Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• April 26, 2012 11:11 AM CDT
    • One in a year.

• April 24, 2012 9:17 PM CDT
    • Only when I meet people whistling "Electricity" while wearing a Trout Mask Replica t-shirt! 

• April 26, 2012 11:10 AM CDT
    • Hello

Please can someone transcribe the full lyrics of...

pop rivets - lambretta vespacoota
      pop rivets - beatle boots
      pop rivets - kray twins

???

I hope someone can help me.

Allan

greetings from Peru.

• April 26, 2012 9:26 AM CDT
    • Billy Miranda - run rose little richards cousin!!

• April 25, 2012 2:44 PM CDT
    • ....What wild songs list would be complete without "Paralyzed" by The Legendary Stardust Cowboy , "The Crusher" by The Novas , of course , "Surfin' Bird" by The Trashmen , "Demolicion" by Los Saicos , "Monstruo" (The Crusher meets Out of Limits with Spanish lyrics sung by a gravel - eatin' Daddy.) by Los Shains ,"Burn , Baby Burn" by Stud Cole , "New Dance in France" by Bobby Lee Trammel , "She's a Goin' Jessie" by Andy Starr , "Rebel Woman" by Dean Carter , "It's a Nice World To Visit(But Not To Live In) " by Ann- Margret ,  "You Better Believe It''/"C'mon Everybody" by Donny B. Waugh , "Declaration of Independence '65" / "Voo - Doo", "Little Demon", ''Frenzy" , ''Stone Crazy ' , etc. by Screamin' Jay Hawkins    and , yep , "Voyage Au Pays Des Vivants" by Johnny Hallyday.

• April 26, 2012 9:16 AM CDT
    • NMdT S13E06 .: Clear the Air, the Summer Rainbow is Here
      http://nmdt.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/nmdt-s13e06-clear-air-summer-rainbow-is.html

01. Jacco Gardner. clear the air [SG Action Weekend 2012]
      02. The Joyride. his blues [SG World Pacific 1967]
      03. Superfine Dandelion. crazy town [SG Mainstream 1967]
      04. Moorpark Intersection. I think I'll just go and find me a flower [SG Capitol 1968]
      05. Every Mother's Son. pony with the golden mane [SG MGM 1968]
      06. Sagittarius. hotel indiscreet [SG CBS 1967]
      07. The Smoke Ring. first reaction [SG Certron 1969]
      08. P.K. Limited. my imagination [SG Colgems 1970]
      09. Polymers Children. summer rainbow [SG Musicor 1970]
      10. The Dard. I know [SG Evolution 1970]
      11. The Denmarcs. as a friend [SG Whirl 1965]
      12. Duke Baxter. absolute zero [SG Mercury 1970]
      13. A.C.T. love peace and freedom [SG Chivalry 1974]
      14. Jacco Gardner. a house on the moon [SG Action Weekend 2012]

• April 25, 2012 4:22 PM CDT
    • Will be sure to let you know when the Beachnuts set a reunion date!

Jersey City Mods said:

Hey, we're Bob & Marti but go by Jersey City Mods on most public access sites because we don't want potential employers or prosecution attorneys Googling things that could be used against us.  Neither of us are musicians but we met as college radio hosts, collaborating on a show called The Groovy Cellar from 81-84.  We used to live for record shopping and shows, stopping by Midnight Records in NYC before going to the original Cavestomps at the Dive. I wish we'd been a little more social and less intimidated by the bands then, but we still managed to have a great time. Lived in Philly for awhile and met a number of great bands there.  Now we're back in the NYC area, still looking for exciting, new-to-us music.  See ya at the shows, we'll be at the bar.

• April 24, 2012 7:39 PM CDT
    • Hey... I'm a ghost from South America currently wasting his days playing the guitar and trying to create raw songs from the end of the world.

Cheers.

• April 25, 2012 1:07 PM CDT
    • Try Loud Squirt.

• April 25, 2012 7:52 AM CDT
    • Really dig Sex Beet & the Castillians, too!

Tim said:

Lo-fi ish bands I like include:

Surfy/lo-fi/garage.....

Lo-fi garage pop

• April 25, 2012 7:28 AM CDT
    • Holy hells yeah, thanx fer hippin' me to this beat combo!...I really dig their upbeat style!

Alison said:

How about some groovy trashy lo-fi slimy Canadians:

• April 25, 2012 12:16 PM CDT
    • On this week's program I did na interview with Paul Langan of the late 80s/early 90s Windsor band Lost Patrol.  They are playing a 25th anniversary reunion show on Saturday April 28th at the FM Lounge in Windsor.  In addltion to this I also played music from Pow Wows, two bands from the garagepunk We Love Trash comp (Uzis & Trash Emperors), as well as music from Black Angels, Jerry Jerry and the Sons f Rhythm Orchestra, Bob Dylan, Levon Helm, and more!

Download the podcast here: http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/36-Revolution_Rock-20120424-1030-t1335259800.mp3  

Check out the blog post here with the play list and a link to the Lost Patrol interview separately: http://revrock.blogspot.ca/2012/04/lost-patrol-interview-25th-anniversary.html

The play list:

1.  Black Angels – Watch Out Boy

2.  Trash Emperors – Blackout

3.  Uzis – I Wanna Go

4.  JB & The Playboys – Leave My Woman Alone

5.  Jerry Jerry and the Sons f Rhythm Orchestra – Radical Look

6.  Levon Helm – Move Along Train

7.  The Stig – Block It Out

8.  Wreckless Eric – Grown Ups

9.  Joy Division – She’s Lost Control

10. Lost Patrol – See Me Now

Paul Langan (Lost Patrol) Interview

11. Lost Patrol – Mister You’re a Better Man Than I

12. Lost Patrol – Kinda Sorta Miss Home  

13. The Government – Flat Tire

14. The Lonesome Weekends – Kiss The Bottle

15. Pow Wows – EIO (During The Flood)

16. The Rolling Stones – Claudine

17. Bob Dylan – One Too Many Mornings

18. The Band – Tears of Rage (Live)

• April 25, 2012 11:54 AM CDT
    • The Stereo Types

• April 24, 2012 8:05 AM CDT
    • Felt - I Will Die With My Head In Flames

• April 24, 2012 7:22 AM CDT
    • The Prisoners - Ain't No Tellin' 

• April 24, 2012 5:25 PM CDT
    • My guitarist goes sweater vest no undershirt sometimes

• April 23, 2012 5:14 PM CDT
    • If Drinking,Women and Fighting are a theme then Hoodsnake has one....

• April 24, 2012 5:22 PM CDT
    • My indie label is called OneOff Rekerdz. I just made it up and designed a logo to put on my own CD releases. It exists mainly in my imagination, it will never make any money. Maybe this is the most realistic approach? Heh.

• April 23, 2012 2:38 PM CDT
    • SORRY i TOOK SO LONG REPLYING , i HAD TO DOUBLE - CHECK TO BE SURE.....BUT , I have THE "KIND OF A DRAG " ALBUM, and it  WAS RELEASED IN MONO WHEN THEY WERE STILL ON USA. Maybe it was also released in Stereo , but , that was about a year before everything HAD to be released in Stereo , if not also Mono. Singles were generally mixed hotter for radio , too , at that time.....

That's the only - era Buckinghams I'm that interested in....Of course , I have the "Don't Want To Cry"45 , and , it's a MUTHER....Anyone who thinks those guys never cut a Garage 45 needs to hear that , and their version of "I'm a Man"...

• April 23, 2012 1:43 PM CDT
    • Radiothon episode today on Wrekking hrs!help keep Psychobilly on the radio by donating a dollar or two to WHFR!call 313.845.9676 opt1

Today featuring local Detroit Rockabilly & Psychobilly artists!!

Tune in for Mr. Giorgio's brand new single "Nobody's Business" - a new instrumental by the Detroit Rockabilly trio of the same name....

• April 23, 2012 12:30 PM CDT
    • Ditto on "Little Willy" as an apparent return to musical sanity back in the day!!!

Norb

John Battles said:

OK , I also remember The Beatles , but "Yummy Yummy Yummy" was THE CUT , as the hip flipster kiddies say , today.   I took to "Little Willy" a few years later , because it sounded like a Kasenetz - Katz CREATION TO ME AT THE TIME.....Not knowing The Sweet had already gone thru Bubble Gum , and the material on their (US) first LP actually shocked DJs and critics with how far they'd come from Bubble Gum...and would , still.

John Battles said:

me , too !

doornail said:

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy I got love in my tummy for Bubblegum Music. The first music I remember as a wee lad.