Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• October 27, 2011 7:15 PM CDT
    • A Gories cover wouldn't hurt, like "Thunderbird esq" or "I Think Ive Had It". Both can be fairly improvisational.

• October 27, 2011 11:17 AM CDT
    • No I was adding on to what Kopper was saying..I forgot to hit reply.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

And you're going to open with that when you perform?

Old School Hero said:
      As weird as it is...I've been working on a Garage Punk style version of My Way by Limp Bizkit. Just sayin'.

• October 27, 2011 10:28 AM CDT
    •  

...'Down At The Nightclub' by The Creeps...

• October 27, 2011 5:07 AM CDT
    • "for my woman - the easy beats" as a ritual

• October 27, 2011 2:33 AM CDT
    • And you're going to open with that when you perform?

Old School Hero said:

As weird as it is...I've been working on a Garage Punk style version of My Way by Limp Bizkit. Just sayin'.

• October 27, 2011 6:31 PM CDT
    • I don't know if its a national thing or not, but after Jeopardy in Columbus they've started showing cough drop commercials featuring Rudy "Tutti" Grayzell.  How freakin' cool is that!

• October 27, 2011 3:05 PM CDT
    • any ones knows the model the silvertone was it has a great town with the mustang copy

• October 27, 2011 2:34 PM CDT
    • I saw the thread title and was about to vote for Jerry Roslie but you beat me to it!

• October 27, 2011 1:12 PM CDT
    • Oh baby
      Stomp and scream baby
      Wail baby

Do the thing, move it 'round
      Just a little bit, come on baby
      Ya' got a good thing goin'.
      Yes, yes, baby

Stomp and scream baby
      Don't mean maybe
      You're my baby, you're my baby
      I don't mean maybe

Oh baby
      Stomp and scream baby

Thee Knight Of Trashe said:

...'Screaming Lord Sutch'...

• October 27, 2011 10:38 AM CDT
    •  

...'Screaming Lord Sutch'...

• October 27, 2011 1:24 PM CDT
    • ELO Don't Bring Me Down?!?! are you nuts?!?! that song RULES. it kinda reminds me of boogie-era Status Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil Collins and Michael McDonald's voices makes me want to stab people, but my least favorite song of all time is DANCE WITH ME by ORLEANS ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• October 27, 2011 8:26 AM CDT
    • dont like i had too much to dream last night

• October 27, 2011 11:37 AM CDT
    • I think this was compiled and produced by the same guy that put together the "Aliens, Psychos, & Wild Things" comp series and the '60's soul comp "Old Virginia Soul". I really want to pick this up, though!

MsStixx '76 - Elisa said:

Looks like there is a tasty disc out to go with the exhibition called Virginia Rocks
      http://www.amazon.com/Virginia-Rocks-History-Rockabilly-Commonwealt...

• October 27, 2011 11:33 AM CDT
    • Thanks, but I think I'm done with it (at least for a long while).

• October 27, 2011 9:15 AM CDT
    • Yep, that's exactly what I wanted to say !

Mottey's Garage said:

I know what your talking bout...looking forwardnto next one though..when ever

• October 27, 2011 10:33 AM CDT
    •  

...Jon Lord.

...James Taylor,(The Prisoners/J.T.Q).

...Fay Hallam,(Makin' Time/The Prime Movers).

• October 27, 2011 8:28 AM CDT
    • and lest we forget captain sensibles organ solo in the damneds i just cant be happy today

• October 27, 2011 8:32 AM CDT
    • THE ROUTES!!!!!

• October 27, 2011 8:20 AM CDT
    • thank you dublÉ. feeling a bit dazed and confused. and none of us even like led zep!

dublÉ said:

Just wanted to give you a few words of support here... First of all, I think it's perfectly valid to have a personal and/or general interest in defining of the "Garage" term – or any other term for that matter – however loosely... Actually the "getting it" (or not) part, is rather dependant on the definition of "it".

Secondly, I must say I'm amazed by how easily offended some members seem to get by your question, but I think you addressed that pretty accurately yourself here.

All the best.  e

DEPRAVOS DE LA MOUR said:

kopper attacked us and said "you either get it or you dont" the smugness of that remark is not cool. it basically says "you must be stupid if you don't get it like i do" and that's ALL it says. kind of a kindergarten bully response. we have personal opinions on the subject but that is about all that is possible with a genre that means completely different things to many people. we were interested in what the people here thought. why is that such a difficult thing to understand? better yet why the fuck would that infuriate people? we thought this was a discussion group. we have not had "issues" with people's responses. we have had interest in what they are saying. again this seems a capitol crime.

• October 27, 2011 4:52 AM CDT
    • Just wanted to give you a few words of support here... First of all, I think it's perfectly valid to have a personal and/or general interest in defining of the "Garage" term – or any other term for that matter – however loosely... Actually the "getting it" (or not) part, is rather dependant on the definition of "it".

Secondly, I must say I'm amazed by how easily offended some members seem to get by your question, but I think you addressed that pretty accurately yourself here.

All the best.  e

kopper attacked us and said "you either get it or you dont" the smugness of that remark is not cool. it basically says "you must be stupid if you don't get it like i do" and that's ALL it says. kind of a kindergarten bully response. we have personal opinions on the subject but that is about all that is possible with a genre that means completely different things to many people. we were interested in what the people here thought. why is that such a difficult thing to understand? better yet why the fuck would that infuriate people? we thought this was a discussion group. we have not had "issues" with people's responses. we have had interest in what they are saying. again this seems a capitol crime.

• October 26, 2011 7:47 PM CDT
    • I think it's time for a group hug.

Or maybe a circle jerk. O_o

• October 26, 2011 7:42 PM CDT
    • it's the know its and get its that are confusing us.

joey fuckup said:

I'm sorry you don't understand that. And if anybody following this thread doesn't understand what I just typed, I can only "sorry", because I'm not sure I can make it any more plain than that.

sorry joey but we are really confused as to the meaning of what you just said. that is not an attack or an "issue". we just can't figure it out.

joey fuckup said:
      There can be, and sometimes it's not. People may listen to garage for the first time and not "know it" when they are hearing it. Sometimes it takes several attempts (or records, whatever) to "get it". Just because you hear garage for the first time, doesn't necessarily mean you "know it". And there are plenty of people out there (a shame really), that continue to hear it and still not "get it".

there is a big difference between the phrases  "you get it or you don't" and "you know it when you hear it"

Old School Hero said:
      Also...I don't think the ''You get it or you don't'' thing is that smug. You notice a difference when you hear Garage for the first time. I was always a fan of oldies music (hate that fucking term)...but boy when I heard the bands on Little Steven's Underground Garage (which I never listen to anymore) I knew it wasn't like anything I heard before.

• October 26, 2011 7:38 PM CDT
    • I'm sorry you don't understand that. And if anybody following this thread doesn't understand what I just typed, I can only say "sorry", because I'm not sure I can make it any more plain than that.

sorry joey but we are really confused as to the meaning of what you just said. that is not an attack or an "issue". we just can't figure it out.

joey fuckup said:
      There can be, and sometimes it's not. People may listen to garage for the first time and not "know it" when they are hearing it. Sometimes it takes several attempts (or records, whatever) to "get it". Just because you hear garage for the first time, doesn't necessarily mean you "know it". And there are plenty of people out there (a shame really), that continue to hear it and still not "get it".

there is a big difference between the phrases  "you get it or you don't" and "you know it when you hear it"

Old School Hero said:
      Also...I don't think the ''You get it or you don't'' thing is that smug. You notice a difference when you hear Garage for the first time. I was always a fan of oldies music (hate that fucking term)...but boy when I heard the bands on Little Steven's Underground Garage (which I never listen to anymore) I knew it wasn't like anything I heard before.

• October 27, 2011 1:32 AM CDT
    • They are completely different from each other. It is like compare wine and beer. Maybe you would prefer one or another, but it is a matter of taste and not who is better than the other. 

• October 26, 2011 9:19 PM CDT
    • Does anyone else think Eric Burdon should have been the rock icon that Jim Morrison was? (In my opinion) he was cooler, had a better voice and made better music. I'm sure, I'm in the minority on this among most people.