Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• April 13, 2012 12:55 PM CDT
    • Yeah If it was 6 dollars I would get it too... Anyway Thanks!!

• April 13, 2012 11:38 AM CDT
    • almost never which is pretty lame. But whats worse is when you finally meet someone who likes the same music and they're really annoying.

• April 13, 2012 10:19 AM CDT
    • I rarely if ever meet anyone with my musical tastes up here in Idaho. I live in a town of about 7800 people in the mountains, the nearest record store is 45 miles away. My husband likes some of the same music, and when I play something he hasn't heard before he usually (not always) likes it, same with my daughter.

• April 13, 2012 9:15 AM CDT
    • There seems to be a lot of punk and rock n roll here in Essen. But I just meet people I like and get one with it. ruhrpottrode.de more punk and not garage at all but should be fun anyway :)

• April 13, 2012 9:00 AM CDT
    • Are we still talking about garage punk here?

Kendra said:

Never. It's sad.

Oh well, there's always the internet...

• April 13, 2012 10:06 AM CDT
    • '' if you gonna play Rock-n-roll,you gotta know it will always be in enemy territory'' Joe Strummer. 

• April 13, 2012 8:29 AM CDT
    • "We don't play garage, we play punk for gentlemen" - The Fallen Leaves

• April 13, 2012 6:35 AM CDT
    • 'ha ha ha.... Ever get the feelin' you've bin cheated???' Lydon's vitriol never lets us down!

• April 13, 2012 6:33 AM CDT
    • From the sublime '12 Monkeys' movie, Brad Pitt's 'aaaaaah Fuck the Bozo's!' cannae get mair punk or stickin' it to d'man than that!

• April 12, 2012 10:02 PM CDT
    • David Johansen and Sylvain Sylvain are having a bit of a spat onstage .....

SYL: Why , you little FAGGOT !

DAVE: WHAT DID YOU CALL ME ?!!

SYL: (Sheepishly) I said you was a faggot.....

DAVE: OH ! THAT'S AWRIGHT! AH THOUGHT YEW SAID AH WAS FAT !!

melissa scott said:

"Playiing music is the best thing in the world. It makes show business almost bearable."

David Johansen, NYDolls

• April 12, 2012 8:35 PM CDT
    • Why do punk rock guys go out with new wave girls? - Great Plains/Ron House

not really a quote per say, but it has come to be one of the most quoted/memorable lyrics I can think of  

• April 12, 2012 6:44 PM CDT
    • "Playiing music is the best thing in the world. It makes show business almost bearable."

David Johansen, NYDolls

• April 12, 2012 4:46 PM CDT
    • "Anger is an Energy"-  John Lydon, in PIL's Rise

• April 12, 2012 7:51 AM CDT
    • "I believe I am the highest power, absolutely. I am in control at all times. Jesus Christ, God, and Satan all in one"

gg allin

• April 12, 2012 9:15 PM CDT
    • MONEY , as well as interest , are two big hurdles to get over.....I agree , it should have been done ,by now....There was a documentary on PBS , hardly all - inclusive , but , done with their hearts in the right places...on the history of American Garage Rock. Very low budget , but , it should've been a rallying point for similar documentaries....It featured Sky Saxon , Jimy Sohns and Joe Kelly (Shadows of Knight) , and was co - hosted by Bun E. Carlos (Once in a Garage band.), and shot in Wisconsin , largely in a flea market.

• April 12, 2012 9:11 PM CDT
    • I think you're right , much like a  lot of individual cities' "Scenes" from the Late 70's - Early 80'S are getting the documentary treatment....

kopper said:

Well, to be done right, it would have to be enormously comprehensive. With thousands of garage bands sprouting up all over the world from '65 thru '67, it would be quite a task. The best way to go about it would be to do a series of documentaries and focus on regional scenes, such as Texas, the Pacific Northwest, Michigan, Australia, etc. Sort of like how the later volumes of the Pebbles comps were focused.

• April 12, 2012 7:45 PM CDT
    • Teenage Shutdown, Volume 10

Pebbles, Volume 3

Killed by Death, Volumes 1 & 2

Garage Punk Unknowns

Electric Sugarcube Flashbacks, Volume 1

Killed by Glam, Volumes 1 & 2

• April 12, 2012 11:45 AM CDT
    • The Do The Pop comp is absolutely essential. Australian garage rock featuring Radio Birdman, The Saints, and loads of other great bands! 

• April 12, 2012 7:49 AM CDT
    • My ultimate fave tune under two: Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs "Stay"

Also it's the only song to hit #1 on the US charts recorded in my town over 50 years ago!

• April 12, 2012 9:35 AM CDT
    • Hey.

1963 Watkins Rapier (Fender Jag is best)

In order:

Jangle Box compressor

Supa-Trem tremolo unit

Tech 21 Character series Blonde

Digitech Digiverb pedal reverb (63 re-issue spring reverb tank is best)

Tech 21 PE60 poweramp combo

I certainly get the sound & flexibility with this but single coils & fender amps & a heap of attitude & you can't go far wrong. Cheers.

• April 12, 2012 4:33 AM CDT
    • lana loveland of the fuzztones:):)

• April 12, 2012 4:31 AM CDT
    • There aren't many really good bands that sound like the ones you mentioned...one comes to mind though...the PANDORAS:):)......anyhow, few ladies play the organ like Lana Loveland:):)!!