Forums » Shakin' Street

List of newest posts

• February 27, 2012 1:22 PM CST
    • I like this idea.  

Ernesto Garcia Marques said:

A Garage Punk copilation of cover versions would be really cool. Don't know about Kenny Rogers covers but that would be interesting....

• February 27, 2012 1:12 PM CST
    • What a cool thing to find! 

• February 27, 2012 10:14 AM CST
    • Listen to this week's show here!  http://cjamlog1.cjam.ca/mp3dirnew/381-The_Trip-20120226-0030-t1330216200.mp3

The setlist!

LARRY WILLIAMS  SLOW DOWN 
      GINO WASHINGTON  OUT OF THIS WORLD 
      BO DIDDLEY  16 TONS 
      THE MIGHTY HANNIBAL HYMN NO. 5 
      LITTLE WILLIE JOHN I'M SHAKIN'
      ANDRE WILLIAMS  IS IT TRUE?
      ANDRE WILLIAMS  HEY TRUCKERS 
      BIG MAMA THORNTON  I SMELL A RAT 
      DON COVAY  MERCY MERCY 
      ESQUERITA  ROCKIN' THE JOINT 
      LITTLE RICHARD THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT 
      THE COASTERS  DOWN IN MEXICO 
      DAVIS JONES & THE FENDERS  BOSS WITH THE HOT SAUCE 
      BLACK MERDA CYNTHY-RUBY 
      BLACK MERDA SISTERS AND BROTHERS 
      BLACK MERDA THINK OF ME 
      DEATH  THE CHANGE 
      DEATH  ROCK AND ROLL VICTIM 
      DEATH  FREAKIN' OUT 
      DEATH  WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE 
      FUNKADELIC  SOME MORE 
      FUNKADELIC  EULOGY AND LIGHT 
      FUNKADELIC  SUPER STUPID 
      BLACK MERDA FOXY LADY 

• February 25, 2012 5:03 PM CST
    • Tonight!!  

The Trip celebrates Black History Month by spot-lighting influential artists from Detroit:  Black Merda, Death, Funkadelic, & Andre Williams, as well as featuring their usual scorching-hot, primitive rock and roll, R&B, soul, & blues sizzlers.  Tune in on Sunday, February 26 from 12:30 to 2 am (late-night Saturday!).  99.1 FM Windsor/ Detroit, Channel 285 on Cogeco Cable and streamable here: http://stream.cjam.ca/stream.m3u

• February 27, 2012 1:53 AM CST
    • Oh, you're very welcome brother!

Now, that's some good news!! Bring back the WILD WILD SOUND! No matter how!

I have to say though, part of the fun for me, next to the great playlists, was hearing you yap and shout. Maybe just reduce it to the shouting then? ;)

GRINGO: Haha, I wasn't around for the very first SN, but that sound slike some serious fun there, have to check back on #1. Yeah, you loons always know how to throw a podcast party!

Wipeout! said:

Big thanx to IDON MINE fer the praise of my old 'cast & can't agree enuf that those first few years were a golden age fer the GPPR...I still listen to old Hot Slops, Flying Saucer Rock'n'Roll, Radioblivion, the GP Surfcasts...just halcyon daze, baby...

But KOPPER has given me an idea--maybe I oughta bring back Wild Wild Sound but just with little-to-no talk-overs...I mean, postin' the playlists should be enuf to play along at home right? ...thoughts?

IDON MINE said:

[...]

Then there was Radioblivion, Savage Kick, Flying Saucer Rock'n'Roll, Sonic Nightmares, Get Drunk Play Records, Hangin on for mercy, Wild Wild Sound, Desperate Hour, + so many more... THE CLASSICS. One long trail of EVERYTHING. My fuses got busted! I thought: "WHAT?? There is even more??" Every show great, with lots of discoveries. Couldn't and wouldn't wanna live without it.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Thanks for it all!

• February 26, 2012 10:26 AM CST
    • Big thanx to IDON MINE fer the praise of my old 'cast & can't agree enuf that those first few years were a golden age fer the GPPR...I still listen to old Hot Slops, Flying Saucer Rock'n'Roll, Radioblivion, the GP Surfcasts...just halcyon daze, baby...

But KOPPER has given me an idea--maybe I oughta bring back Wild Wild Sound but just with little-to-no talk-overs...I mean, postin' the playlists should be enuf to play along at home right? ...thoughts?

IDON MINE said:

[...]

Then there was Radioblivion, Savage Kick, Flying Saucer Rock'n'Roll, Sonic Nightmares, Get Drunk Play Records, Hangin on for mercy, Wild Wild Sound, Desperate Hour, + so many more... THE CLASSICS. One long trail of EVERYTHING. My fuses got busted! I thought: "WHAT?? There is even more??" Every show great, with lots of discoveries. Couldn't and wouldn't wanna live without it.

Said it before and I'll say it again: Thanks for it all!

• February 26, 2012 9:53 AM CST
    • I'm also a bit embarrassed about the first episodes of Sonic Nightmares. But you have to start somewhere. It was just Beat-Man and I (which sounds like a movie title) and I don't even think I played any background music or used any vocal effects. The early episodes are a bit dry but the music kicks ass. Sonic Nightmares #2 (Chris-Mess special) is particularly weird. Inviting the rest of the gang really boosted the energy level and of course the variety of records we have to choose from really expanded. The first episode with the whole gang is pretty insane (Sonic Nightmares #18 - Sonic Nightmares Anonymous).

• February 26, 2012 12:27 PM CST
    • Heart full of soul

• February 25, 2012 7:40 PM CST
    • IT COULD HAVE BEEN "FAT BASTARDS !!" , TOO , BUT THE MACC LADDS DID THAT TO "BLOCKBUSTER" BY SWEET.  

melissa scott said:

The film Ghostbusters was released in the UK after the song was already a hit in the US. My friends working in a record shop thought they were singing, "Those Bastards."

:D

• February 25, 2012 7:38 PM CST
    • Wow. So , it's officially a musical genre ,now? Cool....I forgot about " I Wanna Piece of Bacon" (I Wanna Be Sedated).
        and "Only The Lonely Get Laid".....THANKS.
       kopper said:

• February 25, 2012 7:29 PM CST
    • I THINK THAT'S ACTUALLY CLOSER TO ACCURATE , kopper.

kopper said:

Growing up listening to K-SHE 95 in St. Louis, this song was on the radio constantly:

I always thought the first verse of that song went:

Heartbreak the salt shaker
      I've been told about you
      Steamroll the midnight soda
      When they been seein' mustard, too

Heh...

• February 25, 2012 4:02 PM CST
    • Review

And yet, amid the skyscrapers…down on the streets, artists were breaking music apart and rebuilding it for a new era. Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataaa, and Grandmaster Flash hot-wired street parties with collaged shards of vinyl LPs. The New York Dolls stripped rock ‘n’ roll to its frame and wrapped it in gender-fuck drag, taking a cue from Warhol’s transvestite glamour queens. Bruce Springsteen and Patti Smith, both bussed in from Jersey, took a cue from the elusive Dylan, combining rock and poetry into new shapes.

• February 25, 2012 3:02 PM CST
    • That reminds me of when I saw the "Misfits" last year I can't remember the names of the current lineup but one of the guys would it have been Danzig? His hairline has receeded so much that the devil lock is now impossible so he grew a ponytail and dies it black, then just before the show tapes it to his head and puts a cap over the tape.

John Carlucci said:

Nothing looks worse than a middle aged dude trying to squeeze into pants that are way too thin & tight or trying to hide a receding hair line with a weird comb over. LOL. (I still have my hair at 55 btw I wear hats when my gray roots start showing- and let me warn you how fucked up my feet are now because of years of wearing Beatle Boots!)

• February 25, 2012 12:12 PM CST
    • I will never have a matching outfit setup as great as the Hamburglars and I am ridiculously jealous right now, that rules!

• February 25, 2012 3:47 AM CST
    • Hey thats great, Hamburglers!

more crazy uniforms please (ulp I bought a Austrian military jacket complete with the Nazi style cap thinkin this would be cool for when onstage, haven't had the balls to do this as i don't wanna be lynched)

• February 25, 2012 11:03 AM CST
    • So this thread got me to searchin' & a-surfin' some of these labels' online shops, and realized, wowzers is ESTRUS still even in business??

• February 25, 2012 9:04 AM CST
    • That should be 89.7, not 98.7 for the Rochestertarians that listen on the air.

• February 25, 2012 8:31 AM CST
    • Listen to the Jeff of the Future Radio Show on Saturday February 25th from 1:00-3:00PM EST.  There will be punk and garage on the radio at 98.7 WITR-FM in Rochester, NY and streaming live at http://witr.rit.edu

• February 25, 2012 5:33 AM CST
    • I have already commented about a couple of forum post like this. Maybe you guys didn't read them. We want to try to raise the bar a bit when it comes to forum posts. Picture games and song games are not cutting it anymore. I encourage you to give your forum posts a bit more thought. We always have the chat pane or your personal Hideout blogs if you wanna discuss things like this. I hope you guys understand where we are coming from on this. Thanks in advance.

• February 25, 2012 3:23 AM CST
    • Hello all you chaps & ladies, I'm also into most of the stuff you guys are into...

I drive a Black London taxi, so I guess that fits the same thing(re Black in band name), ha,ha

Simon

• February 25, 2012 1:02 AM CST
    • Sounds like a rad idea! I'll make that happen!

swt said:

Hi Nik. You (and you other newbies in bands) should put some of your best songs up on Music Alley, so some of us sleazy odcasters can use 'em for our shows..http://www.musicalley.com/

• February 24, 2012 9:41 PM CST
    • Hi Nik. You (and you other newbies in bands) should put some of your best songs up on Music Alley, so some of us sleazy odcasters can use 'em for our shows..http://www.musicalley.com/

• February 25, 2012 1:07 AM CST
    • Show #362: "The Eggman Collection #109" playlist:

The Paisleys - "Cosmic Mind At Play/Rockin'"
      Redbone - "Little Girl"
      John Lennon - "How?"
      Jerry Jeff Walker - "Help Me Now"
      The Bluethings - "You Can Live In Our Tree"
      Johnny Kidd & The Pirates - "Shakin' All Over"
      The Association - "Bring Yourself Home"
      John Carpenter - "Bank Robbery"
      The United States Of America - "Hard Coming Love"
      The Rascals - "Death's Reply"
      The Cinnamon - "Oh Elaina (Black Sheep Of My Mind)"
      Blossom Toes - "I Will Bring You This And That"
      Genesis - "Horizons"
      John Lennon - "One Day (At A Time)"
      The U (Don't) No Who - "Strange People"
      Locomotive - "Roll Over Mary"
      Bob Dylan - "Lay Lady Lay"
      The Ivy League - "What More Do You Want"
      The Avengers VI - "Time Bomb"
      Mortimer - "Dedicated Music Man"
      Quentin E. Klopjaeger & The Gonks - "The Long Way Home"
      Anglo Saxton - "Ruby"
      Warren Smith - "Red Cadillac And A Black Mustache"
      The Monocles - "The Spider And The Fly"
      Jerry St. Clair - "Mrs. Jensen Sits Alone"
      The Electric Prunes - "Giant Sunhorse"
      Loudon Wainwright III - "Glad To See You've Got Religion"
      Barry Benson - "I Can Wait"
      The Mystery Trend - "Johnny Was A Good Boy"
      Phil & The Frantics - "I Must Run"
      Quicksilver Messenger Service - "Shady Grove"
      The Lemon Fog - "The Living Eye Theme"
      The Kirkbys - "Don't You Want Me No More"
      Ed Cassidy & Randy California - "My Friend"
      The Beatles - "I Want To Hold Your Hand"
      The New York Rock & Roll Ensemble - "Trio Sonata No. 1 In C Major, 2nd Movement-Alla Breve Fugue/She's Gone"
      The Kinks - "A Long Way From Home"
      Donovan - "Curry Land"
      Bloodrock - "Sable And Pearl"
      Ozzy Osbourne - "Revelation (Mother Earth)"
      Caravan - "Magic Man"

Click here to stream this show now: http://eggmanrulez.com/m3u/362.m3u
      or to download: http://eggmanrulez.com/streams/362.mp3

***To stream The Metaphysical Circus live via the web click this link: http://portsmouthcommunityradio.org/listen ... to listen to past shows, view playlists and more, fan the show on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Metap ... 50?sk=wall … or check out my website (to be updated someday): http://eggmanrulez.com/
      Live every Friday night at 10pm to 1am EST on WSCA-LP 106.1 FM, Portsmouth Community Radio!

Egg

• February 24, 2012 9:41 PM CST
    • Hi all,

I would like someone here to listen to some '60s Oz tracks. It needs to be someone who has played in a group, as I'd like to get their opinion of production fo recordings i.e reverb, Farfisa, etc. These will published in Ain't Got No Feelin' 4. I will be sending the person a free copy of said magazine. Also I will give them access to FLACs of the tracks.

Only one volunteer? Please PM - it needs to be ASAP, thanks.

Tracks are of the Sunsets, Bobby Dean and the Worried Minds, The Echoes EP (Robbie Peters) and Ray Brown solo 45.