Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 22, 2012 4:55 PM CST
    • Classick!!  That look will NEVER die as far as I'm concerned.  Well done lads well done!

Hi Class Joes said:

Classic early British Beat look:

• February 21, 2012 6:48 PM CST
    • Isn't rock and roll and especially garage/punk rock all about "posing?" Isn't it more about standing in front of the mirror with a tennis racket for a guitar and deciding to be a rock star as opposed to sitting at the end of your bed practicing scales? Wasn't that whole British invasion thing as much about the look as it was the sound?  Isn't choosing not to wear stage gear a contrived "image?"  It’s all been done.  Image. Anti-image.  I’ll take the image please. Trust me. In a noisy club with crappy sound, your music doesn’t do the talking for you like you think.

After all, do we do this to blend in or do we do this to stand out? Being tatted up with a Mohawk is every bit as mainstream now as Pat Boone was in 1959. My band Thee Mighty Shake Spears played the punk rock club the other night. All the tribes were present.  All the countercultures represented. We walked in to the place in drainpipe trousers and Chelsea boots with coats and skinny ties and people were like what the…? We were every bit as confrontational dressed that way in that environment as the punks were in 1977 London. I’d rather walk in the room and have somebody say that dude is in the band as opposed to having them wonder whether or not I’m just there tuning the guitar for the actual band.

• February 22, 2012 4:09 PM CST
    • Hi gang, I'm Dave, 47, and I live in Portland, Oregon.

I love loud, rude music of all kinds- R&B, Rockabilly, 60s Punk, Freakbeat, Aussie punk, etc.,

as well as smoother stuff like soul, ska/rocksteady, triphop, and more... What I'm guessing most of y'all like, too.

Love indie comics like the Hernandez Bros. Love and Rockets, Peter Bagge's Hate, Roberta Gregory's Naughty Bits...

Dark and quirky movies like The Loved One, Ghost World, Quadrophenia...

I don't see shows anymore, but love finding new music and like-minded souls here,

Cheers to you all, Dave

• February 22, 2012 3:56 PM CST
    • Hey, Missy, welcome! Sounds like you had a blast in Paris (who wouldn't, right?)! Nottingham sounds intrigueing, are the X-rays still around? Also, just found this yesterday-Jerry's Kids - Spymaster

Best, Dave

Missy Tassles said:

I may as well pitch in - I've been a garage/punk/surf/psych fan for about 15 years now, live in the North of England and love THe Creation, Love, The Seeds, The Monks, Count Five, Nuggets, Billy CHildish, blah blah blah. I also love surf punk, and am amassing a large exotica collection also!

I'm into film also - Mondo movies, 60s psych/B movies, French new wave, Comic books, and I make a lot of my own clothes these days (since vintage prices have shot up lately!).

I went to Paris last week and spent too much money in Born Bad records, and looking forward to going to the Blast Off festival in Nottingham with my husband later this year!

• February 21, 2012 10:08 PM CST
    • Hi everyone! We're The Pygmies from Calgary Alberta. Love this site, so many great bands!!

Feel free to check out some songs on our profile

• February 21, 2012 12:16 PM CST
    • And now that I've learn how to use this site better I've also update my profile so you can listen to The Mighties' music without going away from this wonderful website...thanks for your patience. 

• February 21, 2012 11:49 AM CST
    • Hello to everybody, I'm Bernardo from THE MIGHTIES, an italian garage rock band who has just release a new Ep called "Misty Lame"..please check our Myspacefacebook or LastFm page (I fuckin love Last Fm!!) and tell us if we're ugly as we think ;-) ..oh yes, we also have Reverbnation and Twitter..so many networks dudes!

• February 22, 2012 12:49 PM CST
    • So my little brother came up to me and wanted to cover The Mummies your love seem simple enough and i got some of the begining figured but could anyone please help me figure the rest? tabs would be best My brother and I really dig this song and would really love to play it

Thanks alot

Punkguts

(Mitch)

• February 22, 2012 11:46 AM CST
    • This Tuesday my radio show did a radio special on Neil Young's Ditch Trilogy - which are three albums he made in 1973, 74, and 75.  They are kind of Garage Rock - its part of a theme month that I do every February.  Last week I did a show on The Gruesomes - Will post that later in the week. 

This week's play list:

1. Tonight’s The Night (Tonight's The Night 1975)

2. Time Fades Away (Time Fades Away 1973)

3. Walk On (On The Beach 1974)

4. World On A String (Tonight's The Night 1975) 5. The Bridge (Time Fades Away 1973)

6. For The Turnstiles (On The Beach 1974)

7. Yonder Stands The Sinner (Time Fades Away 1973)

8. Last Trip To Tulsa (Live) (Time Fades Away B-Side 1973)

9. Don’t Be Denied (Time Fades Away 1973)

10. Last Dance (Time Fades Away 1973)

11. Lookout Joe (Tonight's The Night 1975)

12. Mellow My Mind (Tonight's The Night 1975)

13. Revolution Blues (On The Beach 1974)

14. Vampire Blues (On The Beach 1974)

15. Ambulance Blues (On the Beach 1974)

16. Come On Baby Let’s Go Downtown (Tonight's The Night 1975)

17. Tonight’s The Night Part II (Tonight's The Night 1975)

More info on these albums along iwth a link to download the program (if you wish) can be found on my blog at:
      http://revrock.blogspot.com/2012/02/neil-youngs-ditch-trilogy-show-382.html

Next week's program will be a show made up of all Surf Rock songs!

• February 22, 2012 10:48 AM CST
    • Yeah, it's pretty goofy. Bill isn't too fond of it. I think the editing could've been better, which is probably why he didn't want me to tag him when I posted it on Facebook, haha! It's also pretty low-quality, but keep in mind, this was made back in Feb. 2004 before YouTube or any of that stuff really took off. It also preceded Bill's Lo-Fi Saint Louis videoblog.

I do look pretty young, don't I? A youthful 38, in fact.

• February 22, 2012 10:38 AM CST
    • Congrats!

• February 22, 2012 7:30 AM CST
    • Nice!

• February 21, 2012 4:25 PM CST
    • Hey Guys. The song "Love Me Kill Me" by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang first featured on GPHO's "Noises From the Hideout" will be be picked on Little Steven's Underground Garage "Coolest Song of the Week." week of March 4th. We'd like to thank the Hideout for getting the word out and in the mix.

Tune in to you local station March 4th http://undergroundgarage.com/radio-affiliates. If you have SiriusXM you can hear on Underground Garage from the week of March 4-11. For more info www.facebook.com/KissKissBangBangUSA

The CD Kaboom is on Bad Reputation Records in Europe, Purple Claw Records in North America, Amazon and iTunes.

• February 21, 2012 10:41 PM CST
    • Shitty, I never got a chance to see them live.

• February 21, 2012 10:29 PM CST
    • Lady at gas station: "It's so nice that you take care of those retarded boys"

Monte Melnick: "Lady, they're not retards. They're the Ramones!"

• February 21, 2012 8:34 PM CST
    • "Picture sleeves are for children" Roy Loney , Flamin' Groovies.

(Roy told me this , himself. I could'nt argue with HIM ! Besides  if you had 1/250th of the records HE has , you'd start narrowin' it down , too. It IS a funny line.).

Goldmine : So , tell us what it was like , playing at the Lollapalooza , Roky.

Roky : We went to Margie's . It's an ice cream place. The Beatles ate there , y'know.

• February 21, 2012 10:26 PM CST
    • I still like the fuzztones, even though the singer does sound like a bit of an ass. But if I quit listening to every band that acted like dicks, I'd have a pretty small record collection.

• February 21, 2012 10:03 PM CST
    • The most famous (and best) garage band to come out of Calgary is the Von Zippers

• February 21, 2012 3:43 PM CST
    • OOOOOKEY... I have been on the low end with this one here....time to catch up:

Freddi's KICKS FROM THE BOOT #32 is bad ass and comes with a free comp to download!

STW's BIG ENCHILADA #45 is a real live Freakshow routine, also having a lot of download links for free stuff!

Mr A's YOU GOT GOOD TASTE #43 is the shit and you better smell! He's also got a new line of events coming up called WEIRDSVILLE + with bands

The SONIC NIGHTMARES team of goons has whupped the glove in it's own face with episode #57 - sorry no additional free stuff, with the already free stuff! Looks like 57 is my lucky number.

Not meaning to single out already popular shows, these have just been on my replay list, hope to add more soon!

• February 21, 2012 10:32 AM CST
    • well any of you ladies wants to complete with me The Push-Backs?

• February 21, 2012 10:09 AM CST
    • Destroy All Monsters - Spider (1985) 

The uploader says that it's one of many unreleased songs from the bands early 1980s period.

It's cool!!!

• February 21, 2012 2:24 AM CST
    • Someone better kick this cancer thing in tha ass BIG TIME, or there'll be hell to pay!

L-O-V-E and all the good things to Reg...