Burning...from their first release, a cassette from 1983.

The saga continues on Tuesday Oct 23rd at 3:30 PM as we do yet another special on London's early punk/new wave/whatever scene...on CHRW 94.9FM. Then we continue again next thursday at the usual time.

Thanx for all the call-ins on this show!! And remember, next week is fund raising week here at CHRW so please pledge some $ to help us purchase new studio equipment....

Here's the podcasts:

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1800.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1830.mp3

http://chrwradio.com/podcasts/94-9CHRWThu1900.mp3