Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 11, 2012 5:21 PM CST
    • Which feed are you submitting?

YOU GOT GOOD TASTE said:

I submitted my feed to iTunes years ago and it still hasn't been made into a page, I've tried re submitting but it just says this feed has already be submitted! What do I do?

• February 11, 2012 5:10 PM CST
    • I submitted my feed to iTunes years ago and it still hasn't been made into a page, I've tried re submitting but it just says this feed has already be submitted! What do I do?

• February 11, 2012 3:26 PM CST
    • I knew it. Fucking itunes had some kind of parental lock on.  Doesn't it know the difference between immature and underage?   I'm good now.  Thx

• February 11, 2012 2:07 PM CST
    • Yeah, the "Subscribe for free" link in iTunes works for me on Way Past Cool. It's the button that appears directly below the show art... which, by the way, is the generic iTunes podcast art. Steve, you should fix that. Make it your logo. Add that in Feedburner.

ixnayray said:

That's pretty weird Bill. I just followed the link to iTunes and I was given the option to subscribe... Not sure what I can tell you...

Bill Z Bub said:

When I try to go to some of the links you've posted such as (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586) I can listen on that particular page.  

But when I click View in iTunes, subscribe is disabled for all of the episodes.  

Thx! 

• February 11, 2012 1:59 PM CST
    • That's pretty weird Bill. I just followed the link to iTunes and I was given the option to subscribe... Not sure what I can tell you...

Bill Z Bub said:

When I try to go to some of the links you've posted such as (http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586) I can listen on that particular page.  

But when I click View in iTunes, subscribe is disabled for all of the episodes.  

Thx! 

• February 11, 2012 10:56 AM CST
    • I'm not sure how it is for Posterous, but Word press has a limit for how much they put on an RSS feed. This can usually be corrected to expand the number of shows. 

As for iTunes I'm at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bibliodiscoteque/id390553303

and you can subscribe to get all new ones downloaded automatically. I find the GPPN podcast to be the only one needed as I get all the shows put on GPPN updated as they are posted

ixnayray said:

Well my 'Original Feed' is with Posterous now and all my episodes are located there. So I'd be grateful if you have any ideas... But i'm stumped.

kopper said:

Probably has to do where you have your feed sourced. Is it Mevio? You'll have to login to your Feedburner account and check what you have as your "original feed," then investigate and see if your previous episodes are located there.

ixnayray said:

Yeah I know that. I just don't know why.

kopper said:

That's because those are the only episodes showing up in your RSS feed.

ixnayray said:

Way Past Cool is :

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586

I just went over to iTunes. Seems fine although you can only access episodes 13 to 30 for some reason...

• February 11, 2012 10:50 AM CST
    • What do you mean by "in my file"???

Again, check your Feedburner account. Log in and see what you have for the original feed. You may need to fix it like ixnayray did above.

The Desperate Hour Podcast said:

iTunes is missing the last couple of DHs.  In my file it's missing episodes 1-6

• February 11, 2012 10:49 AM CST
    • If you *just* switched the original feed to Posterous now, then it won't reflect any change on your Feedburner feed (or in iTunes) until after you post a new episode or ping the feed to refresh it.

ixnayray said:

Well my 'Original Feed' is with Posterous now and all my episodes are located there. So I'd be grateful if you have any ideas... But i'm stumped.

kopper said:

Probably has to do where you have your feed sourced. Is it Mevio? You'll have to login to your Feedburner account and check what you have as your "original feed," then investigate and see if your previous episodes are located there.

ixnayray said:

Yeah I know that. I just don't know why.

kopper said:

That's because those are the only episodes showing up in your RSS feed.

ixnayray said:

Way Past Cool is :

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/way-past-cool/id416243586

I just went over to iTunes. Seems fine although you can only access episodes 13 to 30 for some reason...

• February 11, 2012 4:20 PM CST
    • Then , much later , there was "Be Cool , Dave or Jimmy or somebody (I forget) Is Dancing with a Sissy " , which takes a decidedly un - 70's "That's coool , different strokes " approach.

For all the talk we hear about how "Open" the 70's were , you could'nt sell a "Gay" themed song , unless it was a Novelty , like Rod Hart's "C.B.Savage". Then , of course , years later , you had Josie Cotton (Who , if it were possible to turn a Gay man Straight , she could have done it.) with her (Novelty) hit , "Johnny , Are You Queer" , which later became something of a pro - Gay anthem....It was'nt concieved in hatred , just for laffs. Same with Reverend Horton Heat's "Cowboy Love".

IDON MINE said:

Joe is one of the weirdest out there! His early rough soul tracks make me wonder someone ever had him record a love balad. PNEUMONIA also come to mind, where he is love sick and says he's "gonna blacken both of her eyes!" He has some other really psycho ones, can't think of them now.

G'DAMN CREEP! 

swt said:

Ona recent episode of The Big Enchilada, I played "Davy, You Upset My Home" by Joe Tex. It's about a guy who's jealous because his girl is really into Davy Crockett. (I think this is from the late '50s when Davy Crockett was a very popular TV show.)

The girl even buys Davy Crockett false teeth because, Joe sings, "I punched her in the mouth last night."

Another line: "I whipped her so until she went insane. And now she wants to buy herself a Davy Crockett brain."

• February 11, 2012 4:12 PM CST
    • I always thought "Bodies" was an anti - BACK ALLEY abortion song , but , since Lydon was raised Catholic , it was derided as an anti - abortion song , in general...Never heard Lydon's story you mention , but , it makes sense. He does'nt seem to want to talk about it , asking questions from the stage like "Should abortions be illegal ? GOOD QUESTION." AND LEAVING IT AT THAT.

Tris Burns said:

good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

• February 11, 2012 3:43 PM CST
    • I LIKED THEIR FIRST ALBUM , KIND OF CONTRIVED , MAYBE LIKE A FAR SLICKER EARLY HENTCHMEN (BOTH BANDS WERE PATTERNED LARGELY ON THE RIVIERAS....NOT A BAD THING.)...But , this was in the 90's when the economy only sucked audibly , not OUT LOUD....AND , LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE , i WAS BUYING ALMOST ANY NEW GARAGE BAND'S LPs.....Then , trading a lot of them back , including THE BOSS MARTIAN'S DEBUT. NOT THAT i THOUGHT IT WAS BAD , BUT i KNEW i WOULD'NT LISTEN TO IT FOR 5 TO 10 YEARS.....

I SAW THE BOSS MARTIANS IN 2006 , WHEN THEY SEEMED ON THE VERGE OF GETTING SOME OF THOSE GARAGE ROCK DOLLARS.....I WAS THERE TO SEE THE SIRENS , MAKING A RARER - THAN - HEN'S NUTS APPEARANCE OUTSIDE OF DETROIT. THEY KILLED , BOSS MARTIANS WERE'NT BAD , BUT , I WAS'NT SOLD ON THEIR NEW SOUND.......

• February 11, 2012 3:00 PM CST
    • This is awesome news! The Oblivians are an awesome band and In the Red is an awesome label. I can't wait for this sucker to hit my turntable!

• February 11, 2012 3:00 PM CST
    • Matthew's comment saved my GaragePunk Hideout day!

• February 11, 2012 2:39 PM CST
    • I am glad there is a spot on the internet "The GaragePunk Hideout" where people can argue for the Oblivians!  If I brought it up any where, where I live 1 out of 10,000 people would have no idea what the Hell I was talking about. I also saw them down in Lawrence, KS and would love a new album but that might just be the plate in my head talking.

• February 11, 2012 2:24 PM CST
    • Aw, damn. Looks like "Hot Pockets" deleted his profile. One less asshole to worry about!

• February 11, 2012 1:06 PM CST
    • Selling out is kind of a stupid term now a days. The record labels don't have the money they used to have. People aren't buying albums anymore like they used to. The artists have to do whatever it is they can so that they can keep playing what they love. If that means selling the rights of a song to a commercial? So be it. As long as it's something you can believe in and it helps you continue to be the musician you want to be-then great!

• February 11, 2012 12:06 PM CST
    • If this website is THAT pointless, then delete your profile. This site isn't an incubator of hate, and whether you were provoked or not, you shared plenty of negativity everywhere you left your piss spots. Like Gringo said "what comes around goes around."

Hot Pockets said:

Look, I don't even know what a troll is. I just know you think I'm bad or something. I do know that this is boring because you people have responded to my comments in an insulting manner and then turn it around on me. But I guess that is kind of typical of the internet. 

I'm going to go watch the Man U and Liverpool game now. Have fun with your little Hideout. It's safe from me. You can have your fun uninterrupted by any immature, cynical, dipshit, petty, donkeyfucker bullshit. (That's a partial list of the insults thrown at me today) 

But, I felt like I had something to say to people on here and I know you people will never get what I am saying or really read what I wrote. It's pointless. 

Basically, I feel this website is pointless. But that's your journey, my friends.

Good luck! Don't take any wooden nickels.

• February 11, 2012 12:01 PM CST
    • Hey, don't take it personally. I do understand you were provoked a bit but you did come on pretty strong for a new member. Most of your other posts have also been a bit negative. What comes around goes around.

• February 11, 2012 11:44 AM CST
    • Well, like my grandpa always told me, 'Always let the asshole have the last word.'

• February 11, 2012 11:35 AM CST
    • You expect us to believe that bullshit? Grow up or leave the Hideout, this is your LAST warning.

Hot Pockets said:

Gosh, you got a thing, girl. I'm not a troll. Can't you read? I'm defending my opinion like an adult person. Nicely without swearing or using exclamations points or CAPS!!!!!!!

Anyhow, this joke's gone on long enough. Got you guys! This is Greg Carwright. Ha! Ha!

You thought I was some jerk emo agent provacateur, didn't you?

• February 11, 2012 11:24 AM CST
    • There you go again! I love how you single handedly define this Garagepunk thing (of yours) so narrowly into your mid-nineties mind frame. No. It wasn't certainly a new kind of development. In the early eighties we were calling bands like The Seeds - Garage Punk. 

Hot Pockets said:

Garagepunk, as in all the Crypt bands that combined punk with old rock n roll. It certainly was kind of a new development although there were precedents set by previous bands. Right? 

• February 11, 2012 10:50 AM CST
    • Hey, I issued you a warning already, as well as posted the Network Guidelines on your profile. One of the rules is "DON'T BE A DICK"!

Hot Pockets said:

By the way, Kopper, if you are so above labels, unlike us petty morons, why don't you change the name of the website to something like "good music.com" or "open-minded nice people.com". Obviously, a style of music usually has a name for easy reference. Therefore, we know what kind of music and general attitude is meant when we say garage or emo or loungecore.

Sorry, I know I'm a dick and I have no friends. That is why I started writing on here to be a spoilsport for all you sensitive people. If we weren't on the computer you could punch me or something.

• February 11, 2012 2:37 PM CST
    • About 15 minutes late starting due to the snow … Download or stream the entire Feb. 10 show right here. Find Zero Hour on Facebook here.

Cocktails for Three – Terry Allen
      One, Two, Three & I Fell – Tommy James & the Shondells
      Three Years – Harold L. & the Offbeats
      Three Cheers for the Losers – Wynn Stewart
      Three Times a Fool – Otis Rush
      Three Long Years – Sugar Shack

Insane – Shoutless
      Whatever – Troll Control
      Tie Me Up – Spanking Charlene
      Night Time – The Chayns
      Baby Doll – The Connection
      Anytime You Want Me – The Moto-Gators
      Baby, I Love You – The Wild Ones

Local Lunchbox
      Wild One/Tin Star – The Mystery Girls
      Blue Tar – Head On Electric
      Later Than You Think – Wanda Chrome

Who’s Gonna Break the Ice – The Plimsouls
      Kiss Me – Kurt Baker
      Do You Wanna Dance – Del Shannon
      Right or Wrong – The Sprague Brothers
      Dance on Your Problems – The Riots

Take Me Back – Hot Knives
      Hung Over – The Martinis
      Everything I Do is Wrong – Reigning Sound

Bhaji Blues – Tandoori Knights
      Wild Wild East – Tandoori Knights
      Devil in Me – Two Bit Dezperados 
      Back to You – Bazooka
      You Will Always Bring Me Flowers – Shannon & the Clams

50’s French Move – The Chrome Cranks
      I Kill Me – The Ills
      Hang Loose – Thee Exciters
      The Jinx – The Dustaphonics
      Love Theme for a Twisted Mind – Kill, Baby … Kill

Lock Me Up – The Flip-Tops
      Fadin’ Luv – Sonic Avenues
      Upside Down – Mind Spiders
      Diet, Crime & Delinquency – Personal & the Pizzas
      Peint en Noir – Curlee Wurlee
      Ballroom Disasters – The Barreracudas
      Riot Girls – Bleed

It’s Cold Outside – Stiv Bators
      That Girl – The Go-Wows
      In the Street – Get-Set
      Not Man Enough – The Electric Stars
      I Woke Up – Trolley
      I’m Gonna Try – The Purple Hearts

• February 11, 2012 2:16 PM CST
    • OK, it now looks like we'll have plenty of good tracks for not only Vol. 7, but Vol. 8 as well! You can still continue to submit songs for Volumes 8 and, hopefully, 9. I'm also now taking suggestions for name and cover art for Vol. 8. See the GRGPNK Records group "Cover Art" topic for details.