• October 17, 2012 4:16 PM CDT
    • If we're just talking the last ten years I would say

Mark Sultan

Jay Reatard

Justin Nobunny

Gentleman Jesse Smith

Bobby Ubangi

• October 17, 2012 3:29 PM CDT
    • The Black Lips definitely seemed to have influenced alot of bands when they first came out....maybe a little too much!!!

• October 17, 2012 2:20 PM CDT
    • The delegation from Rogers Park is in agreement.

Leighton Koizumi said:

Jay Retard for me isn't really Garage Punk . . . "over rated"  . . ..

• October 17, 2012 9:56 AM CDT
    • Mark Sultan. Tragically underappreciated though.

• October 17, 2012 2:38 PM CDT
    • LOL!!

John Battles said:

"MOON !!   MOONIE !!!!   COME ON , MAN , I'M TRYIN' TO NOD OUT OVER HERE. GO WRECK SOME OTHER ROOM. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

• October 17, 2012 2:17 PM CDT
    • "MOON !!   MOONIE !!!!   COME ON , MAN , I'M TRYIN' TO NOD OUT OVER HERE. GO WRECK SOME OTHER ROOM. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ".

• October 17, 2012 1:47 PM CDT
    • I'd party with them!

• October 17, 2012 2:32 PM CDT
    •  I hate to admit , I never really followed him  , because the local Rockabilly chicks dig him so well. Generally , I don't share their opinions on latter - day Rock / Blues / Billy acts.

This takes absolutely NOTHING away from the sadness of his passing , please understand me when I say that . It's humbling to think that an Artist , or anyone for that matter , had to be taken so early in life. There is no rhyme or reason , the way I see it.  

Danny Amis , however , is an inspiration to anyone who may think that it's hopeless.

It is'nt , but , it affects others in different way. Again , no rhyme or reason , except that we WILL see more people kick Cancer flat on it's ass in the future. Believe what you may , but , please believe that.

• October 17, 2012 2:07 PM CDT
    • Andy from Buffalo, NY here, a virgo, admirer of all things raw and real, I spend my days restoring vintage guitars/amps, building hot rods, and playing guitar with my combo, the Tell Tale Signs.

www.thetelltalesigns.bandcamp.com

• October 17, 2012 1:41 PM CDT
    • All the bands I was going to mention from Scotland are on Kopper's list! The Thanes, Les Bof! Los Tentakills (of whom Al Hotchkiss is a part), Creeping Ivies and Acid Fascists (although they've currently mutated into Geek Maggot Bingo). They're all good; we've played with all of them!

D.

• October 17, 2012 12:48 PM CDT
    • serato is ok and you can play still on vinyl

• October 17, 2012 12:22 PM CDT
    • Yeah, nice version of 'Summer Wine'. I had to google Siw Malmkvist to find out who she is, turns out she'd sone a version of Nick Cave'n'Kylie's 'Where The Wild Roses Grow' but I haven't found it on the net yet.

Dead Boy said:

Lee Hazlewood & Siw Malmkvist's "Summer Wine" is good as well as the original!

Rowland S. Howard & Lydia Lunch - Some Velvet Morning

Kat Spazzy (The Spazzys) & Chris Bailey - My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels)

• October 17, 2012 6:21 AM CDT
    • Lee Hazlewood & Siw Malmkvist's "Summer Wine" is good as well as the original!

Rowland S. Howard & Lydia Lunch - Some Velvet Morning

Kat Spazzy (The Spazzys) & Chris Bailey - My Boyfriend's Back (The Angels)

• October 17, 2012 5:52 AM CDT
    • Yes, you´re right! Even the recording with Suzi Jane Hokum sounds great! 

I guess it´s her (some years later?) on video, at least looks like..

Nero said:

Your welcome! It's one of my all-time faves, you just can't beat the combination of Lee'n'Nancy's voices, or Lee Hazlewood's production. My wife has an original Nancy Sinatra LP from the 60s, it weighs a ton, and, apart from the songs, the sound of it is absolutely amazing.

If you're any kind of a fan of Lee Hazlewood, then Ace put out a CD of his stuff on MGM, which includes a demo of Summer Wine with the delightfully named Suzi Jane Hokum sing Nancy's part.

Tersicore said:

Thanx Nero! I guess, i haven´t heard this song since my early childhood :)

Nero said:

Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - 'Summer Wine'

• October 17, 2012 4:39 AM CDT
    • Your welcome! It's one of my all-time faves, you just can't beat the combination of Lee'n'Nancy's voices, or Lee Hazlewood's production. My wife has an original Nancy Sinatra LP from the 60s, it weighs a ton, and, apart from the songs, the sound of it is absolutely amazing.

If you're any kind of a fan of Lee Hazlewood, then Ace put out a CD of his stuff on MGM, which includes a demo of Summer Wine with the delightfully named Suzi Jane Hokum sing Nancy's part.

Tersicore said:

Thanx Nero! I guess, i haven´t heard this song since my early childhood :)

Nero said:

• October 17, 2012 4:35 AM CDT
    • Don´t know the Everly Brothers that much... Does one of you guys has a special song for me? Found this one, i like:

John Battles said:

I was at a loss to mention anything that is NOT The Everly Bros. , but , that does'nt mean I don't have other favorite duets or vocal duos.

blahblehblahbleh said:

all everly brothers all the time..its not very sexy or crazy but that two part close harmony is pretty interesting

• October 17, 2012 4:12 AM CDT
    • Thanx Nero! I guess, i haven´t heard this song since my early childhood :)

Nero said:

• October 17, 2012 3:15 AM CDT
    • Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazlewood - 'Summer Wine'

• October 17, 2012 9:30 AM CDT
    • "All aboard the Drug Train!" RIP Lux!

• October 17, 2012 8:37 AM CDT
    • Oct.  14th Show. RIP Nick Curran. Listen Here: http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/381-The_Trip-20121014-0030-t1350171000.mp3

The Setlist:

JOHNNY KID & THE PIRATES - GOTTA TRAVEL ON 
      EDDIE COCHRAN - MY WAY 
      NICK CURRAN AND THE LOWLIFES-  TOUGH LOVER 
      NICK CURRAN AND THE LOWLIFES - SHOT DOWN 
      NICK CURRAN AND THE LOWLIFES - REEL ROCK PARTY 
      PETER THOMAS SOUND ORCHESTRA - MELISSA 
      WHITE MYSTERY - 1985
      THE MUSIC MACHINE - WRONG 
      SAVOY BROWN - TASTE AND TRY BEFORE YOU BUY 
      KRAFTWERK- THE HALL OF MIRRORS 
      GARY NUMAN AND TUBEWAY ARMY - DOWN IN THE PARK 
      DEVO - FREEDOM OF CHOICE 
      HELIOS CREED - THE POINT OF NO RETURN 
      DYSTOPIA-  INTRO
      DYSTOPIA - ENDING OF AN ERA

THE EMBROOKS - BACK IN MY MIND 
      SONIC RENDEZVOUS BAND-  CITY SLANG (1999 REMIX) 
      LOS SHAINS-  EL MONSTERUO 
      THE TRADEWINDS - ABA-DABBA-DO DANCE 
      THE FABULOUS WAILERS-  OUT OF OUR TREE 

THE TAMMYS - EGYPTIAN SHUMBA

• October 17, 2012 2:53 AM CDT
    • our gig in a wild live in the mountains

• October 16, 2012 11:47 PM CDT
    • I was gonna throw my two cents in here but it seems to already be pretty well covered.