Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 10, 2012 5:03 PM CST
    • Love, love the news!   And In the Red resurrecting Vengeance....good stuff.  What is Ivy up to, and is there any news on unreleased (officially) Cramps coming out?

• February 10, 2012 2:18 PM CST
    • I would assume it is more of a business decision/ conflict of interest for Eric. If you were a Goner Artist would you want the guy who is supposed to be promoting your band spending time/ money on his own band. Also, won't put the band in a position where Jack and Greg have an issue with Goner (Which Eric owns) on the business front . Both business ventures gross a lot of money, but you have to divvy out the Net (which I am sure is a lot smaller).

kopper said:

I was wondering that myself. You're probably right about better distro, esp. considering the fact that this release will probably see a lot more pressed than any previous Goner release, more than likely.

Is that an envelope in Larry's hand? If so, I wonder what's in it... ;)

DammitDave said:

Yeah, the American Slang is the closest that I think Jack solo was to Oblivians.

I wonder why this is not on Goner, ITR better distribution, maybe? 

kopper said:

Jack solo ain't the Oblivians. Just like the Reigning Sound ain't the Oblivians. You should judge the Oblivians by the Oblivians!

Mina said:

I saw Jack live, just didn't do much for me... I had high hopes that evening because I had heard so much about the Oblivions. Turned out that I had paid for 3 bands with the same musicians ;D Dunno.... I prefer Beat-Man, Zeno Tornado, King Automatic, that kind of stuff. :)

• February 10, 2012 2:06 PM CST
    • I reckon that envelope holds the name of the new bass player.

• February 10, 2012 1:35 PM CST
    • wow! *orgasm*

• February 10, 2012 1:10 PM CST
    • I was wondering that myself. You're probably right about better distro, esp. considering the fact that this release will probably see a lot more pressed than any previous Goner release, more than likely.

Is that an envelope in Larry's hand? If so, I wonder what's in it... ;)

DammitDave said:

Yeah, the American Slang is the closest that I think Jack solo was to Oblivians.

kopper said:

Jack solo ain't the Oblivians. Just like the Reigning Sound ain't the Oblivians. You should judge the Oblivians by the Oblivians!

Mina said:

I saw Jack live, just didn't do much for me... I had high hopes that evening because I had heard so much about the Oblivions. Turned out that I had paid for 3 bands with the same musicians ;D Dunno.... I prefer Beat-Man, Zeno Tornado, King Automatic, that kind of stuff. :)

• February 10, 2012 12:59 PM CST
    • Yeah, the American Slang is the closest that I think Jack solo was to Oblivians.

kopper said:

Mina said:

• February 10, 2012 12:59 PM CST
    • HOLEEEEEE CRAP!!!  Awesome news.  And I concur that In The Red rules--we both just got the new Thee Cormans 7 inch!

• February 10, 2012 12:39 PM CST
    • Jack solo ain't the Oblivians. Just like the Reigning Sound ain't the Oblivians. You should judge the Oblivians by the Oblivians!

Mina said:

• February 10, 2012 12:36 PM CST
    • Color me Jazzed! This is great news for garage junkies like me.

• February 10, 2012 12:26 PM CST
    • This is all great news. The fact that The Oblivians have a new album released through ITR certainly makes them the 1# garage label out there right now!

I love Voodoo Rhythm too but c'mon... This is monumental news!!

• February 10, 2012 12:16 PM CST
    • I don't quite understand how anyone on this site who appreciates trashy garage/punk/rock'n'roll could NOT be into the Oblivians, but I guess that's just me. :/

• February 10, 2012 4:41 PM CST
    • I have to admit, I do like their power pop stuff, but prefer their earlier surf/garage material. This IS great news, though! Looking forward to getting my hands on this, so thanks for posting!

• February 10, 2012 4:39 PM CST
    • They were pretty good at the power-pop stuff (which was obviously influenced by Steve Marriott), but some of it on their last album bordered on Green Day-style pop punk, I think. I'd actually been wondering what they've been up to lately, so this is good news. I agree that their early surf'n'drag garage stuff was really great.

• February 10, 2012 4:19 PM CST
    • This is really cool news for the people who liked the Boss Martians' surf/instro days.  Personally, I think their newer power pop stuff is just barely "meh", but whatever.

This is from the Boss Martians Facebook page:

"the first ever BEST OF BOSS MARTIANS "The Dionysus Years" will be released this year (on, well, Dionysus Records) and it will feature the best Surf/Drag/Frat material from our first three releases circa 1994-2000. Its been super fun going back through the original masters and preparing this album - more news soon and from the way its starting to look there will be some support shows behind this release - yes, essentially a return to the original Boss Martians sound for a few shows - so if anyone out there is interested this oughtta be one hell of a fun run back through the 90s haha - news soon I hope...e"

• February 10, 2012 4:24 PM CST
    • I host a radio show at the University of Hartford in West Hartford Connecticut called Green Slime on WSAM 105.3 FM. I'd love to spin some sent in stuff if you want. 

I'm also starting to podcast on garage punk pirate radio from my dorm with a bunch of awesome people. I think I could definitely play a lot of stuff people send me on that:

The first Green Slime podcast.

If you want to send me anything send it to me on the Green Slime Facebook at www.facebook.com/greenslimeradio 

or email it to me at principi@hartford.edu

• February 10, 2012 4:21 PM CST
    • They look just like a garage punk band here. Sure later they became superstars a little later isn't that everybody's dream? Don't hate just cause they were successful. 

• February 10, 2012 2:56 PM CST
    • Yeah, Dirty Water put out a shed load of stuff last year and are kicking off this year where they left off. They've just put out the new Johnny Throttle album (Alfonso from The Parkinsons) and have got the new Thee Exicters record coming out soon.

• February 10, 2012 1:03 PM CST
    • You know what would make all of these labels even cooler? If they advertised here on the Hideout!

Big ups to those that do: Voodoo Rhythm, Dionysus, Bootleg Booze and, uh, I think that's it right now. :(

• February 10, 2012 12:36 PM CST
    • yeah! luv Damaged Goods & Dirty Water!!! has anyone mentioned Hangman??? are they even still around........?

oh, and GRGPNK Records! lol!

Tim said:

damaged goods and dirty water records seem to release a lot of the garage bands that I listen to.

• February 10, 2012 2:51 PM CST
    • Show #360: "The Eggman Collection #108"

Every 3 weeks I do a series of shows called The Eggman Collection which is a big potpourri of every song I've ever liked in my life...EVER! It's literally a huge mixing bowl full of songs written onto tiny pieces of paper. Over 15,000 songs that I've been compiling for the past 20-plus years of my life. Every song I've ever liked has gone into this bowl, and every three weeks I draw them out one-by-one and play them for you in no particular order. A mix of everything and anything I like, no matter what genre, era, style or year of release...if I like it, then I'll play it! No repeats of the same song ever! Tune in tonight (Friday) at 10pm EST for the 108th installment of The Eggman Collection and hear bands and artists like: Genesis, Bill Plummer & The Cosmic Brotherhood, T2, The White Noise, The Clique, New Trolls, Badge, Steve Hillage, Gnidrolog, Eternity's Children, The Inner Space, West Coast Natural Gas, Led Zeppelin, The Red Crayola, and many many others!!

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Watch my playlist unravel before your eyes LIVE here: http://wscafm.radioactivity.fm/

Egg

• February 10, 2012 12:20 PM CST
    • Well my 'Original Feed' is with Posterous now and all my episodes are located there. So I'd be grateful if you have any ideas... But i'm stumped.

kopper said:

Probably has to do where you have your feed sourced. Is it Mevio? You'll have to login to your Feedburner account and check what you have as your "original feed," then investigate and see if your previous episodes are located there.

ixnayray said:

Yeah I know that. I just don't know why.

kopper said:

That's because those are the only episodes showing up in your RSS feed.

ixnayray said:

Way Past Cool is :

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586

I just went over to iTunes. Seems fine although you can only access episodes 13 to 30 for some reason...

• February 10, 2012 12:14 PM CST
    • Ok thanks very much Kopper, i'll look into it.

• February 10, 2012 12:12 PM CST
    • Probably has to do where you have your feed sourced. Is it Mevio? You'll have to login to your Feedburner account and check what you have as your "original feed," then investigate and see if your previous episodes are located there.

ixnayray said:

Yeah I know that. I just don't know why.

kopper said:

That's because those are the only episodes showing up in your RSS feed.

ixnayray said:

Way Past Cool is :

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586

I just went over to iTunes. Seems fine although you can only access episodes 13 to 30 for some reason...