Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 19, 2012 2:18 PM CST
    • What rotten timing to check out on a weekend with the entertainment press still obsessing on Whitney. 

Does that mean there are two left?  Naturally, Iggy Pop is probably still as healthy as a horse.  Go figure.

• February 19, 2012 12:44 PM CST
    • That's really fucking sad. :(

• February 19, 2012 2:00 PM CST
    • The only song I was familiar with was Long Gone, which reminded me of DMZ, so when you mentioned Peter Greenberg, that made lots of sense. I just went on the Customs My Space page and liked all 4 songs, so I'll need to look into them more. I got to see DMZ a few times; sorry I never got to see the Customs. Is the Long Gone LP still available anywhere?

• February 19, 2012 1:21 PM CST
    • Speak for yourself, check out the first page of this thread! My Neighbours Baby might be the harshest of their songs though, or Lipstick?

Mark George Harrison said:

Cant believe we've all forgotten Guttermouth! loads of songs but the all-time favourite has to be 'mother fucked a donkey down in Mexico..................'

• February 19, 2012 7:31 AM CST
    • Cant believe we've all forgotten Guttermouth! loads of songs but the all-time favourite has to be 'mother fucked a donkey down in Mexico..................'

• February 19, 2012 6:44 AM CST
    • Kinky Friedman - They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore

Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown (Goes Down), Jewish Princess, Titties & Beer, Dinah Moe Humm, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Fembot in a Wet T-Shirt

The Vandals - Dachau Cabana

Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper - She's Vibrator Dependent

Weird Al Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero

Fishbone - Party at Ground Zero, Lyin' Ass Bitch

The Dead Milkmen - Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything) uses the word "artfags" and Bitchin' Camaro references AIDS.

The Afghan Whigs - Retarded

Too many Dead Kennedys songs to name...

• February 19, 2012 5:54 AM CST
    • Plus, it's pretty crazy what sticks as NO PC in "our lands of all is possible." Even a square suit will drop the corporate armor and drink, fight, fuck when all is paid for and there are no witnesses that could leave spots on their white wes - natch!

It was crazy hearing about the bands being chased in Iran (was it Metal bands? Pop even? I can't remember.... there was a couple of these news, even outside of that Vice TV "journalism"), just for playing a rock kind of sound that was too reminiscent of quasi western ideas. And those were all boys.

Imagine what kind of shit would go down, if you had a girl trash band in a place like that. That's what I call some goddamn moxy! Don't know about you, but I don't know if I would be up for that kind of crazy myself!

Not to say that the ladies don't get enough shit from donkheads around here, too. Well, you'll find shitbags all over the place.

• February 19, 2012 5:30 AM CST
    • Yeah, I know what you mean. I would say, those "people" are just too fucking dumb in a wrong way to get what they "sing" about. Hell, it's even hard to find a definition for what they do except callin' on bullcrap. ;)

And it's not about the political correct thing even, just can't do listening to the life and times of Bo Diddley & gut this load a racist dung, coming straight from the heart of some knucklehead shitbrain with nothing else to it.

Not to say that doesn't happen with leftist hatepunkers either, I can spare these guys just as much.

Yeah, blablabla, yapyapyap, I know, haha.

Mr Yates said:

...or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• February 18, 2012 3:05 PM CST
    • The Monks did that song , too (Not meaning the legenday Avant Garage Punks , But , The Strawbs offshoot Pub/Novelty group.)
       ....Or were they the same group?

Mr Yates said:

I do remember a song from when I was about 13, by a band called Dave and the Deros called "Nice Legs, Shame About the Face".

What about any song by the 4skins or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• February 19, 2012 1:09 PM CST

• HAHA, but yes, I was the rebel, I played Rickenbackers & not the Vox Phantom! Wish I still had that 4001!

IDON MINE said:

Super! Rockin in style, that John!

whatwave dave said:

Sorry John, couldn't resist, but here's a picture of John C as a Fuzztone in London Ontario Canada 4/5/87 in the Fuzztone uniform!!  And it was a great show that night too!!

• February 19, 2012 12:54 PM CST
    • They're pretty cool. My buddy has one. They sound good with a little set up. They carry them at Truetone Music in Santa Monica CA if anyone is trying to get hold of one. Not sure of the price.

Johnny Duo Jet said:

Have you looked at www.phantomguitars.com?  More reasonable than the actual Vox guitars.  I've never heard one, but you might check out youtube.  Also keep an eye on ebay.  There's currently a teardrop shape guitar for $299.

John

• February 19, 2012 11:59 AM CST
    • That's so cool! We just played in Tijuana a couple of weeks ago, it was cool but I wish I could have tracked these guys down!

Dra. O'boogie said:

Hello ladies! well, I'm not in a band, but here's the link of a band from Tijuana (México) that has a kick ass female drumer, although the lead singer is a man, she really gives them a lot of presence, I love the way they look on the stage, they play some sort of psychobilly-rockabilly stuff. Keep rocking babes!

www.myspace.com/loshelldandys

• February 19, 2012 5:43 AM CST
    • I know right? Line ups like this is what always had me lookin at the bill, thinking: "Dang, I got to jump a plane!" I like that they bring everyone together. All the souls singers they featured - it's just nice to see them get a spotlight again.

John Battles said:

HA HA , exactly. I admit , I did'nt go , last year ,because the line up was pretty lame....You're right , I hope they do come back  all guns a - blazin' , next year. For years , it was the strongest Garage fest that is'nt even a Garage fest. First time I went , they had The Wailers , Zakary Thaks , Kenny and The Kasuals , Alarm Clocks  and Bad Roads (Who , sadly , were pretty lame.). John.

IDON MINE said:

Argh!

But let them catch their breath and come back full force next year! I like hearing about that stuff they got coming up this year - finally a "R'N'R hall of fame kind of thing" that doesn't smell! ;)

• February 18, 2012 2:42 PM CST
    • HA HA , exactly. I admit , I did'nt go , last year ,because the line up was pretty lame....You're right , I hope they do come back  all guns a - blazin' , next year. For years , it was the strongest Garage fest that is'nt even a Garage fest. First time I went , they had The Wailers , Zakary Thaks , Kenny and The Kasuals , Alarm Clocks  and Bad Roads (Who , sadly , were pretty lame.). John.

IDON MINE said:

Argh!

But let them catch their breath and come back full force next year! I like hearing about that stuff they got coming up this year - finally a "R'N'R hall of fame kind of thing" that doesn't smell! ;)

• February 19, 2012 5:36 AM CST
    • All your points regarded and respected, but YOU DON'T CALL ANY BEATLES ON OUR ALL BO DIDDLEY! ;)

• February 18, 2012 2:58 PM CST
    • Well , you know.....When I was in Jr. High , most kids barely knew The Beatles or The Stones , maybe by name , but , that was usually  it , and we're talking only 7 , 8 years after The Beatles broke up , and The Stones' next to last great album ,  "Some Girls" ("A Bigger Bang" is a motherfucker , tho' I guess most people disagree.) was current. Not much has changed in 35 years.... 

• February 19, 2012 2:21 AM CST
    • So what bands did you go through to end up where you are and how old many bandmates did you leave, battered and bruised in your wake. In morphing from The Likes to The Vipers and now The Pulsebeats we've collectively gone through...

8 bassists, 4 guitarists, 1 drummer and 1 organist. Not a bad bodycount.

The Vipers did the most damage, without a doubt.

In honour of fallen comrades.

• February 19, 2012 12:59 AM CST

• HA! nope Not my up of tea.  I;m not against theatre in Rock N Roll, after all I was a huge Alice Cooper fan when I was in High Schhol, IT's just the Matching outfit thing that makes me want to run away screaming POSUER!!!

Gringo Starr said:

Oh come on John! I likes me some theater!!!!

John Carlucci said:

When I was a kid I went to Catholic School. I wore a uniform for eight years. I got into Rock N Roll to rebel against the status quo. I am and always have been a non conformist. To each his own, but I prefer bands with individuality.

• February 18, 2012 4:08 PM CST
    • I'm crackin up! This is just too cool! Young Kopper blastin heat!

Produced by Bill Streeter, I see. How many records did he have you name? 200? :)

• February 18, 2012 3:14 PM CST
    • Well , they did stick it out  for almost (Over?) 35 years , gotta hand it to 'em , there . But , they waved that license to be inconsistent around like it was going to get them a raise in pay.....I saw them 6 times. They were great twice , and  mostly terrible the other times , tho' they were'nt bad on the Little Steven revue with The New York Dolls , BUT , THEY WERE'NT GREAT, EITHER.... Their early 90's "Metal" phase was abhorral. I know someone who saw part of one of their EARLY 90'S gigs , here , on video , and said he was actually glad he had to miss the show because he was in JAIL.

• February 18, 2012 2:48 PM CST
    • My computer froze up .....But , if you've never seen the Cavern Club Live DVD with this lineup , much less heard "Run Devil Run", you're depriving yourself of a treat... His own FANS don't even like this stuff , it rocks so hard !  BTW , Ian Paice WAS in Whitsnake (W/ Jon Lord , David Coverdale , pre - Hair Metal , and Mick Moody...). I saw'em open for Jethro Tull in 1980.

John Battles said:

He made that foot -in -ass Rock'n'Roll album ,"Run Devil Run" with original UK GUITAR GOD, Mick Green , and Guitar GOOD , Dave Gilmour....also that Whitesnake guy , Ian Paice (I'm kidding.).  It t

• February 18, 2012 10:26 AM CST
    • The Flamin' Groovies - Whiskey Woman